Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Minnesota  > dating a non drinker      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Skyjumper54
Msg: 1
view profile
History
dating a non drinkerPage 1 of 1    
I've met some great woman here and I don't drink. No big deal for me or most woman. I haven't for 30 yrs but I date those that Do lol I've met a couple that seemed to feel strange even after a few dates that they were and I wasn't. I wonder WHY? I go to bars, Enjoy Bands, Dance, I live on a Skydiving Drop Zone where almost everyone drinks, Bonfires and parties every weekend LOL. I don't live in an alcohol free environment at all. I wonder why a drinker would be uncomfortable?
 cilution
Msg: 2
dating a non drinker
Posted: 4/30/2012 8:04:26 PM
I do not drink either. Definitely think it hurts more than helps when it comes to my social life and dating, especially for my age range. I get the impression that some women automatically think I must be less fun than someone who drinks.
 Skyjumper54
Msg: 3
view profile
History
dating a non drinker
Posted: 5/2/2012 11:11:02 AM
EXACTLY what I've felt. hell I jump from antennas in the night and ride way too fast lol and LOVE a good party. and seek fun in every corner of life. Thanks for your insight. And good luck Brother, play safe and play Hard. Life is a Jewel
 jmp269
Msg: 4
view profile
History
dating a non drinker
Posted: 5/20/2012 5:01:42 PM
I also don't drink. It seems to make some people very uncomfortable, like I'm being judging them if they do drink. I don't mind if my partner drinks, so long as they don't drink to the point of being drunk. I had one guy tell me I'd never be able to find someone that didn't drink and/or do drugs (including pot) and another become almost over-protective of me if people were drinking around us, which was rather awkward... I really don't know the whys, it's just weird...
 septjanjune
Msg: 5
view profile
History
dating a non drinker
Posted: 9/15/2012 6:37:56 PM
i find out if i have a drink or two i loosen up right away and have more fun i not drunk or anything like that then i quit drinking
 AiroSpade
Msg: 6
dating a non drinker
Posted: 9/28/2012 12:36:52 AM
A lot of us cant just have a drink or 2. I'm quite curious on this topic too.
 Connor64
Msg: 7
dating a non drinker
Posted: 10/24/2012 2:42:16 PM
Well... This is Minnesota :P All we have is hunting, drinking, and mining... At least, that's Northern Minnesota.

I don't drink either, so I can sympathize. It's just part of the culture around here, in my experience. So people who don't drink are automatically castigated as being unusual. I don't think I could name another person I personally know who doesn't.
Show ALL Forums  > Minnesota  > dating a non drinker