Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does it mean when a guy friend just wants to cuddle?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 firewaggs
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What does it mean when a guy friend just wants to cuddle?Page 1 of 1    
My girlfriend is interested in this guy she works with. They text each other occasionally, have spent time outside of work in a social scene with their other friends, but one day he invited her over and they just talked and cuddled. People say he is a player, but if he wanted to sleep with her wouldn't he have tried to already? What does it mean when a guy just wants to cuddle? Is he interested in her then more then just a friend? Someone elaborate!
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 2
What does it mean when a guy friend just wants to cuddle?
Posted: 4/10/2012 5:02:38 PM
Not enough details, in all honesty it could be purely innocent or he's a mastermind trying to set up the foundation for a FWB. You'd have to read into his personality more.
 TempusFujis
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/10/2012 5:09:01 PM
Oh my Firewaggs, okay here is the skinny , when a guy wants to cuddle with a woman but doesn't want to date her , he is looking to butter her muffin.

Players dont have a agenda, they know when to strike they are like a cobra , he invites her over they talk, cuddles, shares intimate secrets and he doesn't come on to her, she feels comfortable, safe and thinks hes a gentleman, so the next time he says come on over and chill with me, the wine is ready, a nice movie, cuddles, tickles her, or plays with her neck, they embrace, kiss and the next thing is her clothes are off and bada bing, he gives her the excuse this has never happened before its because of the heat of the moment , sparks fly blah blah blah and watch after how much the text dwindles .

Tell your friend dont go to his place or invite him over her place, ask him to meet in a public place for drinks or dinner, he may accept but may come up with a excuse at the last minute to get out of it, especially if he knows bobo isn't going to get honked.
 totallycereal
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/10/2012 5:09:15 PM
Hes trying to get into her pants albeit slowly. He might be gay. No hetrsexual male wants to cuddle if sex isn't on the table,but I think hes running game. You need to beat him down and dump ber. Cut your losses early.
 JustinCassidy
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2012 5:10:48 PM
He could just be a decent person. It happens on occasion.
 Fleuron
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/10/2012 5:13:13 PM
Yeah….I would imagine a player wouldn’t give away his moves, correct? Or he wouldn’t be getting much play.

What does it mean when a guy just wants to cuddle? It means she’s not letting him get any further. Tell her to try wrapping her arms and legs around him and see if he says, “No! I just wanted to cuddle!”

If your friend wants to know if he’s interested in her more than a friend, she could always try to find out the old fashioned way….by asking him.
 firewaggs
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2012 5:14:43 PM
I very much understand what you are saying......however if a man wanted a woman sexually, wouldn't he just make it known? I mean what guy would really want to work hard for his "dinner" when he could very well get it easy and quickly somewhere else? Plus they work together....would a smart man jeopardize the comfort level at his workplace just to sleep with her? They went out the other night with some friends and she cabbed it home....if he wanted something wouldn't he have made the attempt then? How I see things is that men like to test women and then place them into 2 categories. Number 1 being someone they can have sex with, number 2 being relationship material. She has made it very clear to him that he won't be getting sex from her, yet he still wants to watch movies and cuddle......
 totallycereal
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/10/2012 5:16:57 PM
There is nothing innocent about his intention. He knows she is taken. She should be off limits.
 JustinCassidy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2012 5:17:23 PM
He likes her. It seems that way at least. She should just ask or something.
 firewaggs
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2012 5:19:10 PM
She could very well be up front with him.....maybe ask him out on a date, however a lot of her male friends have said to refrain from that because if he was interested he would ask her out on a date. Men apparently like to be in control.....
 JustinCassidy
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2012 5:22:20 PM
I don't personally know the guy or your friends, but I can say that in some situations if I'm attracted to a certain girl or would like to date a girl sometimes I feel too intimidated or just unable to ask her out even though I want to. He could be a player that found a girl he actually wants to be with and can't get his mind on that and ask her himself. She can take the initiative.
 TempusFujis
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/10/2012 5:22:48 PM
Well she could be a challenge to him, some guys gets off on the chase, remember the old saying the chase is better than the catch, plus its a ego boost for the guy , he works with the woman she likes him trust me the co workers knows and he could feeding off it .
 Fleuron
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/10/2012 5:27:53 PM

She has made it very clear to him that he won't be getting sex from her, yet he still wants to watch movies and cuddle......

Okay, seriously……she needs to set up her boundaries with this guy, and stick to them. They work together and that’s no good, number one. Plus she has no intention of going further with him, put a stop to the movie watching/cuddling. That’s code for ‘gettin it on’… if not sooner, then later.

Jeez………now she wants to date him. I can’t even imagine spending time ‘cuddling’ with a guy and being completely clueless about his intentions.

Ever hear the expression, ‘Don’t shyt where you eat’? You may not want to get involved with a guy you work with, because when it all comes crashing down, you’ll have to get a new job….
 dnellx586
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/10/2012 5:28:35 PM
sigh what is this world coming to lmao. I'll cuddle anytime of the day and I am by far not gay. Sex isn't everything people. He might use to girls just leading the way toward sex,he might be shy etc.
 Primemover34
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2012 5:47:42 PM
He's shy. Can't close the deal. opposite of a player.
 excessivemayhem
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/10/2012 5:56:26 PM
hmn no. guys who cuddle? not always players. sometimes they're genuinely interested in the woman and are trying to show some intimacy, without the sex. i happen to know most women do desire intimacy in their relationships and hate it when a guy is so clueless so as to not offer it. cuddling? that's ONE of lots of different ways to offer intimacy without letti ng it go too far...
 SexyKG74
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2012 6:14:35 PM
Sounds like the guy is looking for a "steady sweaty."

Sounds like the girl is pulling a "no means yes" or "no means maybe" by cuddling with him, yet saying there isn't going to be any sex...

Sounds like they're a match made in heaven since they're likely BOTH playing games.
 BrockLee74
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/10/2012 6:28:15 PM
It is a progression: Cuddling leads to spooning. Spooning leads to forking.
 GreatGuyATX
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2012 6:39:39 PM

What does it mean when a guy just wants to cuddle? Is he interested in her then more then just a friend?

I can't speak directly for other guys - much less the players in the house - but, it means he wants to be close(er) to her - as in, CLOSER to her. Add to that - the guy gives off 'player' vibes to at least some of your friends.. Hello..

Player or not - they guy is more than likely - not just being a cuddle-buddy. Why not before? Waited for opportunity to move in.. biding his time.. didn't occur to him.. beats me.

Obligatory WHMS video clips:
http://youtu.be/aJz1f8hPRGc
& Part II
http://youtu.be/PuSyX2d1tbY
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/10/2012 6:55:19 PM

He could just be a decent person. It happens on occasion

HOw dare you suggest an abomination.

We should burn him at a stake!!

That's my answer too. He MAY be playingher; but "anyone" could be playing "anyone" right?
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/10/2012 7:27:20 PM
Isn't cuddling a form of foreplay?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does it mean when a guy friend just wants to cuddle?