Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Short guys out of luck?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 andremcfly
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Short guys out of luck?Page 1 of 1    
Is being short for guys the equivalent of being fat for women? Sorry for being very blunt and I hope I don't offend anyone but usually when you sugar coat anything it doesn't come across the way you want it.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 2
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 6:26:02 PM
Yes. You are and it is.

Says the fat girl.
 mrmisterme
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 6:28:21 PM

Is being short for guys the equivalent of being fat for women? Sorry for being very blunt and I hope I don't offend anyone but usually when you sugar coat anything it doesn't come across the way you want it.

Sorry, but it's even worse for you. They can always lose some weight; you can't gain what you never had.
 jackiejc
Msg: 4
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 6:31:38 PM
I just got out of a relationship with a guy 5 ft 6 I had no problem with it !
 torontogirl10
Msg: 5
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 6:39:10 PM
yup, I'm short but would never date a short guy
 theforumfiend
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 6:44:54 PM
Ah, if you think short is bad try being old and fat.

GoalDriven84
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 6:46:54 PM
I'm the same height as you. 5 foot 7 really isn't all that short. I know while you feel that way on pof though. The reality is, the women on pof have way unrealistic expecations, to the point that if you truely want a date off of it you have to date down.

Quality women aren't really on pof anyway. If you do a search on it, you see that well over 80% of them are overweght, fail at grooming, or both. Another 19% want more out of a guy then they have to offer, are fake profiles, or are just plane crazy. The remaining 1% is actually ending up with a decent guy before we get a chance to ask them out.

Bottom line is, if you want to date your equal get off the internet, and show up in public. Harder said then done sometimes, I know.
 andremcfly
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 7:33:15 PM
Thanks dude I needed that and you're right.
 PutYouOnBlast
Msg: 9
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 7:44:14 PM
I guess you have an equal share of men and women who are insane, but that is half, compared to the guys who take the prize for posting things in their profiles that do not mean anything that they actually believe themselves, repeat one word a million times and expect to get tapped with messages from everyone they email, and the ones who obsess over nothing.
 GoalDriven84
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 8:06:16 PM
I'm assuming you are writing about me, considering i repeated "positive" on my profile quite a few times and nothing else. Kind of interesting fact is that my profile is actually hidden at the moment, and I'm currently not sending out messages. Its almost like I know their is no substance in it at the moment. Instead of keeping what I had before I deleted, then decided I didn't want to write that day, or this day, or any other day.

In any event, you are totally right. I must be insane. I mean, logically speaking I should buy a pickup truck so that I can haul the women around on dates, that send me unsolicated messages on here. I mean they must totally be in my league since they are writing me. And those 19 year old highschool drop outs with 3 kids, like INSTANT FAMILY OMG... So totally my type.
 PossibleSarcasm
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 8:42:52 PM
Online I would say yes, however online dating has always been a numbers game. I imagine young single parents have a rough time as well. Were allowed to be picky online and most take advantage of it. Just understand that a 6' meat head will receive way more reply's and dates than a nice good looking short guy. In the end if you try 100 times and failed 99, than did you really fail.
 grove_22
Msg: 12
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 9:39:58 PM
On dating sites, being short is a dealbreaker for many women.
 114M3
Msg: 13
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 10:25:42 PM
5'7" isn't the end of the world. Isn't Tom Cruise 5'7"? Not all women prefer super tall guys. This may seem hard to believe but since I am not that tall myself I feel that guys who are over 6'0" are actually too tall for my taste! .... As long as you are not shorter than me then it's all good.
 ITWYLD
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 10:32:00 PM
OP>>>>>>

YES, being short is going to cause you issues in EVERY area of dating, but my biggest question is.....Are you hoping to land a white girl???? The possibility of that happening where you live is VERY remote.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 15
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 10:32:30 PM
Short guys are not necessarily OUT of luck, but they do have a tougher time, since the old saying goes "TALL, dark, and handsome", not "short, dark, and handsome."

5'7" isn't the end of the world. Isn't Tom Cruise 5'7"?

OK, Tom Cruise is a rich, famous, AND handsome movie star. He's not a good example. (wink)
 Bodypr08
Msg: 16
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 11:16:04 PM
Some guys put so much faith in being tall as a way to get women that they incorporate it into their user names. I can't name them of course but one guy is still rotting on this site years later.
I just came out of a three year relationship with a woman I met on this site. Before that I had another short lived relationship. I was on a 126 favorites lists when they still showed them. Or don't believe me. Either way.
I have had some awful dry spells in my life but I seriously doubt that it was due to my short stature.
I'm an ex fighter and when I go down to the boxing gym I see a fair number of little guys. Naturally. They're motivated. They don't seem to lack for women. If height is all you got then no wonder your stalking short guy threads and crowing about your supposed advantage.
I just got back on here three or four days ago and it's the same trolls spouting off as before. The EXACT same guys.
 brad29483
Msg: 17
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 11:47:14 PM
I just left a party earlier, where a dude prolly about 5'7 or so left with a hottie 5'11, height only matters if YOU think it does.
 Bodypr08
Msg: 18
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 11:51:25 PM
Being tall is definitely an advantage in the work place, particularly public type jobs. I worked at State Line in Vegas, I worked all three Primm properties and I never saw a short floorman. Not once. Boxman, maybe. Because they are sitting down anyway. They tried me for box (this is on a dice game) and they decided not to use me, not because of my height but because of my temperament. I was sharp. I knew the game...
Floormen don't do much anyway. Stand around, try to look important, whatever...
If you can't deal you're headed for management.
Being tall can help you with women. Having money. Intangibles. Whatever. I agree with that one guy. Being short will hurt you more on line. Actually just breathing air will hurt you more on line. But this is good distraction right now. For me. Love hurts. Wahhhh.
 Bodypr08
Msg: 19
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/12/2012 11:54:13 PM
No edit button anymore. I need a like button. I want to like what the guy above me said. I swore I'd stay out of these forums but I'm bored and heartsick so--I was just lying, that's all.

Now it shows up? The edit.
 ITWYLD
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/13/2012 12:32:11 AM
^^^^^^^

Never lose hope Bodypro......my EX husband is 5'3".............the only time his height ever mattered to me was when I caught him having an online affair with 3 other hotties.

Note to short man...*If You luck out and hook a hottie in real life, DON"T go fishing for anything better* ;)

Bodypr08
Msg: 21
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/13/2012 1:49:39 AM
You wouldn't believe it but there are a fair number of women under 5'4". Not that it matters. If they like tall men, then that's it. Some of my GF's were taller. It didn't really matter to me. Or them I guess. But the deal is, my height is the least of it. And I tell this to women up front. I got a book I wrote that's published. I can't spam it here but I tell prospects to go to the stories /creative writing forum. I got two: Breaking in on dice, and Something on my mind. "Read that and see if we got anything to talk about." I'm being fair, I'm being honest. A lot more honest than a lot of people on this site.
 rockzo
Msg: 22
Short guys out of luck?
Posted: 4/13/2012 1:52:56 AM
Confidence bro. It doesn't matter how tall or short you are. And 5'7 is short but its not like SHORT. I think what it may stem from is being intimidated by a taller girl (It happens I'm 6ft and I dated a tall blonde once who was around 6'1-6'2 and it was intimidating as hell!) Anyway if this is an issue with you 5'7 is a pretty average height and you will find plenty of girls on POF that are as tall or shorter then you.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Short guys out of luck?