Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why do girls lie to themselves?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RsPcTfL
Msg: 1
Why do girls lie to themselves?Page 1 of 1    
Just wondering why do girls say looks don't matter when they obviously do. They also say be honest because I am and I will tell you the truth, ask me, you will get a reply if you ask.......be funny, sense of humor is a must, easy going, be real, so on and so forth....they forget to write BE HOT and all those things too, hahahaha.
If you read my profile you will see that Iam being honest and calls it like it is and yet no body replies not even to say no thank you, even thou they say they will. Iam pretty sure Iam not the only guy here that feels that way.
Iam not trying to be mean and no Iam not an ***hole, I am just keeping it real like y'all women want.
Seriously girls if you are looking for a model you will probably won't find it here because those guys don't need the help of these sites and usually they are douche bags.,... just sayin'
Now y'all have yourselves a nice day. Peace!!!
 Tribuit789
Msg: 2
Why do girls lie to themselves?
Posted: 5/14/2012 5:51:42 PM
I know op right? Like you know all members of the female population! You seem to have it down..... Seriously dude, go to profile review and try not to take this site seriously, me and alot of guys here are w/o luck. But it's not going to stop me from meeting people
 RsPcTfL
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/14/2012 5:57:53 PM
Pay attention to their profile they are almost a carbon copy one from the other, hahaha.
And what is these profile review you speak of, sorry man, new to this whole dating site thing .
And the thing is if you are getting to meet people tell me your secret man, cuz that's at least what I was hoping to get out of this, but nobody replies to anything hahahaha.
 Tribuit789
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/14/2012 6:01:10 PM
Like i said, i haven't had luck on here either. I've had better luck meeting women outside of this site. Hell, the last girl i dated was a knockout dancer. Unfortunatly we just didn't have chemestry. Anyway, dont depend on this site to meet people. Everyone in my immediate family is married. How did they meet the person they are with? Not by from here
 RsPcTfL
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/14/2012 6:04:12 PM
hahaha Dumb question..am I OP? hahaha cuz I thinked you mentioned something about my profile and I think I fixed it, hahaha
 mrmisterme
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2012 6:05:26 PM
If you read my profile you will see that Iam being honest and calls it like it is and yet no body replies not even to say no thank you, even thou they say they will. Iam pretty sure Iam not the only guy here that feels that way.

I saw your profile and noticed that you're separated.

To most women, separated = still married. Most women won't go out with a married man (especially if he only wants to date).
 PaminSD
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2012 6:17:26 PM
Its too bad you dont have a picture that shows your eyes. Your profile also says separated and you are not looking for anything serious right now and that you work a lot and have a daughter. Does not sound like you have much time for dating or starting a relationship with someone.

I personally dont think you are not getting dates because you are not a model - you just have a lot going on and in my opinion, I really dont want to be last on the totem pole - not expecting to come before work or children, just not going to be last.

Otherwise, you are very good looking!
 Tribuit789
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/14/2012 6:19:09 PM
ahahha betty you rule. And seriously nhra, you too? This is a website with people that you never met. Get over it already! I am no ladies man by any manner but am i going to allow this website to bring me down just cause i haven't had luck? Give me a break. I do better IRL, i suggest both of you guys do the same
 MisterAndersonn
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/14/2012 6:20:54 PM

thank you OP, great post! i agree 1000% ive been sayi8ng this for months, women on here can care less about profiles, personality, humor, nice guys ect ect, all they want is male models full of muscles and cash lots of it. they lie, im a great guy, but that got me over 150 messages only 2 responses for coffee dates and blown off both times, i know im ugly and not a lot of money, and thats all women want, is a great looking guy with cash its so sad the shallowness on here :(

I know I'm a youngin' but you, and many others should read on:

Ever heard of the phrase "You get what you pay for"? Of course you have - but you just need a reminder. On PoF, you paid nothing, so you get probably nothing - although there can be exception, but that is besides the point I'm making here.

Want to be in a more serious dating pool? Go to a paid website where jokers (attenion wh0res) aren't filling the pond with poison. Most of the girls/ladies that come here are serious at FIRST... however once they realize all the attention they can be getting here, they go from being serious, to playing a game... this game consists of trying to figure out which picture of themselves, or what kind of information on their profile can get them even more attention! Also during this process, they play the "next best thing" game as well... this is where they keep waiting for a hotter and hotter or "better" and "better" guy to message them, and they end up not really talking to ANYone.

I understand that is MOSTLY true for the younger age daters here, but not entirely. PoF is great for what it is. A free dating website. Keyword is FREE, so it's quantity over quality.

On a paid website, you avoid:

* Girls who just want attention - they won't front the money for something "not serious."
* Fake profiles - the chances of someone paying money to make a fake profile with fake pictures is extremely low
* Message games - on a paid website, the audience/subscribers are serious about finding someone... and as such, they are far less likely to play message games or wait for the "most amazing" message... they simply bite after the person they feel they can work something out with.

Good luck - and stop taking this site so seriously. Everyone.
 Landra2
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2012 6:21:05 PM
Looks do matter, but as I posted elsewhere-- he was older, had gray hair, and a paunch. I adored him.
 Tribuit789
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/14/2012 6:27:53 PM
I wanted to add to landra's post, a guy i used to be roomates with, he's engaged now. His soon to be wife is very cute, awesome girl with a terrific smile, very attractive. Him? He's my hight (5-9) now im that hight and weigh 175lbs thanx to weight loss, as for him, 240lbs..BTW He dosen't make 6 digits a year. Just saying, thats all
 theforumfiend
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2012 6:38:41 PM
The paid site suggestion just slays me.
Seriously. Most of the people on them are also on here. One thing that cracked me up on the paid sites were all the unpaid members trying to get around paying by trying to sneak their email into the body of their profiles. Yeah, paid sites are soooooooo much better - not. Besides, do you want to pay for rejection?

Looks do matter. Men aren't thrilled when a woman that looks like me writes him either and most ignore me. You just have to be patient. And get that divorce - it really is female repellent, especially online.
 DeerTaint
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/14/2012 6:40:53 PM
I hate that I keep lying to myself. I can't figure out why. Thanks for explaining it for me.
 RsPcTfL
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/14/2012 6:47:37 PM
[quote I saw your profile]

So should I just lie and say Im single. I do understand that most guys that are separated end up gping back to their wives...not this cat, divorce just hasn't gone thru but the relationship has been over. , and I thought about that but I can not explain to the whole worl what my situation is, but I get what you say
 RsPcTfL
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/14/2012 6:56:12 PM
well Pamin,I understand everything you say, but again Iam not gonna lie about whats going on with my life just to get girls attention, because the I wouldn't be real. Im pretty sure if there was at least one lady that was interested shew woud take sometime and ask questions to see what is going on and not just pass me by. But thx for your input.
Now if you excuse me Im gonna go and lie to see if I get any results hahaha I'll just change my status to single, hahaha
 RsPcTfL
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/14/2012 7:03:01 PM
Oh and Pamin thx for the compliment!!!
 newonthescene76
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2012 7:14:55 PM

Now if you excuse me Im gonna go and lie to see if I get any results hahaha I'll just change my status to single, hahaha

and now any women who decide to converse with you will probably end up not being with you because you lied. So why do it? Don't lie, it won't help you attract women.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why do girls lie to themselves?