Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > are there any guys that actually find fat girls attractive?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Baby_Blue_x
Msg: 1
are there any guys that actually find fat girls attractive?Page 1 of 1    
As a bbw I just wondered do guys actually find fat girls attractive?
I've had a bit of interest on here but once guys actually grasp I'm not a size 6 they stop mailing

Its just a passing thought, no offence meant or wanted.
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 2
are there any guys that actually find fat girls attractive?
Posted: 4/8/2012 1:41:09 PM
Of course. It goes both ways.
 largo2
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/8/2012 1:41:11 PM
Im not sure how they can miss your size- you have pics and you state upfront you are a BBW.

Maybe the reason is something else. And yes, guys are indeed attracted to fat girls. Some are even willing to admit it.
 Baby_Blue_x
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/8/2012 1:47:06 PM
You know what some men are like they just look at your profile picture, don't read your profile and send you a message anywho; if you find any of those men willing to admit, send them my way hah :)
 unwanted_goods
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/8/2012 1:48:52 PM
You make it pretty clear on your profile that you are a BBW and even mention your size. So not sure how it can come as a shock to anyone, later on.

Personally I consider the person inside much more important than the person outside, if that makes sense.
 MDIYM59
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/8/2012 1:59:50 PM
Yes, a good friend of mine likes bigger ladies. When I asked why, he said he couldn't explain it but he just preferred them. They are known as "chubby chasers" by those who need to categorize or make fun of them. They are out there but they get grief for their preference just like bigger women get for being bigger. Be patient and you will meet them.
Good luck.
 mellowmusician89
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/8/2012 2:13:59 PM
to answer your question there are alot of guys out there that prefer woman with fit bodies, I wont lie to you, as far as I am concerned, I dont mind if a woman is overweight, but there is a line of course. I personally look for personality in a woman more so then her physical attributes, but again there is a line. I guess it all boils down to an individuals standards whatever they may be, but then again this is a dating site, personally I think people just look at my picture and my stats, rarely is it that they actually read my profile.
 darthbanker
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/8/2012 2:34:28 PM

As a bbw I just wondered do guys actually find fat girls attractive?

Some do as a fetish. They simply associate size with less effort, ease, or greater vulnerability, possible emotional status positive or negative.

Some do simply because it affects the bodies ratios in a certain way, or it would more accurately be said they don't find you attractive because you're fat so much as your body still, despite/due to being fat, conforms to a natural aesthetic that is pre "programmed" into people.

Otherwise it depends on the extremes of how fat someone is.
Corpulent, obese, a few extra pounds, curvy, voluptuous, zaftig, etc.
Sometimes it's not really noticed.

I've had a bit of interest on here but once guys actually grasp I'm not a size 6 they stop mailing

It might be something else entirely.
Even if they say it's because you are fat they could be simply telling you that in order to try and make it hurt and for you to go away.
Could be their wife caught them. Or they realize you aren't desperate. Or they just get too scared to meet.
There is no guarantee they stop emailing because of your size.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 2:40:32 PM
I wouldn't call it a fetish or give other motives. It's a preference. Some guys like bigger girls.
 thickandsweet43
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/8/2012 2:45:10 PM
OP, I'm a BBW and damn proud of it. I get alot of views and messages from all different kind of men. Be proud of your size. You are beautiful! We may not be every man's ideal woman but trust me, there are PLENTY of men who love thick and sexy ladies!
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 3:24:36 PM
Well OP,
It's difficult to miss your size so I don't know where any confusion might arise.
However, you're cute, seem fun and have great eyes.
You don't need to find a guy who finds fat girls attractive.
Just find guys who find YOU attractive.

It's not always a fat girl, thin girl thing.
I've dated women who weighed 90 lbs and I've dated women who weighed 250+.
I just liked them.
 c_deacon
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 3:40:33 PM
None taken as far as offense in any fashion.......BUT.....You need to know that most men do not require a size 6 for dating and being attracted to, but most are not looking to to date a size 16 either.

You have a pretty face, so now you need to find those men that are attracted to larger women, and they are out there, so, keep fishing OP.

cd
 GreatGuyATX
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 3:42:17 PM
some men are like they just look at your profile picture, don't read your profile and send you a message anywho

If this is happening a lot - perhaps an appropriate, full length photo, might aid in weeding out the non-believers (and/or those that can't read).
 windchymes
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 4:52:08 PM
There are plenty of guys who appreciate a woman for who she is more than what she looks like. It's just that the ones who place looks...and thinness...at the top of their list of priorities are just more verbal/vocal about it.
 redraider609
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/8/2012 4:57:42 PM
Do YOU find fat guys attractive? You'll find the answer to your own question in this introspective self-questioning.
 Dr__Matt
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:11:14 PM
Personally no, but that's more to lifestyle that physical attractiveness. I know some bigger women who are attractive but, generally, they are bigger for a reason and that is because they don't have active lifestyles. As someone for whom fitness and training are very important, I need someone who is similar.
 outdoorlife61
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:24:04 PM
There is for sure, but I don't....as we get older carrying around too much extra weight is not healthy....at some point you have to look at yourself and say I need to treat my body better so I will have as much time as possible to spend with the right person......not end up with medical issues that could have been prevented...my 2 cents...
 grove_22
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:30:18 PM
Being fat is a dealbreaker to many men. However some men will date and prefer fat women. Personally it would depend on how much overweight she is and how she carries her weight. Some women with a few extra pounds can be very attractive. I'm not attracted to obese women though.
 1966ok
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/8/2012 6:56:46 PM
Sure they do, someone will come along for you soon enough.
 amore01
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/8/2012 8:01:26 PM
you are quite beautiful and carry yourself well.You are trendy and not sloppy..as a bigger girl myself,I think its about the whole package.Some say they are not or would never be attracted to a "certain" type..but sometimes life throws us a curve ball and suddenly we find ourselves outside ones box. I say keep doing what your doing and keep loving you!
 Argonz123
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 8:06:33 PM
Depends on how she handles herself and if she takes time out to dress well and make her self up before going out. I've never really dated a big girl but if she's beautiful and know's how to act like a women (sex appeal) and dresses well I'd go out with her. It's all in the personal hygiene, cuteness and how sexy or provocative she can be.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > are there any guys that actually find fat girls attractive?