Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > The "MEET ME" section is FAIL      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 4wheelller
Msg: 1
The "MEET ME" section is FAILPage 1 of 1    
I am wondering what the ladies think of the "MEET ME" program on here. To me: it motivates the viewer to simply look at a picture and make a decision.... I can look at a picture and get a positive feeling, but once reading their profile, that positive feeling can be reversed in the first sentence of their profile.

I think POF should wipe out this completely and start all over.

My suggestion would be to add in another icon to the options on the "quick email" "send message" etc.

BUT to combat the guys that want to click EVERY "Meet Me" and is just phishing for a hook up, I think we should be limited to 3-5 possible matches that a member can click "Meet Me" to in one day.

All-in-all, the Meet Me part of this website is in FAIL and needs some improvements, so any new ideas are welcome here!

Let's hear your thoughts!
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 2
The MEET ME section is FAIL
Posted: 4/25/2012 5:52:57 PM
Nobody takes "Meet Me" seriously, so why get your panties in a bunch? It's a PoF gimmick and doesn't mean that anyone actually clicked on it or that they really want to meet.
 Holly63
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:11:36 PM
I remember when the Meet Me feature first started. There was an extremely long thread about it.

It was established many times that "Maybe" is the same as saying"yes." Silly, I know, but its still there as a choice.

I rarely use the feature and when Im notified by email that so-and-so wants to meet me, I delete the email. Its pointless. If they want to meet me they'd write. Its nothing more than a wink.
 snowstorm22
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:13:25 PM
I agree its the most stupid thing about this site
and needs to be abolished.
 Sunshinelady555
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:45:00 PM
I looked at it a couple times since on here. Nope it does Not work
for me, most times the profile it not what I am looking for. lol
 LadyRider81
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:54:24 PM
So far, this whole website is a fail. I know, I'm setting myself up to come off as a bitter self-absorbed b!tch but I'm cool with that. =)
 _sighnomore_
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:10:25 PM
LMAO its funny you say that.

Just another con to the whole meet me feature, I used to have a dolt of a friend who would just click yes on every guy just to see the next one. She didnt consider that these men would see this, she didnt have the mental capacity to think that far ahead.

Then again she could barely read or write and needed her 8 year old daughter to make a profile for her because she couldnt even get past the "enter the letters under the circles" part.

hahaha...
 Xavier_222
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:20:44 PM
I met the girl I'm talking to currently through the meet me section.

She said 'yes', I sent her an email. Now we talk every day and shes pretty nice so far :)

Can work, just not often.

Only real issue is that theres not that much of a filtering system. IE/ Some nice girls that say yes (and after sending them a message, were interested in talking further) often ended up being half way across the country.
 Revilors
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:52:36 PM

I can look at a picture and get a positive feeling, but once reading their profile, that positive feeling can be reversed in the first sentence of their profile.

Then why don't you read their profile before you make your decision? That's what I used to do before I realized nobody else does. The only decision I made based solely on the photo was that of not being attracted to the photo. If I thought I could be...I visited their profile before clicking.

The feature is now meaningless because users have made it so.
 Palejewel
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:59:40 PM
They should remove the "meet me" section and replace it with a "wink".

That would help the shy people take a step out of their comfort zone.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:59:48 PM
OP please read the various threads on this topic it has been done to death.

I agree its the most stupid thing about this site

I disagree the most stupid thing about this site is the people who take the meet me feature way too seriously and get upset when someone is unresponsive even though they had sent a meet me message. Meet me on POF is like a wink on some other sites it does mean anything more than they may have liked you pictures - you can take that as a compliment if you like.
 stephanie4life
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/25/2012 8:12:23 PM
I totally agree. Meet Me is so lame.
 4wheelller
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/25/2012 8:25:13 PM
If this topic has been worn out, I couldn't find any of the previous communications. Maybe POF will delete it soon if it doesn't work. So far there haven't been but on positive comment, so to me the "Meet Me" needs deleted.
 ThreadMasterB
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/25/2012 8:30:47 PM
I ****ing know right, meet me fails and so does profile views. Hell even earlier today I was at the grocery and at least 45 women noticed me but not one message or did one ask for my phone number, but they looked at me I don't ****ing get it
 Landra2
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 9:32:37 PM
I've never seen it.
 SmilingRai
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/25/2012 10:00:40 PM
I like the "Meet Me" option. I can go through the list of guys who want to meet me and decide from there if I'll message them.
 BornVillan
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/25/2012 10:10:59 PM
Say i dont know why i have had great luck on here especially in the last 3 weeks....
Be Honest and dont try to sound good nobody cares about that
suggestion if you want to get layed quick Mention something about dope but not in your profile Its on !!!!
Many girl like dope but wont admit it on profile and thats good
 running2012girl
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/26/2012 3:09:05 AM
Meet me doesn't work. Its just looking at a picture. If someone doesnt email me they don't want to meet me..Just flipping email its not that hard.
 dtt717
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/26/2012 7:10:43 AM

All-in-all, the Meet Me part of this website is in FAIL and needs some improvements, so any new ideas are welcome here!

Let's hear your thoughts!

dude, not to rain on your parade but nothing is taken seriously on PlentyOfFreaks... this is just something to do during smoke breaks to make the day go faster after all your facebook friends bore the sh*t out of you.

...there is a real world out there with real women in it to meet...go get 'em

Nobody takes "Meet Me" seriously, so why get your panties in a bunch?

lol xactly
 ohenryx
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2012 7:33:18 AM

LadyRider81:
So far, this whole website is a fail. I know, I'm setting myself up to come off as a bitter self-absorbed b!tch but I'm cool with that. =)

You've been here a grand total of 10 days, and you're ready to declare the whole site as a fail?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > The "MEET ME" section is FAIL