Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do all women just want to text???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jimmy_Hoffa
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Do all women just want to text???Page 1 of 1    
I've had real bad luck getting women to reply, then in about 2 weeks I had several women e mailing on here, one by one they all asked "do you text?", the 1st 2 I told them straight up that I'm slow at texting and I work long hard hours at work and don't have time to text and asked why not just talk on the phone, they both just quit talking to me instantly, then a 3rd chick replied with her 1st reply "I'm not on here very often, text me 555-555-5555", I said "why is your phone number an out of area area code?", she replied she had never changed it after she moved here. I haven't texted her yet, it's been like 1.5 weeks. Is this some kinda spam/marketing thing to get my info, or do chicks only like to text any more?
 PutYouOnBlast
Msg: 2
Do all women just want to text???
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:49:30 PM
Don't text if you don't want to. Simple.
 IronBelle
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:49:34 PM
Some of us don't change our area code because it is a pain in the ass changing a phone number. Who the hell knows if it is spam and you should see how many men want to text !!! Don't do it if it bothers you. Simple solution.
 ManOfNature
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:50:24 PM
If the conversation is going well, ask for a meeting. Don't waste time with texting. That's not what you're here for.
 massha
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:51:45 PM
I am sure there are some women who like to text. Also, a lot of people - myself included - move and do not change our cell phone #s, so out of area cell phone does not say anything.

Personally, I do not like texting (unless it's some information that's needed - for example, when we are going somewhere or something like that) and chatting online. It seems slow and pointless.
 massha
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:53:14 PM
But yeah, a lot of guys want to text and chat. I even saw it in profiles! And when I log in, I often get chat requests from some horny guys.
 Jimmy_Hoffa
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 6:00:45 PM
Well, I DO try to chat on here, but no women will respond :( But I'm a guy with big manly hands and it's hard to text on a cell phone, I meen I CAN text, like "hello, what time are you getting off work" but I'm not going to text all day while I'm at work, I've ridden with a female co-worker who was texting with one hand and laughing and going "oh, that is so true!" and texting back all day while driving around town. It's illegal to even text and drive in my state. My job is driving, BTW.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 6:02:05 PM
The danger is that there are lots of people who set up fake profiles, ask you to text them or email them only, and then use your information when you do so, to make money for themselves. That is most likely what those "girls" were doing, since they ONLY wanted you to text.
 massha
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 6:09:57 PM
IgorFrankensteen: does that really happen? What kind of info can be obtained this way? Isn't it somewhat of a, well, laborious way to make money - or to obtain info?
I mean, if you registered a vehicle, registered to vote, used credit cards, used store loyalty cards, etc, the amount of information that is available about you in commercial databases is enormous already, so I am not sure I understand what the fake girls' business model is. Or do you mean that these women are con artists who will take sums of money from you?
 IronBelle
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/8/2012 6:44:27 PM
^ Yes. There are many fake profiles and what is worse, a lot of people fall for the crap. Read the Forums, some people send money, you name it. And then have a broken heart. Thread search some of this crap. It is absurd what people will fall for.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 6:45:24 PM
I don't know that much about it. Just that there are lots of folks out there who collect email and phone addresses to sell to spammers and other advertisers. It's the modern version of junk mail, for the most part. So far as I know, they don't so much steal your identity, as they do add electronic trash to your life.

If nothing else, they waste a ton of your time and get your hopes up that they are real people who are genuinely interested in you, only to dash your hopes, when it turns out that they are either a software "bot" program, or they are some guy in a sweatshop on the other side of the world, sending out stolen pictures of attractive, nice people as disguises.
 tjl503
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/8/2012 6:52:55 PM
Yes, texting has taken over the dating scene. I hate texting and if a woman gives me her number I call her. That's when they usually don't answer and reply back with a text saying "you called?" Grrr. Depending on the woman it's something you have to put up with if they're an avid texter. I like texting to write little messages or if I'm busy at work but I won't get into a text conversation. Get them off this website, then off the phone and set up a face to face as soon as you can.
 Palejewel
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 7:05:34 PM
I text all the time.
But then, I am of the younger generation.

If you don't like texting, then don't do it.
You have the final say.
 juliancannon21
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/8/2012 7:52:08 PM
Once again..texting is the worst form of communication. It should only be used if u are running late or etc.but not for an conversation.
 Bubsy55
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 4:48:33 AM
The answer to your topic is obvious.....For the same reason men will only text women i know.

THEY ARE MARRIED. Not just women do this but men do it very bery often. I know this because i have a rather large group of female friends i know whom are divorced and single. Texting in this category is same as the child who is knowingly doing wrong hides around a corner.

If a person will not call me by phone and speak my motto is IGNORE.
 Primemover34
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 7:36:22 AM
I have a similiar problem even with women who I've already met and hit it off with. It's not so much that they only want to txt or that they don't want to talk if I call, it's that they won't ever call me. Strangest thing. Especially if she's younger than 35.

I've stopped communicating with two women in the past two weeks because I told them to call me when she gets off work. Nothing, and haven't communicated in any way since though things were going great beforehand. Very odd especially since women are supposed to be the more talkative gender.
 onlydateIF
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/9/2012 12:28:30 PM
OP, if you tell a woman you don't like texting and she dissappears, be grateful she's gone! There is absolutely nothing 'wrong' with you for wanting to talk on the phone-no need to tolerate unacceptable responses to the boundaries you set, just means she and you are clearly not a match, and again, DOES NOT insinuate you have a defect for that preference, your 'NO' has a right to be respected as much as a woman's 'NO' needs to be respected. Dating is a two way street OP !!
 BearFish11
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/9/2012 7:35:25 PM
Dont text! big no here, its better you establish a talking conversation with person and once you've established that then you can switch, but if you text all the way before you meet in person and you see this person and it works then great but from my experience, dont do it
 RUND757
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2012 4:16:31 AM
I would be cautious if it was a 555-555-5555 number. You never know these days when someone is trying to scam you. It depends on the girl, some are fixated with texting all the time whereas others like to have an actual conversation to get to know the person. Texting is quick but very impersonal and not a good way to get to know someone. Personally, I like to email the guy a few times to see how the conversation flows. After a few times and I feel comfortable, I will give them my number. That is my story!! Good luck!!
Dawn
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/10/2012 4:32:17 AM
I don't text - I don't have a text plan because I don't text. If I give out my telephone number, the intent is to get a call and hear a voice. To me, texting is the same as messaging on here just a different keyboard.
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2012 4:55:56 AM
absolutely do not text and drive. It is dangerous and someone could die. Texting on the computer is different. I write a few messages and then ask for phone number and then talk on phone for a few days and then meet. I enjoy talking on phone. Sometimes the meet can be intimidating esp. when some men are extremely fussy. My pics are current, last years but some men want perfection and there will always be better looking and worse looking out here. There seems to be so much effort to find someone.......gets discouraging at times.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do all women just want to text???