Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Bald women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TruthGrower
Msg: 1
Bald womenPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
So if a woman is bald, is she less lilely to get dates? Bald women can be sexy too. A bald woman can be slender, fit and attractive, too, as long as she doesn't comb it over. If a woman has a bald patch, maybe she should just shave her entire scalp. If you can't hide something, make it a feature.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 2
Bald women
Posted: 5/19/2012 11:09:34 PM
I was bald when I had chemo--you are a guy would you date a bald woman?
 laskoboo
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 5/20/2012 3:50:35 AM
Baldness can be from too much male hormone.......

I guess some men like women with beards and sideburns, are you one of them?
lol

I can see it now, a fit woman ( the most desirable) who shaves her head and has a well groomed beard....
yes every mans dream.
lol
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 4
Bald women
Posted: 5/20/2012 8:15:42 AM
I think you will find most women who are bald will wear a wig or a hat. Yes I have had female friends lose thier hair while going through chemo and one of them looked quite attractive despite being sick.

Bald women are a bit like bald men. Some can pull off that look and some cannot. There was Persis Khambatta as Lieutenant Ilia in the 1979 feature film Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Sinéad O'Connor had that look for awhile I thought it worked well for both of them.

Bald seems to have become quite fashionable for women if you are looking at them upside down.
 carelesswhisper00
Msg: 5
Bald women
Posted: 5/20/2012 6:36:07 PM
Most women who are bald prefer to wear a wig. I have seen some rather pretty women who had to endure chemotherapy go bald and yet they wore makeup, dressed nicely and it didn't seem to bother them at all that they did not cover their heads, kuddos to those who feel this way. I have also viewed women who are balding in areas and teasing their hair can work for some depending on how much hair they have, yet I don't think they prefer to shave their head due to their baldness. I think it just depends on the woman and how she feels.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:27:37 AM
my step-daughter was bald during and after chemotherapy ... she also lost a few not entirely necessary body parts ...

when she was bald, she also had a puffed face ... neither particularly attractive but she was feeling so miserable otherwise that I doubt she cared how pretty she was or wasn't ...

after the chemo ... her face slimmed back down, she wore some really cute hats ... now her head's covered with a silvery blonde cap of hair that's quite becoming ... really cute! ... and she's grateful for it, even though I'm sure she misses all the long red tresses from before the cancer ...

personally, I think she's more beautiful than ever before! I grin whenever she's around or I see her picture ... because she's still with us!

congratulations to everyone out there who's survived cancer!
 just1744
Msg: 7
Bald women
Posted: 5/21/2012 6:16:12 AM
I was bald when I first started here at POF. (Chemo induced.)
I actually got more attention then, lol!

When I started back to work, my hair was short short short. The women loved it, the men... not so much.

I much prefer my long hair to being bald.
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 5/21/2012 7:22:59 AM
I'm another who has experienced chemo-induced baldness. When I was bald, I felt it to be a very liberating experience. There were no bad hair days, no blow drying, curling or fussing trying to get my hair just right and washing my scalp in the shower was a lickety-split procedure. I did avail myself of a wig from the Wig Lending Bank at my local Canadian Cancer Society offices. I think I wore that wig on three occasions; the rest of the time I went bald or had on my favourite chemo cap. I am not a vain person.

In two weeks time, I will once again enter hospital and will be receiving chemo amongst other procedures. I will lose my hair once again. Becoming bald is the least of my concerns. Once again, I did select a wig from the Wig Lending Bank but I suspect that this wig will get about as much exposure as the last wig did - very minimal.

I have encountered people who are uncomfortable with women with bald heads. I look upon it as being their problem, not mine. I am fighting the fight of my life for the second time in three and a half years and if they are uncomfortable with a chemo-induced bald-headed woman, they'd best hope they never have to experience cancer themselves.
 just1744
Msg: 9
Bald women
Posted: 5/21/2012 7:30:27 AM
Damn, Tinker, I'm sorry to hear that news.
I tried the wig route, but hated it. Bandannas were my best friend.

You're right though, baldness on a woman makes some folks very uncomfortable. My ex-boss was one of them! The funniest was my autistic kid, who is non-verbal. I would go bald at home, but wear bandannas in public. The ex played in a band, and wore a wild, curly wig... which is also the kind of hair I used to have. My autistic kiddo went and got his Dads costume wig and brought it to me!!! lol, made me smile.

My prayers are with you.
 darknight48
Msg: 10
Bald women
Posted: 5/21/2012 7:54:34 AM
no prob dating bald woman-works for gail porter-sinead o conner
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 11
Bald women
Posted: 5/21/2012 11:11:44 AM
What is on a person's head is not nearly as important as what is in a person's head...and heart. Inner beauty supersedes baldness every time. (men and women)
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 5/21/2012 7:22:27 PM
Damn, Tink, NO!!! (Adding you to my prayer list.)

I just had a real close brush with bald. I lost about three quarters of my hair from starvation. (NOT voluntary!) I didn't much like it, and don't, but had it gotten any worse, I would have just gone ahead and shaved it down. (I do have one recent pic up with it as it is.) And likely made some of the bows they make for bald baby girls (which I was). No use fighting what is -- ruins your day. But also gotta say I'd be a bit leery of a guy who *wanted* a bald lady. . . . It's growing back now, and is a bit curlier than what I lost, and it's going to take years to forever to get back to where it was. C'est la vie.
 dkchocolate8792
Msg: 13
Bald women
Posted: 5/22/2012 6:37:47 PM
I am a bald woman; my head is clean shaven. I get dates. I've met men who believe I'm sexy with the bald head. It is a man's preference to date a bald woman. I've been shaving my head for about 7 years now. I love it!
 russell5417
Msg: 14
Bald women
Posted: 5/23/2012 12:12:53 AM
The last woman I had a relationship with was bald due to a thyroid condition.........or the medication she had to take for it.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 5/23/2012 12:13:41 AM
baldness on the right woman has a sexy exoticism to it, i think. like any other hairstyle, it works better with some features than with others.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 5/23/2012 12:52:23 AM
OP...you're a man, why would you be asking this question.....do you plan on becoming a bald woman? Get the sex change taken care of first......then worry about your head!
 spokesman
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 5/23/2012 7:11:00 PM
This truly is what counts. My ex had alopecia, and wore a wig most of the time, but in private time she took it off.
Lots more face to kiss..
I would date a bald woman again. Not her though.
S
 sgdess60
Msg: 18
Bald women
Posted: 5/26/2012 5:34:59 PM
What is on a person's head is not nearly as important as what is in a person's head...and heart. Inner beauty supersedes baldness every time. (men and women)

SmartBlonde, I agree.

I also love "What good is a $200 haircut on a fifty cent head?"
 onehappyfellow
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 5/26/2012 5:44:12 PM
All other things being equal baldness would not be a critical factor.
 stevieharmon1
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 9/7/2012 6:59:36 AM
I think bald women are way more sexy than their hairy counterparts. I find bald women to be so sexy. I only wish more women would give this look a try. I am looking for a sweet bald girl to date and hope it will lead to more. Bald women are so seductive and exotic. I would think they would get way more dates. I love bald women.
 marybuckeye
Msg: 21
Bald women
Posted: 9/7/2012 8:05:40 AM

Bald seems to have become quite fashionable for women if you are looking at them upside down.

*giggle*
 Hawke101e
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Bald women
Posted: 9/8/2012 12:08:39 AM
Beauty can be more than physical attraction. Ok as a man I admit that I am strongly visually stimulated and it is strong drive but it is not the only drive for me. Some one that is a kind person gets huge points and someone that is very smart gets really big points. Many years ago while I was an undergrad student in second year accounting I made friends with a balding girl. From the very front she looked normal but the top and back she was clearly balding like a middle age man. She was very popular and her baldness did not seem to hold her back at all. Well one day the prof announces some very bad news. Our class was randomly selected to take the full cpa exam despite the fact we were only second year students.
Our prof was a very cool guy and declared this was completely unfair and he was going to the Dean about getting it stopped. He could not do it as it was someone above the dean was forcing the issue, someone with accreditation. He did strongly imply that we should cheat and bring notes and he would look the way as best he could. Well my friend had a plan and said to show up early monday morning and all would be ok. She would not tell us what she was doing only that she was going to fight fire with fire. As I said she had many friends and her male baldness certainly did not hold her back one bit. Over the weekend on of friends in low places (janitor) had located the test and turned it over to her and she had made all of her friends copies. Of course the prof figured out what was going on and said whoever pulled it off deserved an A+ for outsmarting an unfair situation. She was even more popular after that quick thinking stunt!

I freely admit that even at my current age I would be embarrassed to have a bald spot because it seems like a loss of self control and that is something I am sensitive about..But can you imagine having one in your early 20's and being a woman at that. Yet she handled it so well that it was completely a non issue and I would have dated her in a New York second if she didn't already have a boyfriend. So ladies, if you are bald, yet a kind or a very smart person there are guys out here that would have no issues with it at all. I cannot speak for all men but being a good person and and very intelligent person can overide the strong visual attraction that we males are born with.
 ~Scoundrel~
Msg: 23
Bald women
Posted: 9/8/2012 3:10:01 AM
One of the girls I'm seeing has a mohawk. Does that count as bald?
 vestaceres
Msg: 24
Bald women
Posted: 9/8/2012 5:38:33 AM
Mohawks are sexy, too. I wish I had the proverbial gonads to get one - multi-coloured, too.
 vestaceres
Msg: 25
Bald women
Posted: 9/8/2012 5:43:26 AM
tinkerbellcgy: best wishes and take care.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Bald women