Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > What do you think about Regina's crime rate?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lukasz1981
Msg: 1
What do you think about Regina's crime rate?Page 1 of 1    
I may or may not move to Regina and honestly the only thing that would lean me towards not wanting to move there is the crime rate. It is one of the highest in the country. Although it is pretty much localized from what I have seen, I still can't fathom it. Been reading a lot and lots of people say it isn't the best place but also lots of people say it is a great place.

I'm still on the fence on it until I go to an interview next Thursday and ask the guys from Regina themselves.

What do you think? Is Regina a good place to live?
 Ren-Girl
Msg: 2
What do you think about Regina's crime rate?
Posted: 4/12/2012 12:13:35 PM
I have lived in Regina my entire life, and it's not as bad as statistics would have people believe it to be. When you look at the overall crime rate, it seems rather high, but living here, I haven't had any serious crimes happen to me. Minor stuff, like my garage was broken into a few years ago, but that can happen even in small towns.

Most of the crime, as you stated, is localized to one neighbourhood, North Central. Otherwise, it's as safe as any other big city.
 lukasz1981
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/12/2012 2:10:20 PM
Thank you :). Yeah Core, Downtown, and North Central are the problematic areas. Breaks ins are also problematic in those areas and near shopping centres.

That eases my mind quite a bit since this company so far is the only one willing to give me an apprenticeship position so far.
 Ren-Girl
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/12/2012 4:54:29 PM
Glad I could help. Yeah, I wouldn't move to any of those areas, though I'm really not too far from the "Core", it's still better here than in the Core itself....much better. It just depends on what neighbourhood you live in....most are just fine, other than the ones you mentioned.
 Nowhereman50
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/10/2012 8:52:04 PM
I have never had an issue with anyone trying anything illegal on me and I walk/bike everywhere at all hours. The closest I've come to being mugged was a seemingly homeless man politely asked for my change.
 bettyboo706
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/4/2012 5:13:57 PM
I live right in the heart of downtown Regina, and have not found any problems here. I live alone, do a lot of walking. Thing is, attitude plays a major role, here, anywhere. You're going to get as good as you give. There is just as much vandalism, break ins, etc., in the so called " upper class" neighbourhoods, and not done by the ones from "the other side of the tracks". Safe is as safe does, and we do take our neighbourhood watch seriously, get to know our neighbours so we can all watch out for one another. It all helps out.
 oldie_but_hottie
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2013 12:56:02 PM
A crime rate does not necessarily reflect the amount of crime but also the attitude of people toward crime. For example, you can have a high crime rate in a low crime community that has a very low tolerance toward crime where people report every petty little thing. On the other hand, in a high crime community with high tolerance to crime people may not even bother to report violent crimes because they are so used to it. As with every statistic, you need a lot of context to interpret rates. Numbers never speak for themselves!

As for Regina - never noticed any crime here.
Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > What do you think about Regina's crime rate?