Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do average looking guys have a chance?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tribuit789
Msg: 1
Do average looking guys have a chance?Page 1 of 1    
I just have to wonder. At my work I would see alot of super attractive women with ok looken or below guys. I've messaged women on here who were somewhat attractive and average to with no luck still. I dont message "hotties" being they are out of my league and probably not nice people. What's a guy to do for someone to give him a shot?
 TempusFujis
Msg: 2
Do average looking guys have a chance?
Posted: 5/11/2012 2:31:57 PM
The average guy on here doesn't have a chance, because most average nice guys are whiny , insecure want to blame the bad boys for getting all the girls, most of you guys lack confidence and until you figure that out you will never meet a woman online.
 arctichorse90
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/11/2012 2:34:26 PM
I would have to say an "Average shot." ehh, aww I kid.

Just give it time, you have to be very patient with online dating, just let her come too you, or be pro active and send messages to potential candidates, you seem to do the right thing and avoid the "hotties", knowing your self worth is very important, good to hear someone knows, now just make sure your profile is top notch to you and your golden.
 MisterAndersonn
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/11/2012 2:35:28 PM

The average guy on here doesn't have a chance, because most average nice guys are whiny , insecure want to blame the bad boys for getting all the girls, most of you guys lack confidence and until you figure that out you will never meet a woman online.

Too true to be ever denied.
 Seanguy262
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2012 2:45:51 PM
What makes you say attractive women are not so nice people? That couldn't be further from the truth
 gcdeb
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2012 2:45:55 PM
Your profile could do with a review. You come across as a little negative. Smoking could be your biggest hindrance but you must have been messaging women who don't have that restriction, so maybe not?

Physical appearance isn't the prime motivator for me - I've messaged, and met, men whose photos don't make go weak at the knees. In fact, men who I don't necessarily find attractive, but whose profile interests me in some way. I am well aware that in real life, we can often develop an attraction because of someone's personality or values. I've dated men in the past who I did not find attractive physically. In fact, my most 'intense' relationship was with a man who I thought was physically unattractive, but his eyes, smile, and personality captured my heart and mind in a way that no other man ever has.
 Landra2
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2012 3:07:27 PM
Average, normal, regular guys have rarely had the guts to approach me.
And if they ever did, it was always "Oh, you wouldn't want a guy like me" and "I bet you have tons of men after you" and "I don't think I'd be good enough for you" and "I figured you'd be a snotty **** anyway."

Turns out I was a lot nicer than they were because I was willing to give them a chance-- and they rarely extended that same courtesy to me.
 DeerTaint
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/11/2012 3:26:41 PM

I've messaged women on here who were somewhat attractive and average to with no luck still.

Well looks you are SOL if the lowly somewhat attractive and average don't want you either.

I dont message "hotties" being they are out of my league and probably not nice people. What's a guy to do for someone to give him a shot?

"probably not nice people"? How about not judging people for starters because you are the one that is insecure about your looks?

Lots of times, being shallow is gonna bite you in the ass.
 starofgaia
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/11/2012 3:37:43 PM
What's the matter with ugly people? Are they too nice for you, OP?

By the way, whether a lady is blessed with good looks or not - your whining is utterly unattractive.
 lovelikewinter
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2012 4:11:09 PM
"Average" is perceptive. I don't message the gym rats or guys that seem hauty and perfect. I love average guys because most of them are intelligent, sarcastic, ans hard workers just how I love my men. Plus, there are key things women look for that may be the one trigger they love in a guy like a certain hair color and all. Yes, you may not be what you consider ugly, but it's about much more. If it were, there would not be an "about me" section, hobbies, etc.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/11/2012 4:14:12 PM

It is often misunderstood that the more attractive you are the better chance you have of meeting someone.

What people fail to factor is the that yes more people will be attracted to you, but because they are only attracted to like partners or above, it is a much smaller pool to choose from and average looking people make up the greatest portion of the population.

So to answer your question, average looking guys have the best chance.
 onewayoranuther
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/11/2012 4:44:18 PM
:) Yes, they do

I only dated one truly incredibly good looking man but his only concern was if he looked incredibly goodlooking. I am more than glad to throw on my jeans, t-shirt and cap and head out the door....but I had to wait on him for thirty minutes to an hour anywhere we went...I could never run my fingers through his hair and every mirror we passed, he was checking himself out.... that got old quick.

Most of the other men I date are good looking...to me and that is all I care about.
 Ricrivera88
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2012 4:49:06 PM
Average looking guys have the best chance. Like you said, you have seen good looking women with average or below average men. So have I. I have never seen a good looking guy with a fugly woman so I think your perception might be backwards.
 prometheus76
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/11/2012 6:22:12 PM
No, you have no shot. I've been secretly stock piling all the hot chicks for my post zombie apocalypse harem. Sorry bro, youre not pretty enough to repopulate the human race
 dreamfire
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2012 6:57:14 PM
Here's a clue......

Hot girls want hot guys
Average girls want hot guys
ugly girls want hot guys.

So, while you've widened your scope, the women have narrowed theirs to less than 1 percent of the male population.

You could do what the 'experts' do; cruise the 'Will Respond' list for the 4's and carefully pick out the most desperate sounding, unhealthy woman you can find, then you can come back to the forums and brag about what a stud you are.......

or

live your life, do things you enjoy and get out into the real world and participate and open yourself to the possibilities of encountering women with similar interests. Forget this dump and don't ever look back.
 gourmetliving
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2012 6:58:00 PM
To be honest, any above average looking girl on this site, is getting HUNDREDS of messages per day. It's window shopping. While it is hard for some men to meet women in real life (schedules, lac of confidence, etc), I believe that the average guy has an above average chance if he actually has the confidence to initiate a conversation with a "hottie".

Best pick up line: HI

Don't forget, with all the make up, push up bras, and waist line controlling garments, many of these women only APPEAR
to be hot.

You consider yourself to be in a league below them, and until that perception changes, it will be your reality. Tits and A$$ don't mean they are above you. Never lose sight of that.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/11/2012 7:05:05 PM

To be honest, any above average looking girl on this site, is getting HUNDREDS of messages per day. It's window shopping.

Let me fix that for you.

To be honest, any above average looking girl on this site, is getting HUNDREDS of messages per day. From guys they are not interested in.

Ergo it does not matter how many emails you get it only matters getting an email from the one you are interested in.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do average looking guys have a chance?