Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Expect us to stay off of dating sites before meeting?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MyNameWasTaken2
Msg: 1
Expect us to stay off of dating sites before meeting?Page 1 of 1    
I had an unusual situation arise yesterday and I am still a bit dumbfounded by it.
I met a gal on here and we started emailing back and forth, then went to the phone and talked and texted. We agreed to meet up this coming weekend and I thought everything was going great.

Yesterday, I log on to this site and the other site I'm on to check my mail, and she texts me and says I'm still looking at other women and that I am not focusing my attention enough on her and good luck finding what I am looking for, bye.

Seriously wtf? We hadn't even met in person yet. I guess I should have taken a hint when we talked on the phone, she asked me if and when I meet someone on here, if I would be willing to get off the dating sites. I told her absolutely I would if I were in a relationship with someone, I would love nothing better than to get off of here. I guess her definition of a relationship and mine are two different things. I at least have to meet someone face to face and actually want to date them.

Is this what I am to expect from these sites? If so, I'm not sure my skin is thick enough.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Expect us to stay off of dating sites before meeting?
Posted: 6/11/2012 6:48:27 AM
No, you'll get some of these though - every crowd's got a couple people in it that aren't real logical. What was she doing there to know you were on? Yeah be grateful these types of women show their cards nice and early on so you can weed them out.
 MyNameWasTaken2
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/11/2012 6:54:35 AM
When I questioned her about what she meant by it all, she said that she hasn't been on the sites since we started talking and expected the same from me and was only on to "deactivate" or hide her account... Craziness
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/11/2012 7:00:24 AM
I'll say that I'm surprised you've been here since Valentine's Day and haven't found at least 10 different ways to be dumbfounded by anyone until yesterday.

I am not focusing my attention enough on her and good luck finding what I am looking for, bye. Seriously wtf?

You really should be thankful when people self-eliminate from your life that easily. We should all be so lucky. We are sitting around wondering why some people didn't self-eliminate a little sooner.

she said that she hasn't been on the sites since we started talking

Cool so then your next question was how she knew you were online if she wasn't ever on the sites since talking to you?? Because it really is kinda fun to hoist these demented people on their own petards for about a minute and a half....

I'm not sure my skin is thick enough.

Wait, you just got through complaining about somebody else's thin skin but now you're saying you have the same problem. "I see" said the blind man.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/11/2012 7:05:12 AM

Is this what I am to expect from these sites? If so, I'm not sure my skin is thick enough.
I think we all have at sometime been shocked by the presumptions of others when using this site. The main thing to remember is this medium exposes us all to a larger number of people and therefore we are likely to encounter new views and a variety of expectations.

Personally, I see no harm in someone continuing to look especially when they have yet to meet the person with whom they have set up an initial meet/date. It seems that often times these don't actually happen or when they do, it's clearly evident that the two people are not a match.

I tend to date exclusively - it's simply what sits right with me. That said, I am certainly aware that others have their own code of conduct which is right for them. All you can do, is what feels right to you.
 grove_22
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/11/2012 7:20:08 AM
You're better off without this woman. Expecting to be exclusive before the first date / meeting is going overboard.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2012 7:24:53 AM
Id just tell her you are not changing any 1 thing about your routine for someone you have not even met yet.

The lady needs to know her place in your life, in that she doesnt yet have one! lololol!!

There are a lot of odd ducks in this pond....
 Abbbey12345
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/11/2012 7:29:44 AM
You met a nut case IMO. Date two she would expect an engagement ring. Feel lucky you did not waste an evening out with her.
 Silent Steel
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2012 8:10:15 AM
I am not sure why your response to her doing so, was for you to run to the forums to ask about it, rather then saying to yourself "WHEW thank god I avoided that cluster fvck of a woman!"
 scottey63
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2012 9:06:52 AM
Yes, be glad you had little time and no money invested in her before you found out she's Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!
 curvesweetblonde99
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/11/2012 10:06:42 AM
Quite frankly, she sounds like an insecure jealous control-freak weirdo. It's definitely NOT normal to be expected to stop all dating pursuits before you even meet someone. It's not even expected until after you become exclusive with someone, which is sometimes months after you meet them. I think you dodged a serious bullet there, OP.
 RyanReed
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/11/2012 10:30:44 AM
I would have told her to take a chill pill and realize that you are on simply to read up on her or show her to a friend you started convo with about meeting women online, because you very well could have been doing that, and that IS what I do often before I meet someone, I go back online and check them out a bit more, try to pick up on anything I might have missed, or something new considering the recent conversations we may have had.

If I were you I would tell her that, and then tell her that you are noticing her behavior as a red flag and if she wants a great man like you then she better shape up otherwise you will be taking her advice, but in hindsight.
 InMyOwnTime25
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/11/2012 10:33:50 AM
Wow, she's really needy. I've never heard of anyone asking for a commitment BEFORE MEETING. People even laugh at those who ask for commitments after the first date!
 Xavier_222
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/11/2012 10:37:47 AM
Sometimes when I'm talking to a girl and come back onto the site I feel the slightest bit guilty
and when they use the site, I feel the slightest bit jelous

but that being said, what can you do? You've not talked much, you've not known each other long, you've not even met..
If theres no formal statement that you're both supposed to be putting all your eggs into one basket, you shouldn't be expected to.

If she leaves over this, she's going to leave alot of guys for a very VERY long time.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2012 3:07:48 PM
Sounds like a CRAZY woman...thank God you didn't really invest any time with her. Imagine if you would have slept with her...she'd probably threaten to cut you if she thought you sniffed near another woman!

Bullet dodged...
 onlydateIF
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/11/2012 9:14:05 PM
Never make someone else's unrealistic expectations a problem for yourself. You're an adult, live by what works for you and adjust accordingly if you meet that someone special :)
 spacehopper76
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/12/2012 3:28:14 AM
plain an simple shes tapped
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/12/2012 3:40:02 AM
I bet she already had her bridal shower,..first date would be registering for wedding gifts..lol
you'll be ok you just dodged a crazy chick..
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Expect us to stay off of dating sites before meeting?