Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Another lost fish at sea      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ArticLife
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Another lost fish at seaPage 1 of 1    
I wonder where I stand?

Err.. swim.

Heh, seriously though, give me your thoughts on my profile if you could. I know there are a lot of guys on these sites so if there's anything I can do to get ahead that'd be cool. I really am a good swimmer.

Thanks.
 You go first
Msg: 2
Another lost fish at sea
Posted: 4/28/2012 10:36:26 AM
The main photo would be great if you could crop it more. The other two are useless. Let someone else take your photos, preferably in good lighting and with a laugh.

The profile may work for a girl in your age range going on just your look, but there's not a whole lot there for her to find anything in common. The Interests are generic instead of specific and although you like to cook, you again don't say anything specific.

You could also add a line about what type of girl you find interesting on the off-chance someone may be thinking of sending you a first contact message. 99.99999% of the time you will be writing first. Keep the messages short, light humoured, specific to one topic from her profile and include only one question so she has an easy way to respond if she chooses.
 ArticLife
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Another lost fish at sea
Posted: 4/28/2012 3:23:26 PM
So I should be a bit more specific?

Hmm I can try that, thanks.
 ArticLife
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Another lost fish at sea
Posted: 4/29/2012 12:38:38 PM
Not sure if bumping is allowed, but I am curious if there is more I could do to improve my profile. Let me know, thanks.
 rains_in_the_bay
Msg: 5
Another lost fish at sea
Posted: 4/29/2012 1:08:04 PM
Pretty sure bumping a post is fine.

"Heh, in reality I'm a pretty decent guy. I'm fit, healthy, relatively smart and probably most importantly, extremely pleased with my life."

In reality you're a decent guy? So on the interwebs you're completely different?
I'd steer clear of anything that is middle ground. You're either smart or not, so take out the "relatively"

If you're extremely pleased with your life I wouldn't imagine that you would need to be on this site, so just think about what your intentions are. Maybe tweak it to something like "I'm pleased with where my life is heading, now I need someone to share it with'" that sort of thing. great way to transition to what kind of lady you'd like to find.
 RT_2
Msg: 6
Another lost fish at sea
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:02:25 PM
Can't agree about removing the relatively from smart. Saying "I'm smart" is bad, something you should show rather than claim.

Smarts are not a binary yes or no. They're easiest to describe in a numerical range, not that a score on a test has much to do with true snarts.

Better at making soup than the Soup Nazi? Most interesting statement I've seen on a profile in a while.
 ArticLife
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Another lost fish at sea
Posted: 4/29/2012 9:39:38 PM
Oh, when I say "in reality", I don't mean in real life. It's a saying to express impact on the words that follow and imply a serious tone from the previous light attitude.

As for the Soup Nazi, eh. I watch a lot of Seinfeld to this day. I can't help it. I grew up with that show and I started to become interested in soups because of that damn Nazi.

NEXT!

Oh, quick question, are girls in your experience a bit more picky on this site? I have a profile on another dating website () and I tend to get more responses there. Just wondering if it's a coincidence or if anyone experiences this too, since both profiles are very similar.

Thanks for the tips so far anyhow, appreciate it.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Another lost fish at sea