Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alabama  > Is interracial dating dead in Alabama?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DiverseGent
Msg: 1
Is interracial dating dead in Alabama?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm looking for civilized answers. Preferably from white users but all replies are welcome. Can someone tell me why most white females refuse to date black men? I'm all about preference and if you are not attracted to someone then its perfectly fine with me. What bothers me is when I go to a white female's page and she clearly states at the end of her profile that she doesn't date African Americans/Black guys. I've noticed this to be infamously common as I generally date outside my race. I know there will be people that dont have a problem with it but I really want to hear from the people that have a problem with it. Parents do you encourage your kids not to date interracially? Parents what would you honestly say if you son or daughter brought an African American person home respectivly. Ladies, what concearns do you have about dating black men? I say concearns because its obviously a problem in the white communities. Im looking for straight foward honest answers people. Again please keep it civilized.

God Bless
 lovelikewinter
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is interracial dating dead in Alabama?
Posted: 4/11/2012 4:40:22 PM
No I see a ton of mixed couples. I have to admit it is with people who are 16-25ish. Mixed couples are everywhere and almost half of the kids I see are mixed. I live around Birmingham too.

Problem with interracial dating: from a "white girl" point of view, black guys in general don't have the best track record. There are the Chris Browns and other guys who beat, cheat, the thug and gangster wannabes and girls don't want a part of that. Yeah, most just aren't attracted to black guys to begin with. I have found about 2 guys that I go to school with attractive but they are oreos to the max.
 lucky2beme
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/11/2012 5:44:29 PM
interracial dating will never die for the simple fact that we are in the 21st century and we look for the quality in people as a human being not the color of their skin.even in a box of crayons you will see many different colors standing side by side
 jazgerk
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/15/2012 10:19:02 AM
Well "White girl" you have a misguided worldview when you make blanket statements about Black men & use Chris Brown as your proof. What about Tommy Lee who served 4 months in jail for kicking Pamela Anderson in the stomach while she was holding their baby in her arms? Or Mel Gibson who broke his girlfriends front teeth with his fist & threatened to kill her in a recorded phone conversation? Are you gonna hold most White men responsible for Gibson & Lee just as you are holding most Black men culpable for Chris Brown?

What about the White man who last week gunned down his wife & both of his 10 year old daughters outside Cleveland Ohio last week? Scott Peterson(killed wife Laci) or the countless cases of White men committing domestic abuse against White women highlighted on 24 hour cable news? Are most White men responsible? Most domestic abuse & stalking laws were put in place because of cases of White men violence against White women in this country. I guess White men have an exemplary domestic violence track record right?

I could care less who anyone dates, but the blanket view of an entire group because of the actions of a few is completely ridiculous. Something tells me you don't make the same blanket judgements with White men.
 DiverseGent
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/16/2012 7:12:23 PM
Its really sad to say, but I think many white females omit the white (murder, beating, stalking, molesting, and drug) crimes that white men commit and still somehow allow what is stereotypically perceived about black males to prevail. Is every race pure? No, but it is really a shame that parents will allow their daughters to bring home a guy with tats, piercings, and a "Im gonna f*%# your daughter" attitude just because he's the "right" color. So sad.. The only reason 2 races shouldn't mix is if the other doesn't have JESUS in his/her life...Again, so sad...
 lovelikewinter
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2012 8:22:17 PM
Thanks for taking what I said "black guy" who called me "white girl" from my observations of other people and just screwing it up right and left. No I do not believe there is less crime with white people or any other race. What I said was this is how it is generally viewed. Yes, it is a shame and yes I see many interracial coupled who have made it work. That was the question I answered.
 SeekingDaTruth
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/21/2012 8:16:29 AM
whats sad is that it only took 2 comments to confirm that we still can't discuss this issue in the deep south; even though interracial dating in the south is not uncommon. You hear the murmurs from both sides but who cares? But i must take issue with the "not attracted to black guys' comment. I have found in my 50 years that white women say one thing and do another behind the scenes. When i first started dating white women they wanted me to be their "secret". I was fine with that at first because who cares WHY you are getting it...right? LOL! White women LOVE black men and black men LOVE white women. I date them exclusively but i still get the "i dont date outside my race" comments but 100 emails later we are having lunch together. Old habits are hard to lose but we are getting to a point where old the truly old backwoods racist hold that opinion and who cares? Just my 2cents.
 jawanterrell2012
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/11/2012 5:05:11 PM
I saw you only have one life to live and don't get a second chance if you don't live this one to your potential. Let people think whatever they want to think. Don't limit yourself to white women in Alabama. Try to be successful in your life so that you can afford to go different places and maybe meet the right somebody.

Before you know it, you'll be 50 and wonder where the heck has your life gone. Once its gone, its gone. Just maximize your abilities and succeed at whatever you're good at, and you'll attract women of all races. Just my 2 cents.
 Miss_Bad_Apple
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/12/2012 6:56:32 PM
My, this post didn't generate much interest. Perhaps the more colorful replies have already been removed. The remaining ones are pretty droll.

Your post was rather nice, jawanterrell2012. I think it's hilarious when people project skin-deep expectations onto others, but can't figure out why equally shallow perceptions are applied to them.

Also, what really prompted me to reply: CONCERNS

*spelling Nazi out*
 FryTheDog
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/24/2012 4:13:52 AM
I moved here from California this year (dont ask why, long story) and I have noticed a HUGE difference in how people approach dating. Yes there are mixed couples everywhere, but I have noticed ALOT of women's profiles in Alabama do say "White men only" and actually seen one profile that repeated that about 10-15 times. I never saw that in California, ever.

Yeah people have the types they like to date sure. I get that, but you don't see my repeating in my profile "Redheads only" or "Large breasted women only". Although I like redhair and large breasts on a woman and can be considered my type, I don't put it on my profile because I would be called a pig for it.

Yeah its your type, but to make such a huge deal about it, to the point of coming off as rude or obnoxious...racist. Also since I've hardly ever seen profiles like this anywhere else I have lived, and suddenly upon moving to Alabama, a state with a long historical record of not being particularly friendly towards minorities, I can no longer count on my hands how many profiles are like this I have seen. There are many levels of racism, some worse than others, this being a lesser form of it since you aren't burning crosses or hanging anyone in a tree, but it's still racism.

So to answer the question in the title, no interracial dating isn't dead in Alabama, but neither is racial dating.
 nonameseemstobeavailable
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/24/2012 5:31:49 AM
I'm going to answer this best I know how and probably regrettably so. As a white man from the south I think I can give some good reasons and the mentality. First and this may be the biggest reason. In most circles it is not only frowned upon but the woman would actually be considered an outcast. I don't think it is racist at all. We all have a heritage and it is important to a lot of people to keep that heritage. Mixing races is changing that and it is greatly frowned upon. In fact most of us realize there is really a reason black men go after white women. It's a domination thing like a trophy of conquest. Of course there are exceptions as always but generally speaking. It’s the greatest slap in the face one could do to our southern daughters and is almost never going to be accepted. In fact it is probably THE worst offense that can be made on both parts. It's considered an insult to the tenth degree. Once the white female does this, she basically is removed from dating most white guys and will never be welcome back. Before the personal attacks begin let me just say that what I have said is fact, truth and reality. If you want to get into an argument about it being right or wrong I will not take part in it. I'm just giving you an honest truthful answer to your question. This is not meant to offend on my part. It is what it is.
 tuscaloosaman
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/2/2012 12:18:34 PM
Can't get past the smell that blacks give off...
 1apostolos13
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2012 6:58:01 PM
You said exactly what I was thinking. I feel better now.
 1apostolos13
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2012 7:24:20 PM
Heritage my eye. What are you preserving? God made man from "one blood"! The way God sees us is the way we should see each other. We are spirits first. Simple mindedness is what it is. Domination? Wow! How about love? Trophy? Let's try helpmate. "the greatest slap in the face one could do to our southern daughters", How about a slap in your face because of your insecurities and obvious inferiority complex. Very archaic!
 Red_5
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/19/2012 11:37:16 AM

Welcome to Alabama. Please set your clock back 30 years.

I'm mixed ethnicity, so my views are pretty scattered.

"Christians only" is offensive as "whites only" because my mother came from a southern Bible thumpin' family, where my dad comes from a drunk polygamous Persian family.

That said, I don't normally date non-whites out of personal preference.

My brother, who lives in the UK, is married to a French-Vietnamese girl.

I'm 0-2 in marriages to white Yankees which probably says that that demographic doesn't suit me...that or I should look for a gal with a comparable education and income potential.

Yeah, we're back-assward here. Unless it involves football or sweet tea...
 gazillions4u
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2012 7:52:33 PM
I was born & raised here. I live through the 1950's and 1960's and got a first hand look at the race riots and all that stuff. This is not even the same world as back then. I've met people of all races from all over and racism is just as rampant among black people as it is among white. While talking to a black woman (more than one of them) she told me that she would not date a white man. I've met others who do not distinguish a difference. In my opinion, what I run into is more a difference in culture than color of skin. One of my closest friends married a girl who had a black father. We went to school with her. NOBODY treated her any different and she was very popular in school through out the 1960's. Racism exists only when it is talked about. I wouldn't want my daughter going out with a gangsta regardless of what color he is. Same for my son, I am far more concerned about the positive aspects of the girls he dates than the color of her skin. If she is of decent moral character and can positively contribute to a family and the relationship and be a responsible person then I'm fine with it. I'm not very fond of my brother's wife and she's white.... has nothing to do with race.
 kbryantb
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/17/2013 12:04:58 PM
lets hope so ...i want all these white women down here for myself pal! i can't throw a rock without hitting a black chick...& that happens to be what you a black man isn't looking for ...thats kinda like going to a mcdonalds & wanting a taco.
 kbryantb
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/17/2013 12:05:30 PM
lets hope so ...i want all these white women down here for myself pal! i can't throw a rock without hitting a black chick...& that happens to be what you a black man isn't looking for ...thats kinda like going to a mcdonalds & wanting a taco.
 xcalbier
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2013 7:04:12 AM
wile its true many white women date black man 16-25 year old women its also true I RARELY see black women date white men
personally i find it all very frustrating the black women i see tend to treat there men better then whites do
i have been single for 6 years now and all the women i have meet that are single to are so afraid of being hert again they wont give a man a chance to get to know them. Thye talk about wanting a man to comit but cant comit them selfs
 beautifulrose30
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/4/2013 11:55:00 PM
total love with gazillions34u . said beautifuly said i agree with you
 Asus999
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/10/2013 9:06:49 PM
I live here in Cali, one of the more liberal states in the US and interracial dating is still quite a taboo subject here also. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard "my parents would freak if I bought a non white guy home". When I lived back home in the UK, I only dated white girls (my preference) and no one bashed an eyelid. Here in the US, it is very different.

But overall, here in the US, I do find guys more open to interracial dating, than women. Wonder why that is?
 differentcloth
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/20/2013 1:34:21 PM
I asked this same question about a month ago in which the response from ,majority, women much older than me. Their respnse was " your profile's creepy!" I found it funny how one woman gave an escape in which they were all able to use. Oh well, at least in this thread, one response was the truth and I have so much repect for that gentleman who posted it. it seems as alot may just be afraid of how they would be looked upon in which tends to be important for women. It was funny how the first female who responded sttempted to spin it in a manner which she thought would slide by under the radar. As one said........
"WELCOME TO THE SOUTH!!!"
 chrisknew
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/23/2013 9:54:32 AM
Well then I encourage all black men to come up to Canada.. puweeze... cause the black men are sought after here. Woman can't get enough of them...
 RollTideBrandi
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/9/2013 9:33:05 PM
I wish I could explain it, cause I am one of those 'white girls' who won't date outside their race, black, hispanic, doesn't matter. And it has nothing to do with the Chris Browns or all the illegal immigrant discussions in the government. Its just a preference I have had for years and I don't expect its ever gonna change. Yea my parents would flip out if I brought a black man to meet them as my boyfriend, but when you get older you care less about what others think and about what you truly want. For some reason I tend to attract black men, and I have no idea why that is. I got no problems being friends with them, the street I grew up on had the only 20 or so black people living in our town not a 1/4 mile behind us and I made and still have plenty of black friends. I imagine there are plenty of black men who won't date white women. I don't think its any different than why some single guys with no kids won't date single moms or vice versa, why some will not date people who have previously been married. Maybe it was a bad experience, maybe its just the way they were raised, I don't think there is a definitive answer other than it's just their own prerogative.
 Bamafootballfan14
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/12/2013 3:45:56 PM
I dont think its dead. I prefer to date outside of my race, its just my preference, but it is really hard sometimes to find women that are willing to here in Alabama. This is 2013 This should not be an issue anymore. And no, all of us black men are not Chris Brown wannabees, or thugs with our pants around thighs. Some of us are professional well-dressed men that know how to treat a woman.
Show ALL Forums  > Alabama  > Is interracial dating dead in Alabama?