Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Some girls love it... some dont      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BornVillan
Msg: 1
Some girls love it... some dontPage 1 of 1    
Why is it that some girls love tattoos i have been wondering about this for a long time. I got mine when i was 18-22.I did not do it for the girls i did it because i have always loved them and i still do.Im definatly not ashamed of mine i love them. Also when a girl likes them they will definatly let you know.
 ecochick1962
Msg: 2
Some girls love it... some dont
Posted: 4/25/2012 10:17:31 PM
I love them, and have 5 of my own. In a woman especially a lot of people don't care for them.....but I can live with that!
 LadyRider81
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/25/2012 10:21:53 PM
Why do some men like blonds with a huge rack? Youre attracted to what youre attracted to. My weakness is olive skin with green eyes and tats can be pretty damn hot when thrown in.
 prairiecutie19
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/25/2012 10:59:22 PM
I love a dark haired guy, green eyes, and if he has tattoos it's a huge plus. I love Josef Gloor; hes so attractive! :)
 sainbain
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:49:24 PM
Add me to the "don't" column. I have never been able to understand why people would actually pay money and sit through a painful procedure to be physically branded as a member of the lower classes.
 ecochick1962
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:21:30 AM
Well pardon me! Speak for yourself! I am not a member of the lower classes at all, and neither are most people who have tattoos.
 Trailsman5
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:48:25 AM
Are there really still controversies about tattoos? I suppose prison tats might make me pause, but in a world of 16 yr old girls with dolphins on their backs, I'd be surprised by a woman who wasn't inked.
 xx_JJ_xx
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:51:37 AM
I'm not a fan of tattoos.

I don't mind the odd one or two on a man.

I don't have any and don't intend to get any.
 faerlan
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:58:59 AM

I have never been able to understand why people would actually pay money and sit through a painful procedure to be physically branded as a member of the lower classes.

Rather be physically branded as the lower class than live in there mentally.

On topic: Tats are great, but as much as I love them I wouldn't go out with a guy with inks on his hands / neck / face. My personal dealbreaker.
 AmiAlex2
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2012 3:44:29 AM
Yes love them dunno why - just think they so beautifull (designs not I love mum or love & hate on the knuckles lol)

Judging class by tattoos says more about the one judging imo & since mine isnt normally visible good luck with that
 F1faniam
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/26/2012 4:55:26 AM
I find them a bit trashy,and would never get one.But, if someone want's to get a tatto good for them !
 eve1962
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2012 5:00:14 AM
I don't mind tattoes on a man - but don't really like them on women. Just my own opinion.

I would advise anyone though not to get their partner's name tattoed - my ex did. The usual heart and arrow with her name on his back. They split up and he hates her now - yet he's left with her name on his body for the rest of his days. OK for him - he never saw it. But I really hated cuddling up to him and being faced with his ex's name on his body.

Don't like tons of tattoes though, but a few are OK. Just me, but I find it quite manly for some strange reason.
 dtt717
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/26/2012 6:45:38 AM
the more meaning and artistry behind the genesis of the tattoo(s) makes it/them more appealing & sexy... tramp stamps and tribals are cliche and boring...
people who draw their own concepts win 1st prize. a hot chick w/ cool tattoos looks even hotter IMO
 ThisFunGuy
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/26/2012 6:50:27 AM

Add me to the "don't" column. I have never been able to understand why people would actually pay money and sit through a painful procedure to be physically branded as a member of the lower classes.

Some of the pharaoh's had tattoos, are they lower class?
 femaleconnection
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2012 7:08:45 AM
I wouldnt turn someone I liked away for having one, but my preference is clean healthy looking skin with no marks on it other than what genetics/accidents provide.
 DreamieDreamer
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/26/2012 7:40:08 AM
To each their own.

I had a guy tell me that Tats are usually a deal breaker for him.

I have three small ones, 2 hidden and one on my right wrist.

I happen to love them and the stories that go with them and if someone else cant appreciate them, then I don't want to or need to spend a lot of my time with them.

My Tats are me and I do hope to get another one day so I also let that be known up front now! :o)
 sainbain
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2012 7:40:56 AM
Ecochick-it may well be different in Australia. I only know that here in the States, you aren't going to see the President with a tattoo. You aren't going to see senators with tattoos. You aren't going to see CEOs of Fortune 500 companies with tattoos. You are certainly never going to see members of the powerful historic families who run the country behind the scenes sporting ink.

Who do we see with tattoos? Prison inmates. Trailer park dwellers. Gang members. Am I saying that everyone, or even the majority of people, with tattoos fit into those categories? Of course not. But I don't see why people would choose to emulate the second list rather than the first.

Aside from the odd rebellious/new age individual, tattoos in modern America are a signifier of lower-middle-class or below background. The demographics of tattooing is actually something we studied in my Sociology of Social Class class.
 DreamieDreamer
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/26/2012 7:45:07 AM
Ecochick-it may well be different in Australia. I only know that here in the States, you aren't going to see the President with a tattoo. You aren't going to see senators with tattoos. You aren't going to see CEOs of Fortune 500 companies with tattoos. You are certainly never going to see members of the powerful historic families who run the country behind the scenes sporting ink.

Who do we see with tattoos? Prison inmates. Trailer park dwellers. Gang members. Am I saying that everyone, or even the majority of people, with tattoos fit into those categories? Of course not. But I don't see why people would choose to emulate the second list rather than the first.

This is so closed minded, stereotypical and false!

Edit to add:

There are many former Presidents said to have had tattoos. Tattoos are a huge part of our Military Forces and there are rules in place with where and how they can be had.
Many of our Former Presidents were part of the armed forces so they know how to conceal them.

Many historical families had their family crests tattooed in unseen and concealed places. It is said that FDR and Teddy Roosevelt both had their family crest tattooed on their body.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2012 7:49:00 AM
GOOD ink is good. BAD ink is just bad.
 BRDeb
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2012 8:01:02 AM
I find some of the tattoos to be quite beautiful but like another poster said, it's the canvas that I'm against. It is possible to have them removed these days but that often leaves scarring and from what I understand the removal is about 10 times more painful than the original application.

I don't really have a problem with a small tatoo placed in an inconspicuous area of the body that is easily covered. I'm seeing far too many beautiful young ladies these days with people's names emblazened across their chest just below the collar bone. I can't see how that can ever be attractive but I suppose there are those who love it after all enough people are paying to have it done. I dated a man who had a giant skull tattooed on his calf. It stretched from the knee to the ankle and although the artwork was flawless it looked hideous.

My oldest son wanted a tat when he turned 18. While I knew that he would do what he wanted to do I tried to stress the importance of thinking long and hard about what he wanted to put on his body and how it would look 20+ years from now. Since he had a tatoo artist friend that offered to give him a freebie as long as it was solid black he decided that it would be a great idea to have "F*CK YEAH!" emblazened across his right shoulder blade. He soon discovered that he can no longer take his shirt off in public places without being asked to leave. In about 10 years he'll most likely be starting a family and won't be able to have his small children see his back without reading it. Somehow I think he didn't take my advice and think long and hard about how it would affect his life before having it done but then again, what else is new? My only consolation is that he might be able to change the first two letters and make it say "HECK YEAH!" without too much trouble when he decides that he's outgrown the current quote.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Some girls love it... some dont