Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How do I say hello???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RiderFan4EVER
Msg: 1
How do I say hello???Page 1 of 1    
I have a problem writing messages when I find a woman that I may be interested in. I know what I 'want' to say but I have difficulty put finger to button :s I consider myself to be a genuine person but just having trouble meeting someone
 sainbain
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How do I say hello???
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:12:49 PM
So you basically have writer's block? Is that what you mean?

If you "know what [you] 'want' to say," then just say that!
 Dr__Matt
Msg: 3
How do I say hello???
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:16:32 PM
If they fancy you they'll reply no matter what you write.
If they don't fancy you they won't reply no matter what you write.
 tjl503
Msg: 4
How do I say hello???
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:17:13 PM
You seem like a nice guy Jasonthe nice guy. Nice guy has a different meaning to a lot of people. When I read someone being a self proclaimed "nice guy" I think of someone who thinks that women owe them something for being one. low self-esteem, forever friend zoned, jaded by no replies.

Are you a funny guy Jason? Make a woman laugh on your first message you will have a better chance of getting replies. If you aren't having luck you should get a profile review, maybe switch up some pics and create a whole new you. Change your username to JasonIsAbadMamajama.
 Palejewel
Msg: 5
view profile
History
How do I say hello???
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:42:16 PM
Please change your username.
If you remove "THEniceguy" it will fair you better.
 DeerTaint
Msg: 6
How do I say hello???
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:42:25 PM
Are you asking others to write your emails for you? Really, you can't thing of anything to write? If you can't write an email, how are you going to carry on any other type of conversation? Then you'll be back here asking "I sent out emails and after the third or forth time, she stopped replying. What happened?" Put a little effort and you may get some return.
 Xavier_222
Msg: 7
How do I say hello???
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:49:55 PM
I get most of my responses from just being nice to them and being honest about what I saw and want.

I say hello (and use her username when messaging her)
I tell her I like her profile (and a single line briefly explaning what I like most)
and I tell her you would like to know more if given the opportunity

I tell her my name, my age, mycity and briefly explain what I'm looking for on this site.
I invite her to visit my profile to find out a little about me and say that if she likes what she sees, to reply (so I know shes interested in talking further).
Then I just say goodbye and tell her to have a great day and hope she replys.

In alot of cases, she does.
I get quite a few responses, apparently more than most, so I must be doing something right, or atleast something that works for me.

Just being honest and nice. No gimmicks or games or attempts to look 'cool' or 'funny'... just being who I am.
Afterall, if she doesn't fall for you being YOURSELF, you're pretty much wasting your time even if she does reply.
 F1faniam
Msg: 8
How do I say hello???
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:54:39 PM
1. Change the username
2. Don't take any advice from anyone on here about how to write a message.
 mike918273645
Msg: 9
view profile
History
How do I say hello???
Posted: 4/26/2012 1:17:51 PM
I used to send fun and interesting opening messages, now I just stick with a generic compliment followed by asking if they're open for conversation.

Takes (me) about 7-10 minutes to put together a fun/unique message. Sending those I get 1 response in 3-5 sent.

Takes me about 10 seconds to assess the basics of someone's profile; am I attracted to them, do they look crazy, no deal breakers. Fire and forget a generic response. Been averaging 1 response in 10-15 sent in this manner. All responses result in at least a conversation. No response is still a response, especially with the "viewed me" page.

All in all, time is a very valuable thing. Anyone feeling like they deserve 7-10 minutes of your time only to toss it in the waste basket definitely is someone you want to avoid. Full inbox or not. Just politely telling them you're interested, come check me out and lets chat if interested. Not asking much.

So why spend an hour to get a response when you can spend a few minutes. There's plenty of fish out there. ;)
 prairiecutie19
Msg: 10
How do I say hello???
Posted: 4/26/2012 3:00:17 PM

I say hello (and use her username when messaging her)
I tell her I like her profile (and a single line briefly explaning what I like most)
and I tell her you would like to know more if given the opportunity

I tell her my name, my age, mycity and briefly explain what I'm looking for on this site.
I invite her to visit my profile to find out a little about me and say that if she likes what she sees, to reply (so I know shes interested in talking further).
Then I just say goodbye and tell her to have a great day and hope she replys.

I wish more guys would put effort into writing messages like this. I cant count how many times guys message me and its "hello", "nice pictures", or the always classic "your attractive". I almost never write back to messages that are two words. Its annoying.
 kornbeep
Msg: 11
view profile
History
How do I say hello???
Posted: 4/26/2012 3:41:51 PM

I know what I 'want' to say but I have difficulty put finger to button

Type up your message and ask your friend to to click the "send reply". I do the same thing.
 xxsmexixx
Msg: 12
view profile
History
How do I say hello???
Posted: 4/26/2012 3:50:56 PM
Do not take advice on what to say from anyone. If it was so successful they wouldn't be still here? And if it was successful they haven't done it on a while

Are you worried how you will come across OP? You say you know what to write? Well take your time letting it flow from
Your brain to your fingers. Say it out loud so you know how it sounds to the person. As long as your not offensive you will be fine.

Just get started even if it's a few 'hi how are you' for practice and confidence. The more you write the better you will get

Good luck

Smexi
 mike918273645
Msg: 13
view profile
History
How do I say hello???
Posted: 4/26/2012 6:32:24 PM
I seriously wouldn't listen to anyone who says type up a bunch of information and send. Only thing that's relevant on first contact is that ... you're interested based on her profile and want to know if she is on yours.

They say they don't care, just delete, etc, but they do. If they're interested by your profile, they respond. If you're going to spend any time on anything, put the effort into your profile and on opening message just let them know you're interested.

Anyone pissy about that approach isn't worth your time.
 massha
Msg: 14
view profile
History
How do I say hello???
Posted: 4/26/2012 9:05:18 PM

Anyone pissy about that approach isn't worth your time.
a bit hostile, no? I doubt "pissy" is the right term here. It's just - why would I respond to somebody who does not care to have a real conversation???
 RiderFan4EVER
Msg: 15
How do I say hello???
Posted: 4/26/2012 9:21:56 PM
Well, I took bits from peoples advice here and happily I have gotten some responses :) Just going to be myself and hope for the best.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How do I say hello???