Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Nova Scotia  > dating experiences in cape breton      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 celtichopeful
Msg: 1
dating experiences in cape bretonPage 1 of 1    
I hope this is ok to start this thread..But I am curious to hear how other women in cape breton ( just because I am from there too) have found dating from pof....I have met quite a few very nice men for coffee but either I wasnt their type or they weren't my type..I have been burned by a couple of men who I thought should have been at an age where they would be past lying to women and stringing them along for some unknown reason..these were men in their 50's...it is hard to know what age to even look at because the men my own age or older all seem to just want to have "fun". I like fun too but I would prefer more than that you know?

Naturally the younger men just want to hjave "fun" and who can blame them right? they are still young..

So what are us poor 40 year old somethings supposed to do?
 celtichopeful
Msg: 2
dating experiences in cape breton
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:53:38 AM
edit /post..i guess i shouldnt limit this to cape breton but to include the mainland as well.
 ToughCookie75
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:25:25 AM
OP
once a week ( ask me ahead of time and have something to do other than "lets meet up and have sex").I would like to get together at home once a week ( your place or mine)- hopefully have sex both nights

Im just curios ..........is that a typo on your profile? or are you serious>?
 celtichopeful
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/25/2012 5:12:09 PM
i had actually seen that on another persons comments and it hit me that that was what i thought too so i added it to my profile...maybe i should have clarified that this would be with one person but since i prefaced the comment with what i wanted in a relationship i assumed that was clear..maybe not..men can say they want sex...why cant a woman?

the your place or mine thing just meant me and my one guy wouldnt always have to hang out at my place..
 celtichopeful
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/26/2012 4:59:09 AM
thanks for the critique though..seeing it from someone else's eyes gives you a different perspective so I just deleted the whole blurb lol ..i hope i havent offended anyone by my thread though..there are quite a few views but only one reply and that wasnt about the thread itself..oh well.
 ToughCookie75
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:34:42 PM
OP

I actually wasnt critiquing your profile just trying to clarify as it didnt come across to me very clearly.

Nothing wrong with asking for sex if thats what you want,but you may be leaving yourself wide open for all sorts however if what you want is a LTR with sex thats a bit different maybe be a bit clearer about what you want to weed out the crap............lol

Good luck to you ,most people are going through similar experiences on here.

In future post to the local of your current residency or the global non local forums - see posted rules.

Blah_User_Name
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/26/2012 7:00:48 PM
Okay, now I'm going to add a comment which is zero help either...

Nothing wrong with asking for sex if thats what you want,but you may beleaving yourself wide open for all sorts

Isn't that kinda of the point ? LMAO
 celtichopeful
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/27/2012 9:46:37 AM
i just took it off to save confusion lol for the record i wasnt asking for sex but i just feel that sex should be part of a ltr and even an short term relationship (which is longer than a one night stand in my mind)..my ex had a very low sex drive and at the time i was ok with that but i wouldnt be now at this point in my life lol
 waterside62
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/12/2012 10:50:40 PM
Half of my family is from Cape Breton so the whole 'I live in Cape Breton and I'm not having sex' thing is kinda confusing to me. Maybe there is a part of the Island that I have never scene ? It's almost like saying ' I live in Cape Breton and I can't find a place to get a drink'. Maybe I need to go for a drive and find out what the hell is going on up there :)
Show ALL Forums  > Nova Scotia  > dating experiences in cape breton