Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > please give me some feedback      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 1
please give me some feedbackPage 1 of 1    
Hi. I've only been on a few days but have been disappointed. I got 4 emails from guys I turned down when I was here 3 or more years ago. 1 email from a guy I turned down on another site and the usual guys pretending to want a hrelationship when they really want sex lol. I am talking to one interesting guy
I'm tinking I need some help. Thanks.
 gcdeb
Msg: 2
view profile
History
please give me some feedback
Posted: 4/11/2012 12:06:20 AM
I don't understand why you feel the need to even mention that you've been on the site before, let alone repeat it several times.

I would change your tagline to something else.

I've was on this site on and off a few years ago and did meet some good guys, but I was just casually dating before. Now I'm looking for a relationship.
All of that can be deleted. You have already stated that you are looking for a relationship in the profile criteria.

Try to stay away from drama the best I can.
You've already said you are easy going. You don't need this bit (always best to just state what you want, not what you DON'T want).

I'm pretty spontaneous.
I don't really like generic statements like this. Can you expand on it eg "Once I packed up the car and headed off to .... just because I heard on the news that... was happening there"

My movie taste tends to be Scorsese #1. Not into Harry Potter or most science fiction. More character driven films.
Do you mean Scorsese is your #1 favourite? Just not sure what you mean by the way you've written that. You like 'character driven films'? Such as???

But also like comedies like. Super Bad & Pineapple Express come to.mind. Black comedies are my style.
There seems to be an over supply of '.'s in this section. It would be good for you to copy your profile into a Word program and tidy up the grammar and punctuation. It just helps to make it look as though you care about people's first impression of you.

I prefer men younger, even quite a bit younger than me. Don't let my age scare you. That's just who I get along best with. I may look boring & innocent in my pics just standing there, but i'm pretty fun.
I'm not sure you'll have much luck on an internet dating site attracting 30yo men, at least not for a relationship. I suspect if you leave these lines in your profile you will continue to be contacted by men looking primarily for sex. They will assume if you are looking for younger guys, sex is what you are looking for. Men closer to your age are maybe going to find it a bit offputting that you would date someone young enough to be your son.

And one last comment, you've only been back on here for a few days and you already have one man you are chatting with that is interesting to you? Well done. You are very lucky to have found even that so quickly.
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/11/2012 5:11:31 AM
I tweaked it a bit. Writing was always my worst school.subject. I cannot think of a good & vleverd opening line.
 GuitarandSand
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/11/2012 1:15:11 PM
"I am talking to one interesting guy" I don't understand. If your talking with a guy that has your interest then why do you feel the need to have your profile reviewed? Maybe you should see where it goes with the guy your talking to before you start talking with others. It's just my opinion but I don't feel it's fair to be talking with multiple people all at once. I mean it's fine if your only going to be friends but if there are other feelings involved then take the time to give it a shot.
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/14/2012 5:11:27 PM
I have changed my profile but all I still get is guys looking for sex. I was talking to one who's profile said looking looking for relationship but turns pit he wants a sex relationship too. Lol. Not one man acctually wants to talk and maybe meet and maybe then go on a date
Do guys here really want to go on dates?
 MaximumPower
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/14/2012 8:02:28 PM
Let's see. An attractive woman who likes Scorsese, Led Zeppelin, Tarantino, Foo Fighters and RHCP receives messages from guys looking for sex. Are you kidding me? Can you blame a guy?

Remove those interests entirely and insist on coffee for the first date.
 cajuncooker
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/14/2012 9:37:42 PM
well I think you need to talk less about the movies and more about you. Me personally I would not be impressed with someone who says they want to stay away from drama and talks about movies as much as you do. Talk about you and what you are looking for. For example:
Hi I am bill, I am fun loving easy going and down to earth. I am a hopless romantic that enjoys movies, walks on the beach at sunset and bbq's and bonfires or sharing dinner with close personal freinds. I love to laugh and I am looking for a woman who can make me laugh, but also be my best freind and pal and chum. ect
thats more interesting to me then you love films by what ever his name is ( I can say it not spell it lol) and as for emails well email me anytime I talk to all and I am not looking for sex at all, I am not even looking for a relationship just friends.
 cajuncooker
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/14/2012 9:43:27 PM
well i have been on plenty of fish for a while both in baton rouge and here in salem. I have dated a few but most are just freinds. Its not weather or not guys want to date or not its is there something interesting about you that they may find they like or is there some kind of attraction. Guys cannot speak for each other as to weather guys on here want to date or not, because that changes. Like I always loved to date, but now at this point in my life I am looking for freinds and freinds only. No casual dating, no serious dating, no longterm committed relationship, no marriage jsut friends. But in the past three years I have had almost nothing but bad expierences in dating.
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/22/2012 8:38:34 PM
Ok, I redid my profile. I need better lit pictures. I am not getting any mail now from new guys when I tweaked it before. Does it sound bettemeWhat I wrote is me.
 cajuncooker
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/24/2012 6:04:28 PM
much better :-) I treid to message you that but your in box would not let me and yes I like the new photo
 goldvelvetwoman
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/30/2012 9:41:31 AM
you have the right and privilledge ,- do what ever you want to do, it is your profile.

people can ask you to jump over the moon ,-or jump off a cliff, - but would you.

Set your own boundries,- make your own decisions, -you are a wise woman, you are a beautiful person.

Be strong as to who you are,- and what you want.

I am strong and determined to succeed, - and my profile shows that.
 firefly416
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2012 8:10:00 PM
I'm confused. I looked and it said you're not looking and only want to be in the forum. I would have said that when men see cleavage, they think of sex. Other than that, you're photos are too similar.

Firefly

P.S. I would have liked to read it, I pretty much only date younger men.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > please give me some feedback