Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What in makes a guy come off as a player?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sersa1e
Msg: 1
What in makes a guy come off as a player?Page 1 of 1    
Without ever speaking to a guy, is there something about the way a guy looks or conducts himself that makes you think of him as a player? Or something they say in their profile? For some reason lots of girls both in real life and online seem to insinuate that about me, even though they are the ones to send the first message (and i'm the total opposite). What is it that a guy can do not to give the wrong impression?
 7thour
Msg: 2
What in makes a guy come off as a player?
Posted: 4/24/2012 5:24:01 PM
I don't see anything in your profile that would suggest you are a player.

In real life, confidence can come across as arrogance. Just be mindful and smile when girls talk to you. That breaks through allot of barriers.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/24/2012 5:26:38 PM
OP are you asking the girls how to come off as a nice guy when really you are a player or are you advertising that you are a nice guy that other women will think is a bad boy and hence you look like a good catch. Either way this seems about you trying to get more dates through the forums.

Really? He looks so sweet in his other pics

Yes he has that innocent little boy look in his third pic.
Posted: 4/24/2012 5:29:52 PM
it's a compliment. they're telling you you're appealing enough to have plenty of opportunities to 'play.'

oftentimes saying this is a fishing expedition too.
 Little Miss Perfect
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2012 5:31:41 PM
If a guy has a picture on his profile with another girl, I wouldn't even give him the time of day.
 sainbain
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2012 5:44:16 PM
Honestly? Yes, if someone asked me to describe the physical appearance of a stereotypical player, it would pretty much be you. You are both very attractive in a male-model-esque way and you seem to be quite fashionable. Plus, you have that cocky, knowing smile. It all comes together to make you look like Mr. Smooth.

As far as what you can do about it, I'm not too sure. I'm also not convinced that it is a net negative for you. After all, many women tend to be instantly drawn to "player" types but avoid them because they aren't worth the drama. With the physical appearance of a player but the emotional health of a decent guy, I would think you'd be the total package.
 gcdeb
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2012 5:50:41 PM

Honestly? Yes, if someone asked me to describe the physical appearance of a stereotypical player, it would pretty much be you. You are both very attractive in a male-model-esque way and you seem to be quite fashionable. Plus, you have that****, knowing smile. It all comes together to make you look like Mr. Smooth.
Wow. Really? He looks so sweet in his other pics.
 _sighnomore_
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/24/2012 5:56:27 PM
gee, lets think...maybe NOT BE A PLAYER....thats about the ony way.

Sounds like enquiry from a player who wants to learn how to hide it. Otherwise, why would u care if people misjudge you? Actions speak louder than words.
 curvesweetblonde99
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/24/2012 6:05:26 PM
For me, I get the sense a guy is a player when he starts laying the compliments on way too thick way too early. When he's too**** and full of himself. When he seems to have some sort of ulterior motive behind every comment and gesture.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2012 6:06:58 PM
Yeah, christ has a valid point in that women telling you this are probably telling you that they think you are cute and trying to see if you slip up. If you aren't a player just keep being yourself. If you're a player I ain't giving you any advice (snicker).
 onlydateIF
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/24/2012 6:07:59 PM
Well OP, players know who and how they are.Of course, some women see pretty clearly. If you're not one and you know it, you'll be fine... Carry on....
 Xavier_111
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/24/2012 6:09:02 PM
gee, lets think...maybe NOT BE A PLAYER....thats about the ony way.

Sounds like enquiry from a player who wants to learn how to hide it. Otherwise, why would u care if people misjudge you? Actions speak louder than words.

Every post I ever see from you is cold, negative and unnecessarily unpleasent.
The reason as to why you're on this site is more apparent than anyone else.
Little non-profile tip for you.. Try and defrost your vagina for atleast 10 minutes a day.
 _sighnomore_
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/24/2012 6:44:02 PM

Every post I ever see from you is cold, negative and unnecessarily unpleasent.
The reason as to why you're on this site is more apparent than anyone else.
Little non-profile tip for you.. Try and defrost your vagina for atleast 10 minutes a day.

wow, sucks to be you. Its so obvious when people cant handle the truth. Too bad theres nothing you can do but whine like a little baby!! haha

If you dont like my opinion. SUE ME. oh yea, you cant! hahaha

defrost my vagina? Never heard that one before....

Get a life and stop obsessing over me.
 navyforu
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/24/2012 6:54:04 PM
im bored and feel like making a comment lol, no one is obsessing over you or ever will~, the op had a harmless question and you lashed at it. Continue dwelling in that cold dark place you reside in forever alone.
 _sighnomore_
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/24/2012 6:56:38 PM

im bored and feel like making a comment lol, no one is obsessing over you or ever will~, the op had a harmless question and you lashed at it. Continue dwelling in that cold dark place you reside in forever alone.

and you keep hanging out in the "ask a girl" forum and making yourself feel like a man. LMAO!

P.S. (I heard pirate patches can help with cross eyes)
 ThreadMasterB
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/24/2012 7:01:56 PM

If a guy has a picture on his profile with another girl, I wouldn't even give him the time of day.

So that's a deal breaker for ya? Do you expect someone you're dating not to have any friends of the opposite sex, or are you just that catty?
 Little Miss Perfect
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2012 7:19:10 PM

So that's a deal breaker for ya? Do you expect someone you're dating not to have any friends of the opposite sex, or are you just that catty?

I'm fine with them having friends of the opposite sex, however it doesn't paint them in a positive light. I'm here to meet them not their friends. That goes for pictures of them with their guy friends as well. I feel that they should be the only one in their profile pictures.
 part deux
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2012 7:22:15 PM
You know, OP, as I have grown older, I have realised that most people's comments stem more from their own insecurities, or fears, rather than from anything I'm doing. So it's not that you come across as a player, it is more the other persons fear speaking.
In other words, dont take it personally :)
 _sighnomore_
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/24/2012 7:28:36 PM

I'm fine with them having friends of the opposite sex, however it doesn't paint them in a positive light. I'm here to meet them not their friends. That goes for pictures of them with their guy friends as well. I feel that they should be the only one in their profile pictures.

I agree. I always see guys on here with pictures of really attractive women, and Im wondering...who do they think wants to compete with that? If they are in fact their friends (which I doubt) and not some random woman they asked to take a photo with, theyre without a doubt attracted to them. So who wants to be the woman theyre with only because they cant be with who they clearly want to be with which is the woman in the photo. Would you bring sand to the beach? No. So whats the need to post pics with females, it doesnt make sense.

None of my male friends are so important to me that I would post a photo with them and let it c*ck block me.

It gives off the player vibe for sure.
 aussieblues
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2012 8:18:43 PM
@sighnomore..."Validate me??" Says it all...liking your attention fix?
 _sighnomore_
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/24/2012 8:46:04 PM

liking your attention fix?

why yes, thank you.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What in makes a guy come off as a player?