Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Should I call it quits???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 A-Drew5179
Msg: 1
Should I call it quits???Page 1 of 1    
I've been talking to this girl for about nearly 2 weeks, we normally talk about simple stuff. But while I've been chatting with her through e-mails here on POF, I noticed that I always had to start the conversation or carry the conversation, being a guy that's rough here for online dating. But she always responses to my questions or anything I have to say. So during these last two days I've not messaged her nor has she message me , not even said at least a hello. So is she just being nice enough to respond , or is can it be that she is scared or shy to message me?
P.S. We go to the same College!!!
 sainbain
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Should I call it quits???
Posted: 4/25/2012 12:24:19 AM
Oh for ****s sake! Get out there and meet her already!

I'd be willing to bet things are slowing down because endlessly chatting online is boring. By this point you should have at least had one brief face-to-face meeting.

Also, I'd suggest you dial back your expectations on the communication front. I don't even talk to the person I am dating every day, let alone some random person you haven't even met yet.
Posted: 4/25/2012 12:46:24 AM
ask her to meet. if she makes an excuse with no counterproposal, that's the equivalent of 'get lost.'
 unclezeus
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/25/2012 1:37:30 AM
We go to the same College!!!
...Nothing to get excited about, you still bored her to tears. You're history.
Nobody "Dates" online. The sooner you understand that being online is to locate someone , then go meet them, the better luck you have. [The first meeting should never be more than one hour long].
Especially when you are competing with at least 20 other guys for the same chick. Meeting her organically [in person] as soon as possible, is to your advantage in this situation today.

I've been talking to this girl for about nearly 2 weeks,
...I hope you met her in person , otherwise it was probably a guy.

If you don't meet the woman within one or two days , 5 maximum, walk away because its probably a guy. Or a very shy girl, whom you will never see in person.
 A-Drew5179
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:23:17 AM
Just to clear up some stuff, "The college remark was to show that there may be a possibility that we might run into each and it could be awkward if that were to happen if we suddenly stop talking. Also I’m not excited to be going to the same college! We didn't talk like every day; it was more like every other after a few days of initial contact, but never weekends. Also if it’s a guy then he went totally out of his way to create a fake Facebook page and a POF? Furthermore, this person never gave me their FB page, and it's only show's certain information and we talk about things that only certain people that attend here would know about this campus. Also the only reason why at least I haven't ask, it's the final weeks into the semester, on the weekends for the past 2 weeks I've had plans well in advance before I starting talking to her, and I’m sure she has friends that she had made plans with.

& I guess you had previous experiences were you met men, who you believe to be a women. ???
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:31:02 AM

I've been talking to this girl for about nearly 2 weeks, we normally talk about simple stuff. But while I've been chatting with her through e-mails here on POF, I noticed that I always had to start the conversation or carry the conversation, being a guy that's rough here for online dating. But she always responses to my questions or anything I have to say. So during these last two days I've not messaged her nor has she message me , not even said at least a hello. So is she just being nice enough to respond , or is can it be that she is scared or shy to message me?

OP - while you're playing tiddly winks with her online talking/chatting/email, etc with this gal...

other dude(s) are taking her out and trying to get with her...

get her number..

""CALL HER"" (not text)

then take her out already.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/25/2012 4:10:52 AM

Just to clear up some stuff, "The college remark was to show that there may be a possibility that we might run into each and it could be awkward if that were to happen if we suddenly stop talking. Also I’m not excited to be going to the same college! We didn't talk like every day; it was more like every other after a few days of initial contact, but never weekends. Also if it’s a guy then he went totally out of his way to create a fake Facebook page and a POF? Furthermore, this person never gave me their FB page, and it's only show's certain information and we talk about things that only certain people that attend here would know about this campus. Also the only reason why at least I haven't ask, it's the final weeks into the semester, on the weekends for the past 2 weeks I've had plans well in advance before I starting talking to her, and I’m sure she has friends that she had made plans with.

Okay so now you've made your excuses and justifications - has that helped any ?

In the time you took to type that up, you could have called her, spoken with her and arranged an initial meet.

The point you are missing is this site is for introductions but to get a date, you have to meet in the real world. The longer you are communicating with her on-line, you are building expectations which often time don't exist when you are face-to-face. The longer you are communicating with her on line, the more likely you are shifting yourself to the friend-zone from which there is rarely a return. The longer you are communicating with her on line, the more likely someone else will have messaged her, met her and started to date her.

Stop kicking tires and take the car out for a test drive. Stop looking at the one-line ad and go and see if you are dreaming about something which is a rusty POS. Stop thinking about how great it might be because you'll be eating someone's exhaust fumes as they drive off with her. If she's really as good as you think, especially being a 'newer model', other buyers are going to be interested too.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 5:13:14 AM

Then why in the phuck have you been chatting on here for two weeks and have not met? At your age it should of been easy to ask her to meet you somewhere on campus for coffee or something? This site is about MEETING not chatting. This should always be moving FORWARD. A few good messages. Move to the phone. Ask her to meet. Thats what you should focus on.

Cowboy
 notdating-forumsonly
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/25/2012 5:48:20 AM
Stop playing games. Call her and ask her to meet you somewhere on campus in a public place- the student union center, etc.
 windchymes
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:10:09 AM
She's probably tired of waiting for you to ask her to meet, since you live on the same freaking college campus????

Mothers out there, time to stop mollycoddling your little boys and start teaching them how to get out in the world and meet people. Social skills start at the playground. :)
 dub08
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:12:27 AM
Op you are 21 not 15!! Mail her or approach her at college and ask her out!! If she says no then leave it there and move on!!
 curvesweetblonde99
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:43:20 AM
Maybe she is wondering why you have not asked her out yet and she is getting bored with you. And why should she say hello to you? You stopped talking to her... you think she should chase you down when you ignore her? You're the man in this situation, it's your job to initiate and court her and it's her job to be receptive to your courting if she is interested. Therefore, ask her out and see if she accepts. If she declines and doesn't offer an alternative (or ignores you) then she is not interested. If she accepts, then you are moving along nicely in the courting process.
 SerendipityHappens
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/25/2012 8:25:39 AM
^ This, this, this, this, this
 BearFish11
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:22:19 AM
Agree with all the previous postings, if your going to the same college, you could get a meeting quickly and hopefully establish something, stop beating around the bush, GL
 4x4fan
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:49:43 PM
I'd say that in 99.9% of the time, if you find yourself asking "should I call it quits" when you are in the early part of talking, or just attempting to get to know someone....the answer is nearly always yes!!
Move on. Doesn't sound like she's meeting you in the middle and is not putting forth the effort you are.
 LadyRider81
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:59:55 PM
She is just being nice. Move on.
 neehill
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:20:30 PM
She is just being nice! move on and find someone who actually acts interested.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Should I call it quits???