Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > guys and one night stands      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 countrywoman54935
Msg: 1
view profile
History
guys and one night standsPage 1 of 1    
Why do guys think that just beca use a woman is a BBW all they are good for is a one night stand.

Its getting quite frustrating to hear this at least for me,
I want whole pa ckage, the dating, sex part eventually, but first want to ge to know you , what amkes you tick , what you like dont like and the all the other stuff in between.

Wonder ing if its just me or the way profile is
guys and one night stands
Posted: 4/9/2012 2:09:09 PM

Why do guys think that just beca use a woman is a BBW all they are good for is a one night stand.

how do you know a guy was thinking this? did one say to you, 'all that bbw's are good for is one-night stands'?
 MACALA
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/9/2012 2:18:46 PM
OP~ I just read your profile and found nothing that would lead men to think of you as a "one night stand" type. Quite the opposite, in fact. Good luck with your search as there are chubby chasers out there.
 BrockLee74
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/9/2012 2:21:09 PM
It can be predatory. Some guys are just looking for one night stands so they search out the easy targets.
 Kentish-Man
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 2:21:23 PM
Men think that bigger women will have lower self-esteem so will be more likely to "give it up" in exchange for an ego-boost. Basic human psychology and nothing you do will change it I'm afraid.
 TempusFujis
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/9/2012 2:32:39 PM
No readytomingle, its not because you're a BBW that guys will think that, every woman of every size, race, height gets solicited by poon hounds, dawgs, penises with ears you name it, and you're on a free site , they come out of the woodwork .

Block and delete are your best friends on here, A guy starts talking about sex you cut him off, delete his ass and move on .
 prometheus76
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/9/2012 2:34:09 PM

Why do guys think that just beca use a woman is a BBW all they are good for is a one night stand

When will your thesis be open to peer review so we can see the data you've collected that lead you to this conclusion?

Otherwise, I think that you're just full of it and are using ignorant generalizations.
 Bond_Girl
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/9/2012 2:35:59 PM
You are a woman and they are w******, you must that know not all guys are like this.

If you begin chatting to a guy and you see the same flags then instantly stop talking to them, some of these predators are sneaky it's true. I never understand it myself when there are enough one night stand women online for them to choose from. Perhaps it's more of a thrill to chase someone who's harder to pull.
Don't take it personally.. just keep saying to yourself 'It's not me.. it's them. Good luck with your search :)
 c_deacon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 3:03:54 PM
Most do not think that way, and you have it skewed because those are the ones contacting you right now.......so maybe you should try contacting those you want to know and see how they react.

I can tell you that many of us do not think of BBW's as one night stands, in fact we just do not consider you viable for us at all, in any way sexually, so try not to clump us all into one type, just as I will try not to do that your group.

cd
 OSGF
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/9/2012 3:12:26 PM
How to eliminate the "one night stand" stigma? = Don't have sex with them unless you are in a committed relationship.

GreatGuyATX
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 3:21:11 PM
As has been mentioned a few times. The ones that think with their little head, will go after anyone that is breathing.

The statement "Why do guys think that just because a woman is ________, all they are good for is a roll in the hay." could be changed-to: "Blonde" "Skinny" "Big Chested" "Small Chested"..etc etc etc. For various reasons - some superficial, and others just out of ignorance/immaturity.

To your point though - some of these guys (mentioned in the above two paragraphs) simply think there are women out there who are desperate enough for attention, to give them the time of day. Sadly, there may be - but I wouldn't give it any more thought than you already have - they are the ones with issues.
 kentuckywoman111
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/9/2012 4:36:22 PM
She`s posting her experience. Don`t be such an ego maniac and give her a break...also answer her question if you get around to it.
 darthbanker
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/9/2012 4:56:36 PM

IMO that's not all they think a BBW is good for, that is all they really want from her, and her size (due to the general social attitude of BBW's) denotes less effort and ease in acquiring what they want from her.

I want whole pa ckage, the dating, sex part eventually, but first want to ge to know you , what amkes you tick , what you like dont like and the all the other stuff in between.

That's part of the problem.
When someone is easily labeled (BBW) then it's easy for someone to believe they already know you, what makes you tick, what you like, don't like, and all the other stuff in between. There's no point in going through all that. You fit in a box.
Why do you think people make labels?

Putting someone in a box (nerd, geek, pothead, BBW, redneck, girlfriend, boyfriend, jerk, ahole) means less mental effort required to figure out boundaries and rules and expectations or what to expect from their behavior.
Interaction just becomes rote and formulaic.
If I describe a multi legged creature and it's attributes you start imagining it in different aspects, different creatures, different capabilities, different environments, trying to figure out "what's going on," and, "how do I interact with it, why is it relevant to me."
If I say "squid," you know it's a sea creature that is small, has so many legs, what it looks like, what it can do. You've figured out what's going on, where it's relevant, and move forward.

If you don't want to be labeled and have people respond to the label rather respond to you as a person, it's your responsibility to find some way that makes it less easy for them to put a label on you.
 prometheus76
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/9/2012 5:11:29 PM
The question cannot be answered because it makes no sense. All guys don't assume larger women are only good for one night stands.
 daynadaze
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 5:13:01 PM
Women of all sizes/shapes/looks get it from guys who are only looking for sex. Some men have been brought up to think that fat women are easy, easy women are easy, their size/shape/looks don't matter, some people are just really insecure and desperate. These guys are just hitting and seeing if it works, block and forget it, getting riled up won't change anything. You know who you are and what you want, we all have to weed out the ones we don't like.
 minervyx
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/9/2012 5:52:52 PM
of the guys you are talking about, some of them think that just because a woman isn't a size 4, that she has low-self esteem and she has low standards. others just have a fat fetish.
 countrywoman54935
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 5:55:00 PM
ty Macala and ty to Kentuckywoman

to other post yes was told this aafter the y had looked at my profile along with some other very hurtfull things, its happened more then once and I do block ?delte but some how they keep coming up

and to all the others i see your points and views too, if this getes deleted oh well
 JesseHay
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/9/2012 7:12:52 PM
hahaha...you tell 'em, Kentucky!
some of these guys.....!Want to hear about the one I went out with who took his swim trunks off in the pool
o the first date! Hello Woodstock-keep that pony in the barn!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > guys and one night stands