Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I'm getting frustrated.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jabo1017
Msg: 1
I'm getting frustrated.....Page 1 of 1    
Alright guys... I had my profile reviewed here a lil bit ago... got some solid feedback... I'm still not getting responses and it's absolutely baffling me... I don't know what's going on here.... here's a sample profile I read... and the message I sent accordingly.... am I missing something?

Hey how are you? I like the profile, it's refreshing to see someone focused on work
here. So social work huh? Do you work primarily with youth? or who exactly?

Sample Profile...

Little tid bit about me,

I grew up here in XXXXX, have an amazing family which i am really close to, went to school up north and really LOVE what i do. I enjoy dancing its a passion of mine along with traveling and being outdoors. I love making people laugh and to feel good about themselves. I work crazy hours...I go home worrying about my clients...but I LOVE my job, I need someone who can handle me and my career, I would love to date and become best friends, laugh, travel, grow together, live life as a twosome and then add to that with kids one day. I would consider myself a city girl, although i do love boating, fishing , camping, sports, I love animals, have a little pup of my own, enjoy dressing up, smelling good and enjoying life.

Contact me and we can get to know one another :)

Something I feel I need to make clear, no I will not
Give you my number after saying hi, no I will not meet you after saying what's up, so if your interested in getting to know one another and not rushing, go for
It :) email me!

PS.. it says her occupation is Social worker..
 ShamyrL
Msg: 2
I'm getting frustrated.....
Posted: 4/17/2012 6:03:00 AM
You actually have a good profile but I would suggest deleting all the group pics though or cropping the other people out because it takes attention off of you. You're already competing with other guys on here any way so you don't need more distractions. Make the third picture your main pic also. As for the written I would say its good. You can check my profile out for ideas. I started when you did and already have had some success. Are women at least contacting you first?
 jabo1017
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/17/2012 6:19:47 AM
I appreciate the feedback man... and ya I've had girls contact me, nothing of interest yet... but I'll give it some time... It's just been frustrating as I've sent out about 10 similar emails... I read the profiles... pay attention to them... and send back a somewhat thought provoking first email... and get nothing... confused..
 lovelyladyonsite
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/17/2012 7:17:50 AM
I would not start out with the word Hey. It is a turn off just like What's Up as she has mentioned in the sample of her writing that you have provided. I would not have asked her about her clients. She is a social worker and they are not allowed to discuss this. Plus that is too personal of a question to a stranger. I would have focused on other parts of her profile. She says dancing is a passion of hers. I would of asked her what type of dancing she likes. (you don't know if she is talking about club dancing or zumba dancing or ballroom dancing. If you dance you should mention you also enjoy dancing. It says she likes making people laugh so she probable likes to laugh herself. If you had a funny little antidote about dancing maybe, something that happened, it would be a plus. Women dissect every word you write, it's just the way we are.
 fall-blossom
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/17/2012 7:42:50 AM

I appreciate the feedback man... and ya I've had girls contact me, nothing of interest yet... but I'll give it some time... It's just been frustrating as I've sent out about 10 similar emails... I read the profiles... pay attention to them... and send back a somewhat thought provoking first email... and get nothing... confused..

So many people complain about this and admit it is frustrating. It's called 'attraction mismatch'.
 trh1268
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2012 8:17:00 AM
What's more frustrated is if two people have alot in common, you would think it would be a match? NADA! It comes down to woman judging men by attraction and profession instead of what's inside his heart.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I'm getting frustrated.....