Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > if someone "views" your profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mercury_rising
Msg: 1
if someone "views" your profilePage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
i have a lot of people view my profile but none of which ever initiate contact. of the ones i initiate contact (nice, thoughtful emails, related to the profile, etc etc) no one ever writes back anyhow - so i just presume that ideally, there's not anything of interest i'm offering to folks - tis ok, it happens.

question is, if someone views your profile does that mean they're too shy to initiate email but are hoping you'll email them. i tend to think that if someone views my profile but doesn't write - that pretty much says they're not interested because it takes little to no investment to write someone to say hello. there have been folks who have viewed my profile who i then wrote - to ... no response .. so i think that pretty much settles the issue for me but figured i'd throw it out there for opinions from general popluation.

thanks
 abelian
Msg: 2
if someone views your profile
Posted: 4/16/2012 2:09:04 PM
It means the person viewed your profile. It's not like anyone who isn't browsing profiles in ``stealth mode'' has the option to decide after viewing your profile if he/she wants to let you know of the visit.
i tend to think that if someone views my profile but doesn't write - that pretty much says they're not interested because it takes little to no investment to write someone to say hello.

If you were a woman and you were talking about guys, your argument might have some merit. But women aren't exactly known for leaping to take the initiative when it comes to dating. You're better of writing someoe who just viewed your profile because that person is online and you can easily get a conversation rolling if she replies quickly. You're a guy, so get used to having to initiate and deal with rejection.
 _Kites_
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/16/2012 2:09:32 PM
As a guy - I think that if somebody adds you to their *favorites* list, it's an initiation in hopes that you'll email them. Viewing is simply viewing and isn't any kind of initiation at all.

I had a woman email me once to say that, "Well, you viewed my profile, but you didn't email me, so that must mean that you're not interested?"

I figure there are a lot of women out there that feel the same way. Vice-versa, as a guy, I don't expect an email after a view or interpret no email as non-interest.. so I might email if I'm interested.
 *november babee*
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2012 2:27:15 PM
i had a look at your profile so i could get a better view of that cute puppy dog on your shoulder....
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2012 2:46:10 PM

i had a look at your profile so i could get a better view of that cute puppy dog on your shoulder....

LOL...I did the same thing! Maybe others are doing this as well and that's why you're getting lots of traffic on your profile but no messages, OP? Just a thought.
 mercury_rising
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:07:31 PM
the picture w/my dog is relatively new (last week or so). i was getting views both before .. and after, i haven't paid any attention to whether the views are more or less though. anyhow, i didn't mean to give the impression that i'm getting lots of traffic (as if) - i really don't know how to quantify "lots". so putting aside the # of views - the question would be pretty much "do people view one's profile in the hopes that the "viewed" will write back, due to the "viewer" being too shy to initiate contact?"

i didn't nor do i necessarily believe that to be the case - and w/replies from others on this thread - that pretty much substantiates my thoughts, that just because someone viewed a profile - doesn't in any way infer "interest" or "hope of being emailed by that person" - so that pretty much lays that question to rest.

thanks to everyone who posted and shared their insight.
 Landra2
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:11:48 PM
I viewed *november babee*'s so I could see what's on her head, and also jerseygirl2008 because it looks like she's holding food.
 zookie57
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:27:16 PM
babee*'s so I could see what's on her head, and also jerseygirl2008 because it looks like she's holding food.

lol like most who been here for quite awhile,it's all about the props,shzts & giggles& not about much more till the miracle happens for them as of yet! lol

So don't worry dude cuz they are in the same boat, yet most don't realize its already sunk like the Titanic....lol

So for now,enjoy the peanut gallery, till u decide to move on in whats real & what stuck on hold!............lol
 zeek655
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:36:19 PM
I don't put much weight on the viewed me. I would only count the ones that actually respond or talk to you. As the others have said, sometimes it is just to see a closer look of what is in the picture. It may not be you, but your background.
 TooShadows
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2012 4:20:24 PM
It doesn't mean anything other than they wanted to view your profile,for some reason. I get a lot of views,probably because people can't quite figure out what I'm up to in my profile picture.
 shantar
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/16/2012 4:27:41 PM
I would view your profile to see a bigger pic of you cuddling with your doggie
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2012 4:41:49 PM
Your dog really is adorable OP. It looks alot like my dog. Mine is a Bichon Frise. I'm not sure why you're not getting any replies or mail. You're not a bad looking guy, you love animals, you have a sense of humor that doesnt come across as mean spirited, so from what I can see you should be getting some replies. Are the women you are mailing looking for the same things as you? For example, your profile says you are looking to date, but nothing serious. To alot of women, that means you want the benefits of dating a woman..i.e sex, without any commitment. Sure, there are some women looking for the same thing, but if you're mailing women looking for serious relationships, they' probably see you aren't interested in what they are interested in and they move on. Don't get me wrong, its better to be honest and say what you're looking for than to lie in order to get responses. But you just want to make sure you're contacting the ones most likely to be interested and any one looking for long term or serious commitment is less likely to respond to someone who has "looking to date, but nothing serious" on their profile. So make sure you read the woman's profiles before you write.

As far as why women view your profile. Could be a million reasons doesnt always mean they are interested. Maybe you reminded them of their ex in your thumbnail picture , so the clicked on your profile to see if you really were them. They might have liked your opening picture, but then not liked some of the other pics. Maybe they liked the dog. Maybe they were interested but read something in your profile that made them realize you weren't a match. Maybe they were clicking on everyone's profile that lives in their area of the country. Profile views really mean nothing

But hang in their OP, I've seen guys alot worse off then you get dates, so its only a matter of time until you hook a fishy. Good luck to ya...and give your dog a hug from me. :-)
 mercury_rising
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/16/2012 7:14:20 PM
Hey Goldin,

thanks for your insight.

my doggie is a bichon frise mix --- and don't worry, she gets hugged ... all ... the ... time! :D
 chinadol6977
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2012 8:41:00 PM
I don't pay much attention to it,if they don't have the nerve to leave a message..We wouldn't have much in common anyway..
 spot4username
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2012 8:53:12 PM

LOL...I did the same thing! Maybe others are doing this as well and that's why you're getting lots of traffic on your profile but no messages, OP? Just a thought.

Yup. This. And I don't even like dogs.
 sexandthepof
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/16/2012 9:38:21 PM
I got lots of people viewed me and sent me messages probably because of my nickname. lol
 RushLuv
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/16/2012 10:29:01 PM
question is, if someone views your profile does that mean they're too shy to initiate email but are hoping you'll email them.

Not always the case, but it is in some cases. I've gotten emails from men admitting they have viewed my profile several times.

I also recall a time when I had viewed a guys profile, and was hoping he'd shoot an email my way. He did.

November wrote:

Jersey wrote:

LOL...I did the same thing! Maybe others are doing this as well and that's why you're getting lots of traffic on your profile

but no messages, OP? Just a thought.

Yup. I think they could at least show him some puppy love though.

friendlygirl63
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/17/2012 4:37:31 AM
I did that also I view many profile and have some I feel interested in them but feel shy what will start write to them..lol..
 a_Libra_rising
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/17/2012 4:49:21 AM
i think people who view profiles but don't message are just looking. it's sort of like window shopping. you look at the item you may like (even a little bit), but you don't ask about the price because you never had an intentions of buying. that's pretty much how i see it.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2012 7:04:03 AM
Looking & not initiating contact in my book means thanks but no thanks. Some look & wait for the guy to contact her, but to me that's like going to a dance & not dancing, because she's waiting to be asked. I think that percentage is so small though & probably why you had no luck when contacting them.
 Orgulloso
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/17/2012 7:20:25 AM
OP,

I have to side with "Abe", we should initiate contact with those we're attracted to. For example, I'll message someone who's viewed me but not messaged. Sometimes we start a dialog and other's not.

As for the "types" of photos, it's run the gamut for me. The bunny ears photo gets kudos as well as criticism. The photo of my standing up in front of the corner hutch and my ancient steam radiator has gotten some razzes as well. I've taken down some photos, trying to keep them as recent as possible.

No-no's are pics with your children, with your friends, fuzzy pics, OLD pics,...well you get the gist.

It's an imperfect science brother - hang in there.

G
 Infinity_G
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/17/2012 7:46:15 AM
If they viewed my profile, and I see their profile ,r ead it, and I like them I'll start off with:

"Hey, I noticed you viewed my profile, and read yours so figured I'd send you a note....." and lead off with that. :)
 cooldog65
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2012 7:59:59 AM
I click on a thumbnail if I see cleavage and she looks hot.
 DreamieDreamer
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/17/2012 8:01:23 AM

As a guy - I think that if somebody adds you to their *favorites* list, it's an initiation in hopes that you'll email them. Viewing is simply viewing and isn't any kind of initiation at all.

I had a woman email me once to say that, "Well, you viewed my profile, but you didn't email me, so that must mean that you're not interested?"

I figure there are a lot of women out there that feel the same way. Vice-versa, as a guy, I don't expect an email after a view or interpret no email as non-interest.. so I might email if I'm interested.

This is true for me that's for sure.

I realized that the "Meet Me" feature was useless and I moved to utilize the Favorites. When a profile sparks my interest and I think I might fit in what they are looking for, I will add them to my favorites. There they will stay for a week or two, I mean you can't tell me you guys don't know we put you there, you get an e-mail about it and can view it yourself. Then if I don't get noticed or messaged, I remove and move on, figuring there just wasn't a common interest.

What gets me is when a guy will add you to his favorites and view your profile AND check "yes" to the meet me, but will NEVER initiate contact. Blows my mind.

Now before today, I could say say I never initiated a first contact, but after curiosity got the best of me, I finally jumped out of my life boat and asked to be rescued. I am very happy I did and it has been worth the bit of sweat and anticipation.

Moral.... If a Woman is interested ENOUGH, she will eventually take a deep breath and hope for the best, but there are no guarantees. Usually in life, when you hit snooze you snooze your chance away. :o)

Best Wishes!
 trh1268
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2012 8:07:01 AM
If a female views me, i look at her profile to see if she lives a half hour away, if she does, i will e-mail her.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > if someone "views" your profile