Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > a kiss on the cheek...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SpleenPoetry
Msg: 1
view profile
History
a kiss on the cheek...Page 1 of 1    
Hi guys,

I am wanting to know, especially from the men here....

after a date he kisses you on the cheek.....What does that mean?

Why do you kiss a woman on the cheek?

Does it mean, you're sweet but no thanks? Does it mean you see her as a friend? Does it mean I like you?

Just curious to see if there is something about a kiss on the cheek at the end of a date......or even nothing at all??

thanks a lot in advance!
 neck romancer
Msg: 2
view profile
History
a kiss on the cheek...
Posted: 6/10/2012 2:58:56 AM
there is no definitive answer here.... only he knows.
But heres my guess. If I did that it most likely would be me thinking its the safe move. Its kissing you without being too forward or presumptuous.
Im guessing its a good thing and hes being a gentleman.
 manfromthesouth
Msg: 3
a kiss on the cheek...
Posted: 6/10/2012 3:26:36 AM
Oh how sweet...

In this town if a guy hasn't propositioned a woman within the first five minutes of them meeting he's clearly gay or playing mind games! (Oh! Darn it! My sarcasm is loose again! Better put that away before someone steps on it and hurts themselves...)

As above... Only he knows! And what does it matter anyway... if you like spending time with him then what does it matter if you're friends or lovers?
 JustDeserts
Msg: 4
a kiss on the cheek...
Posted: 6/10/2012 3:41:36 AM
Don't spite yourself by being analytical. Let things unfold naturally. If the man likes you or sees you as a friend, you will know soon enough. Don't pick him apart like a dead chicken. It's a waste of time and energy. If you try to get inside a man's head you will be like a homeless person.
 flaneur001
Msg: 5
view profile
History
a kiss on the cheek...
Posted: 6/10/2012 4:09:16 AM
You live in the Netherlands - it's common when you meet someone or say good bye to kiss someone on the cheek. It really doesn't mean anything. You have to spend more time with him to figure out his level of interest.
 SpleenPoetry
Msg: 6
view profile
History
a kiss on the cheek...
Posted: 6/10/2012 4:16:08 AM
well even though I'm from the Netherlands, it's not that common for me- I only kiss family or close friends on the cheek. So do my friends.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 7
view profile
History
a kiss on the cheek...
Posted: 6/10/2012 5:00:18 AM

I am wanting to know, especially from the men here....

after a date he kisses you on the cheek.....What does that mean?
What you will find in this thread is it depends on the guy. I would of GREETED YOU with a hug and a kiss one the cheek. If our date ENDS with a kiss on the cheek that means I am not interested in you romantically. My dates that I anticipate additional dates from end with a kiss on the mouth ALWAYS. Some guys on here just appear to be woosies and have no idea how to approach a woman for a proper good night kiss. So your answers to this question will vary wildly.

Why do you kiss a woman on the cheek?
Because I cant imagine ever kissing you on the mouth.

Does it mean, you're sweet but no thanks? Does it mean you see her as a friend? Does it mean I like you?
Means I am not viewing you with romantic possibilities.

Cowboy
 Stu-m-81
Msg: 8
a kiss on the cheek...
Posted: 6/10/2012 5:12:24 AM
It means what ever you & he need it to mean at that moment.

How did you respond to it...?
 Rheostatic
Msg: 9
view profile
History
a kiss on the cheek...
Posted: 6/10/2012 5:59:45 AM
Cowboy has one way of viewing the world which is a bit different from the rest of world. A kiss on the cheek does not make a guy a wuss. It could very well mean he's in to you but doesn't want to come across as too forward.

Anyways, I wouldn't worry about it. You're thinking too much. At least it wasn't a kiss onthe forehead.
 Walts
Msg: 10
view profile
History
a kiss on the cheek...
Posted: 6/10/2012 6:06:04 AM
Well, a kiss on the first cheek is a prelude to what comes next,,,,a kiss on the other cheek, than a little lick on the lower back,slowly making my way down between those cheeks...... Ahhhh, cripers. You were talking those OTHER cheeks!!!!!

Sorry.

My bad.

Again.
 Rheostatic
Msg: 11
view profile
History
a kiss on the cheek...
Posted: 6/10/2012 6:18:25 AM

Well, a kiss on the first cheek is a prelude to what comes next,,,,a kiss on the other cheek, than a little lick on the lower back,slowly making my way down between those cheeks...... Ahhhh, cripers. You were talking those OTHER cheeks!!!!!

Oh, you...
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 12
view profile
History
a kiss on the cheek...
Posted: 6/10/2012 6:55:23 AM

Cowboy has one way of viewing the world which is a bit different from the rest of world. A kiss on the cheek does not make a guy a wuss
And your one of the guys probably starting threads here asking if you should end the date with a hug or a handshake after spending hours with a gal and thinking the date went well. And then wondering why she no longer answers your texts and messages.

I know at the end of the date if she was into me I promise ya. I have never yet had one end with a good kiss that didnt also include another date. If I have to wait multiple dates for a kiss then we are not a match. Pretty simple. I dont need 3 dates to decide if I will kiss a gal. I know in 5 minutes if I want to kiss her. The rest of the date revolves around how to make sure that happens.

Guys if you just spent several hours with a gal and you honestly think it went well you should try to kiss her goodnight. I am not talking some lizard kiss make out session. But a sweet goodnight kiss as you leave her gives you both something to look forward to on the next date. If there is no short sweet good night kiss I assume she was not into me and there is no need to continue. Good lord this is not like trying to have sex on the first night! Or r all night etc....We are talking a sweet kiss goodnight here.

Cowboy
 Orgulloso
Msg: 13
a kiss on the cheek...
Posted: 6/10/2012 6:59:19 AM
OP,

I think the gist of your inquiry is, you expected / preferred something more intimate / passionate. A full kiss on the lips per se.

As most have posted it depends on the person and you're probably over-analyzing this.

On my last date we said our good-nights and intially ended it with a kiss on the cheek. I sensed that was not how neither of us wanted the night to end. So I turned around and she was still standing right where I'd left her, walked back and kissed her full on the lips. We smiled, hugged and kissed a second time.

On the drive home she called, and during the conversation I asked her about the kisses. She said they were great and not over-doing the whole first date dynamic.

I'm usually not a full kiss on first date type, but with this particular woman the "vibe" was different so I went for it.

I don't know if that helps you any, but we need those "signals" to feed off of.

Regards,

G
 Rheostatic
Msg: 14
view profile
History
a kiss on the cheek...
Posted: 6/10/2012 7:05:34 AM
And your one of the guys probably starting threads here asking if you should end the date with a hug or a handshake after spending hours with a gal and thinking the date went well. And then wondering why she no longer answers your texts and messages.

I never start threads here. I actually agree with 90% of the things you say, but I also recognize it's not the ONLY line of thinking.

And I think exactly the same as you on this matter. I'd go for a kiss on the lips before a kiss on the cheek, but I think it's ridiculous to over-analyze it. A kiss on the cheek could mean a lot of things, only one of them being "thanks, but no thanks".
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 15
view profile
History
a kiss on the cheek...
Posted: 6/10/2012 7:19:10 AM
In Greece is it customary to kiss any stranger on the cheek as you greet them and bid them farewell. Basically, there is no way to know if this guy is interested or he is really shy. Maybe you should ask him? :P
 ohenryx
Msg: 16
view profile
History
a kiss on the cheek...
Posted: 6/10/2012 8:56:37 AM
I have never kissed a woman on the cheek at the end of a date. I have had women turn their face, and offer their cheek, when I went in for that good night kiss. This is what's known as the "kiss of death".
 BlaineV
Msg: 17
view profile
History
a kiss on the cheek...
Posted: 6/10/2012 10:47:54 AM
He probably didn't want to come on too strong, but it also depends on how long you've been dating. If it was a first date, even a kiss on the cheek might seem kind of forward. It was a 15th date, then you're just a friend.

Only way to know for sure is to ask him.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 18
a kiss on the cheek...
Posted: 6/10/2012 11:02:20 AM
Ask him. That's the only way you're going to get any type of useful answer.

Some people do that to people who are only friends, some do it when there's an interest, and some even do it to literally everyone as a greeting or a "goodbye".
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > a kiss on the cheek...