Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > frustrated..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 c_baby0880
Msg: 1
frustrated..Page 1 of 1    
Idk what i do wrong or what it is but guys will act like there interested in me when we hangout, but then i wont hear from them.. whats wrong with me?

sunday i hung out with this guy, for the tirst time. and i really felt something for him, i cant explain. before he picked me up his friend told me he was all excited about it. well sunday around 5 he picked me up. We hung out at his house and his sis friend and roomate was there. we mostly watched tv or they would play darts. He was really respectable bc he knows i dont smoke, an when he would, he'd go outside or not around me an spray stuff so it wouldnt stink. when we went to bed we watched a movie, and he would scratch my back or somethin an i rubbed his side or stomach, an he would kinda smile which was cute, bc it tickled him an gave em goosebumps, but he said he kinda liked it. an he kept moving the hair out of my face. an eventually we kissed. but it was nice. he ended up callin in to work that morning so we hung out again all day. pretty much did the same thing an i met his lil bro. an we istened to alot of music. An when ever he was across the room from me or something he would look at me an jus give me this cute smile. anyways i got my daughtr back that night so he took me home around 8-9. He said maybe next weekend we can go to the river or something, an actually do something. an i told him to txt me. I havnt heard from him since he dropped me off monday night. he works 3-1130 evry day.

anyways its bothering me he hasnt texted me or anything. bc i dont think he is interested, but he acted like he was. or if im jus worrying to much about it. How long do guys wait when there interested in someone to get a hold of them. its been a day i know thats not long but still. and no im not jus waiting by the phone for him to!
 _sighnomore_
Msg: 2
frustrated..
Posted: 4/24/2012 7:56:17 PM
so what youre saying is, you have a daughter and this man got you in his bed the first night and youre wondering why he didnt contact you again???
 jennink26
Msg: 3
frustrated..
Posted: 4/24/2012 7:56:41 PM
Why did you two hang out that long? Did you know each other through friends or did you email each other online? Did you sleep with him- meaning have sex?
 c_baby0880
Msg: 4
frustrated..
Posted: 4/24/2012 7:57:10 PM
no? we didnt do anything...
 c_baby0880
Msg: 5
frustrated..
Posted: 4/24/2012 7:57:44 PM
no the most we did was kiss
 jennink26
Msg: 6
frustrated..
Posted: 4/24/2012 7:59:27 PM
Have you tried texting or calling him?
 _sighnomore_
Msg: 7
frustrated..
Posted: 4/24/2012 7:59:30 PM
Usually when a guy invites you to his home rather than treating you to an actual "date" means hes only looking for one thing. Weather he gets it or not is not relevant he invited you to his home in his bd the first night and didnt even treat you to anything. I think its pretty clear what his intentions are.
 GreatGuyATX
Msg: 8
view profile
History
frustrated..
Posted: 4/24/2012 8:18:59 PM
So - you haven't heard from him in roughly 24 hours...? He worked today (maybe still is, depending on time-zone) and you're worried he isn't interested? I think it'd be best to relax.. (breath in..... ..... .... and out..... repeat 10 more times..) =)

Give it a chance.
 unclezeus
Msg: 9
frustrated..
Posted: 4/24/2012 8:27:52 PM

Idk what i do wrong or what it is but guys will act like there interested in me when we hangout, but then i wont hear from them..
...That's the way it happens sometimes.

whats wrong with me?
....No idea.

bc it tickled him an gave em goosebumps,
...No, it gave him a boner, and apparently you didn't rub what he want you to rub. Maybe you did.

How long do guys wait when there interested in someone to get a hold of them.
...You would hear from him the next day.

What you need to ask yourself: Is this the best I can attract?

Maybe you can do better.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 10
view profile
History
frustrated..
Posted: 4/24/2012 8:37:53 PM
so you're cheating on that other guy you like so much, the guy with the gun. shame on you.
 BlaineV
Msg: 11
view profile
History
frustrated..
Posted: 4/24/2012 8:52:17 PM
24 hours is seriously not that big a deal. If you're this worried, pick up the phone and call him. Just don't make any assumptions about his behaviour.
 JP1111
Msg: 12
view profile
History
frustrated..
Posted: 4/24/2012 8:57:59 PM

How long do guys wait when there interested in someone to get a hold of them

It could be that HE is also waiting for your call. With you not calling him, you sure are giving him an odd message so, just call him.
 surfaceofficer
Msg: 13
frustrated..
Posted: 4/24/2012 10:28:31 PM
What is with women always waiting on men to call? He probably thinks that YOUR not interested.

Good men and good women actually think very much along the same lines...so neither of you want to seem pushy or too eager. But unless he's online on the "ask women" forum singing this same song...it probably just hasn't crossed his mind yet. Men are sometimes thicker than women believe.

Call him.

And if it doesn't pan out...consider not having first dates at men's houses anymore. That could've gone a lot worse. Your entirely too old and burdened with responsibility to deal with men who won't bother to "court" you.

And that special thing you felt for him...is likely arousal; not the best medium with which to make an informed decision when a child is in the picture.
 WiseBurro
Msg: 14
frustrated..
Posted: 4/24/2012 10:29:11 PM
He will wait 3 days to contact you. That is the rule. If he does so sooner, you must immediately brand him as "needy" and ignore him.
-Dating Codebook section 2; appendix c
 surfaceofficer
Msg: 15
frustrated..
Posted: 4/24/2012 10:43:05 PM
^^^ in that case, I suspect getting in bed with him may have been a taboo of sorts too.
 cautiousluv
Msg: 16
view profile
History
frustrated..
Posted: 4/24/2012 11:08:34 PM
I feel like if he was really in to you he would have sent you a "good night......glad I met you" sorta text that SAME night.....I could be wrong.....but that's just my opinion?
 Boyshavefeelingstoo
Msg: 17
frustrated..
Posted: 4/25/2012 1:58:38 AM

so you're cheating on that other guy you like so much, the guy with the gun. shame on you.

hahaha I remember THAT guy!
 Nerfmagnet1
Msg: 18
frustrated..
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:32:52 AM

I remember that post! She liked the guy then spent the duration of the party on the guy's friend's lap then was confused as to why the guy she liked got upset about it. Then he ended up flashing said gun and got arrested on the warrants he had.

I'm curious as to what came of that guy. Is he still grounded? Did his mom give him his phone back?

OP seems to jump from guy to guy. Not the best example to set for a daughter considering the ones she seems to be picking. This new guy doesn't have his own place and seems to live with family as well (mentions of brother and sister)
 c_baby0880
Msg: 19
frustrated..
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:31:11 AM
That guy was a loser... ur bringing him up, why?
i dont jump from guy 2 guy, yeah i posted about him, but its been a while since iv even talked to the guy.
Hes in arizona now. And i could care less. My daughters not around when i go out, i dont have her weekends...
So before u start making assumptions about MY life, u should prolly get the facts right! or jus not say anything at all. thanks.

And as for the new guy, no he doesnt live with his family. He has his own place with a roomate, as i said in the post. His sister was jus there hanging out.. And we went ovet to where his lil brother was, which is how i met him... so yeah!!
 c_baby0880
Msg: 20
frustrated..
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:33:34 AM
I feel like if he was really in to you he would have sent you a "good night......glad I met you" sorta text that SAME night.....I could be wrong.....but that's just my opinion?

thats whats i thought too
 xxsmexixx
Msg: 21
view profile
History
frustrated..
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:40:59 AM
You posted about the other guy last week?!?!?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > frustrated..