Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why would a guy go as far as to make plans then blow you off?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MovingOn2Day
Msg: 1
Why would a guy go as far as to make plans then blow you off?Page 1 of 1    
I have exchanged numbers with two guys off of pof and we text back and forth for a couple weeks or so. Eventually we decide we should meet. We make plans, where, what time, ect. Then on the day of i'll ask if we are still on and they completely ignore me! They are still on pof but dont ever text me back.
I dont get it. These guys would text me "good morning", "HOpe your day is good". They started the conversations.
They would say they were really excited to meet me and so on. Its so confusing.
Why would someone do that?
 Rosiehere
Msg: 2
Why would a guy go as far as to make plans then blow you off?
Posted: 5/11/2012 10:44:18 PM
Their not who they say they are so can't meet you. Not their picture or their picture 20 years ago. Lot's of reasons, don't take it personally.
 Reveal1K
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2012 10:56:49 PM
Many reasons. When it happens though, just move on. What kind of man will tell you he's going to meet up with you, and then chicken out or not even tell you why? Probably not a man you'd want to date.
 neck romancer
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2012 11:03:03 PM
they may have chickened out because you are out of their league.
Posted: 5/11/2012 11:30:17 PM
did you ever actually speak with them on the phone?

also, you've been here for nine months. are these the only men you've gotten to the stage of wanting to meet?
 Dork_Vader27
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/12/2012 12:19:23 AM
I've found that people do this for the following reasons (typically).

1. They have an addiction of some kind. To sum it up people who have addictions are not reliable. If their plans conflict with their addiction the majority of the time the addiction will win.
2. They are not being honest. Wether they aren't who they say they are. Are in a relationship. Something a long those lines..
3. They simply aren't all that attracted to you. Maybe it's your personality. Maybe you said something that turned them off.. But they made plans with the hopes that things would change.

I think you're cute and i don't really see the few extra pounds. So i doubt it's your physical appearance.

The few times that i've done this it's been because i wasn't all that attracted to the woman. But i still some what pursued it because i wanted some form of companionship. But decided the day of i didn't want too spend the money on the date or lower my standards.

What ever the reason it's nothing more then dust on your shoulder brush it off and be happy they decided to walk away early.
 MaximumPower
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/12/2012 12:35:33 AM
Here is the fault: "we text back and forth for a couple weeks or so. Eventually we decide we should meet."

If the "we text back and forth" is longer than a couple days then you totally destroyed the other person's confidence. You were perceived (right or wrong) as not bringing enough into the relationship.
 russell5417
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/12/2012 1:31:20 AM
Like the others have said, something is seriously wrong, it really doesn't matter exactly what that is.

Don't waste any more time on him/her/it.

You are an attractive young lady.........so sadly, you will attract all kinds of morons while seeking what you are looking for.
 unclezeus
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/12/2012 1:49:05 AM
I have exchanged numbers with two guys off of pof and we text back and forth for a couple weeks or so.

That was just stupid. Why the hell would you give some bozo your number and text for 2 weeks.

You tell the next guy, "I'll meet you tomorrow at 5, at the place on the corner". You don't play these retarded texting games back and forth typing about crap you like and don't like.
You woman up, he needs to man up, and get your freaking butts out from behind the computer screen and join the rest of organic society and deal with life.

If he says he can't meet you tomorrow and tries to say lets just text for awhile while dumbass tries to get to know you , tell him to #@ck off and stop wasting your time.

Why would someone do that?

Because bozo is in social-retard lala land trying to pump air into his balls, and couldn't do it.

as not bringing enough into the relationship

Its not a relationship yet. Don't say "relationship, when you talk to these people. Not even freaking close to a relationship. You don't even know if they have bad breath yet. Its a meeting. JUST a freaking meeting for about one hour or less. Maybe only 20 minutes. Time enough to say hello , and be social, or relize you can't do this, start to wimper, piss you pants and run away to clamber under your bed and cry. Or something.
 scottey63
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2012 2:02:56 AM
I don't get why anyone relies on texting to make plans. When I ask a woman on a date, it's over the phone, in real time. I'm beginning to think the term "smartphone" is a huge misnomer.
 grantfl80
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/12/2012 3:30:56 AM
Maybe show a little more cleavage in your main photo and you won't get blown off...

G
 Primemover34
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2012 6:25:30 AM
I agree with all of the good reasons people have given on here. I agreee 100% with the txting for two weeks. As I've said in a few threads before, if you txt only you are just begging to get flaked on!

Talk, voice communication establishes the necessary rapport to make somebody actually want to show up somewhere and meet you.

IMHO, even waiting two weeks before actually meeting isn't so bad if you've talked a few times.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2012 6:39:20 AM
Texting is a poor away to set up a meeting. It is okay to confirm a meeting as a quick reminder though. But texting back and forth without meeting these guys is a mistake, because they could have been under aged boys? This is why meeting is so important.
 minervyx
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2012 7:20:23 AM
Not to intentionally hurt you, but rather because they realized they made a commitment they couldnt or did not want follow through on, so they ignored you the cowardly way.
 grove_22
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/12/2012 9:38:19 AM
He got cold feet, better plans ( from his perspective ) came up, he was married or in a relationship among other possible reasons. He didn't have the courtesy or courage to be upfront with you. As for texting vs calling, this could have happened even they had spoken by phone. Some women have flaked out on me after we had agreed to a date during a phone call.
 Tribuit789
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/12/2012 9:39:36 AM
goes both ways, women do it too.
 MovingOn2Day
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/12/2012 9:59:51 AM
Thanks! Makes me feel better.
 AsianCupidCutie
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/12/2012 10:00:00 AM
OP,

Texting for that long before meeting is never a good idea. As for myself, I prefer a short phone call just to say hi. It avoids miscommunication problems and you also get a feel of whether or not you guys will get along. If you keep texting, it prolongs plans or goes as to far to the point where you never meet.

As for these guys who bail out, I think it does happen on here alot...I find that alot of ppl aren't all that serious about meeting someone or they are too busy giving out their number to several ppl at the same time. As for the ones who were serious...it was often the case that they made the effort to pick up the phone to call me to introduce themselves and make plans to meet up. Most men don't like talking on the phone, but if they are that serious about meeting, they WILL phone you just to hear your voice. I find alot of guys are more so into texting though. Just tell the guy you prefer a brief phone call over texting. Also the sooner you meet, the better.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why would a guy go as far as to make plans then blow you off?