Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Has anyone been to hookup.com      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BamaDude_1987
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Has anyone been to hookup.comPage 1 of 1    
it popped up on this website and I decided to go check it out and after reading a few profiles and checking out the pictures I was confused by the difference between these two websites. Well clearly this website is designed for a lot more then just a random "hookup" but the difference between the people was mindblowing. Has anyone been to that website?
 SmilingRai
Msg: 2
Has anyone been to hookup.com
Posted: 5/2/2012 9:58:42 PM
Nah but I highly doubt the models types are going on there as they've advertised. Not my cup of tea but I'm sure it's others'.
 BamaDude_1987
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:06:58 PM
It's funny that you brought that up because they pictures I seen were some really attractive girls. But it like a too good to be true kind of thing and I'm about 95% sure the pictures they use aren't real are they are just doing that as a joke to **** with the weirdos and creeps. Who knows I could be wrong.
 SmilingRai
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:15:29 PM
lol I mean really.... Do you think that attractive of a bunch of women need a site to find hook ups? Really? There's clubs for that kind of thing with cuter guys wanting a one night stand.
 BamaDude_1987
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:54:53 PM
haha well maybe they just have really bad social skills?
 SmilingRai
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:58:37 PM
Quit lying to yourself! They're pretty, they don't have to talk. Sign, maybe write or just point. lol
 ITWYLD
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2012 11:02:14 PM
Why would any self respecting girl post on a hookup site? Truthfully, all she has to do is walk into her neighbourhood pub and get lucky, IF that's what she is looking for.....
 prairiecutie19
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/3/2012 12:56:35 AM

Why would any self respecting girl post on a hookup site? Truthfully, all she has to do is walk into her neighbourhood pub and get lucky, IF that's what she is looking for.....

Couldn't have said it better myself
 BamaDude_1987
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2012 12:59:28 AM
Yea I clearly came to the conclusion they are not even real people but merely just a bunch of con artist trying to impersonate "hot young girls" that are willing to meet complete stangers and hook up with them. Yea like that's realistic. Good thing I had enough common sense to dodge that bullet or otherwise I would have been pretty regretful when I see my bank account going empty for nothing.
 starofgaia
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/3/2012 2:34:26 AM
...and even if I did gauge hooks up, even at my advanced age and with my voluptuous body type, I would not have any trouble acquiring them locally.

Of course, pesky little things like the fear of STDS, my self respect, and the probability of being murdered by somebody through that venue, get in the way of my subscription.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2012 4:46:26 AM

It's funny that you brought that up because they pictures I seen were some really attractive girls.
Yes that would be because TONS of the profiles are not real. That site is famous for stealing profiles and photos of attractive women from other sites (including this one) and posting them there without the peoples permission as "bait".

Cowboy
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/3/2012 9:20:24 AM
It's just standard marketing.

Think about all the times you see an ad for a restaurant to the TV and the food looks wonderful. All nicely presented and laid out. Jeez, even the burger joint ads have their menu items presented well. Then consider the reality when you get there. Unless it's a mid to high end restaurant, the food looks nothing like the TV ad.

This is the same deal. No one is going to advertise a hook-up site with f-ugly members. It's simply not going to tempt anyone to join.

And for me, who is not a hook-up kind any way, just the mere thought of choosing someone whose lifestyle is to have a profile there, makes me cringe. All those people looking for casual sex and then going back for more from someone else - how many hookups do you think they had prior to you ? How many hookup's have each of her prior partners had ? Yuck ! Suppose she's had 40 hookups, and each of those had 40 of their own before getting to her ? Oh, I need to boil my brain in bleach just thinking about the possible diseases. Even cutting that number is half is still more then troubling.
 laskoboo
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2012 9:37:33 AM
[qoute]
lol I mean really.... Do you think that attractive of a bunch of women need a site to find hook ups? Really?

that is so very true !
 DeerTaint
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/3/2012 12:12:48 PM

Yes that would be because TONS of the profiles are not real. That site is famous for stealing profiles and photos of attractive women from other sites (including this one) and posting them there without the peoples permission as "bait"..

This is a big reason I don't put my picture up here. The last time I had a picture up here, I found myself on site I never joined. The reason I knew it was off of POF is because I only used the pic for here. I don't know if POF sells them or what.
 Nj_Writer
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/4/2012 4:23:43 AM
Save image as, and then they probably upload it elsewhere.

They don't really protect your images here.
 Silent Steel
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2012 10:33:31 AM
I would think it would be safer to jack off with a hand full of broken glass, then to lower ones standards enough to join a cesspool of a site like that.
 SC67
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/4/2012 3:11:09 PM

It's funny that you brought that up because they pictures I seen were some really attractive girls. But it like a too good to be true kind of thing and I'm about 95% sure the pictures they use aren't real are they are just doing that as a joke to **** with the weirdos and creeps. Who knows I could be wrong.

You are not wrong. One of my co-workers discovered her (underage) daughter had opened a profile on that website. She pulled a pic off the internet & claimed she was 21 & a 5'6" model (kinda short for a model, I know, but the men didn't seem to connect the dots). In reality she's 5'2" & at least 200 lbs & has a variety issues (physical, mental, lack of hygiene, etc). I felt really bad for some of the guys (easily 50-60) that she was e-mailing.

Now...the website wasn't screwing with the guys...she was. I guess you're gonna find some of these types on any site you choose. Keep your eyes open people!
 rick144
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/4/2012 11:21:08 PM
ok i'm off base here but what the hell, deertaint?
 FixedVariable
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2012 9:54:32 AM
Truth is NO ONE needs a website to find a hook-up or a date or a relationship.

We use it because it simplifies things sometimes. Speeds it up, etc.
 ironbryan
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/2/2013 6:29:44 PM
I have a profile on hookup.com and I did the 3 day trial offer..

This site is fake. The women are not real. I'm getting messages that are generic; none of these women even mentioned my physique. I'm a bodybuilder. That's the first thing they mention!

Also, these women are very very attractive. A prime indication that this is fake. Of course there are beautiful women everywhere, but, basically, every single woman on there is a 10. Seriously? I tried to find a customer service number just to tell one of their live representatives that their site IS fake. I couldn't find anything.

Really? This company wants me to provide my credit card information and purchase a full membership, yet I don't have ANY type of contact information.

I'm a business owner myself. Anyone who starts a site like this is not worthy of my respect in the least. I have more respect for someone who pulls a gun out and takes my money face to face, than someone hiding behind a fake website who obviously lacks the intelligence and creativity to start a real dating site.

The owners/creators of hookup.com are people of both inferior intelligence and morals.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Has anyone been to hookup.com