Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How long is the recovery time for men between orgasms?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Full_of_Grace67
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How long is the recovery time for men between orgasms?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I know that every man is different but I was wondering how long it takes men to be "good to go" again after an orgasm? Also, what do you think the differences between men could be? As in, why does it take some men longer etc. Is it age? Health? I know it's just theorizing but I'd love to know what some ppl think....

I've been with a 53 yr old and he can take his time while in me, then after, it only takes about 15 min or so for him to go again...Then I was with a 28 yr old and he came so quick every time, then most of the time he just couldn't manage to go again no matter what I did, much to my dismay, lol.

I've been able to "train/teach" some men to slow down their orgasm and hold off, but in between orgasms? I just don't know if there is anything I can do...I have tried waiting a bit and getting them turned on again, oral etc. But some of them just can't rise to the occasion, lol

I appreciate any and all comments...I know there are also women out there who know about these things and I'd be glad to hear their comments too.

Thanks!
 WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How long is the recovery time for men between orgasms?
Posted: 7/2/2012 10:22:12 AM
I can last for a bit if I go slow...and it takes me around 15-20 minutes to be ready for round two.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 10:24:15 AM
I've seen my partner, who's 28 (in case that's important for you to know), cum 2 or 3 times in an hour (or two). If he's highly aroused and really into what's going on, he doesn't get soft after the first orgasm.

I was with a 29 yo once who never did get fully hard, and I honestly don't know if he ever came or not.. condoms, new partner (unaware of responses), etc.

I've had partners who were good to go for round 2 in 15 minutes. I've had partners who took a lot longer, anywhere from a couple of hours to the next day.

There really won't be a one-size-fits-all answer to this.

What are the differences? Age, health, medications, stress levels, interest in the woman, level of energy/exhaustion, illness, disease/disorders... take your pick.
 Full_of_Grace67
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 10:27:01 AM
Well "Rusty" that doesn't surprise me one bit ;^ )

Delete for redundancy? I put in every possible thread title I could and didn't find anything. Maybe the person who voted could lead me to the obvious plethora of threads I'm missing?

No 1 bby I was hoping to hear from you! Thank you
 WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 10:31:08 AM
I ain't 'Rusty' anymore...hehheh
 scifichicky
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/2/2012 10:43:08 AM
About half hour seems average... Ten minutes of twitching, ten minutes of guzzling water, bathroom break, either light snack or cigarette, then go again.
 bilby886
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 11:10:43 AM
ey! scifichicky,
did you plant spy cams in my flat or some thing?
stop telling the others my super secrets! lol
 kirb32
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 11:12:35 AM
Well I can only accound for myself seeing as you know I am not into men... Usually for me when I get off I can keep going. The current woman I have been seeing the past week has been amazed by this. I get off a second time in about 20 to 30 min after the first and from that point just keep going w/o oragasm after that unless take an hour break or so but as long as she wants it I keep going without... Now there are on a few occasions where after my first it get extremely sensitive and hurts really bad in this case in about 5 min I am good to go. The currently woman I am seeing says I am going to kill her lol.
 bilby886
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 11:13:41 AM

Then I was with a 28 yr old

when this young guy starts cumming pinch it off at the base hard enough so nothing comes out and hold on for 5 minutes.

He'll be ready in ten minutes
 Pingshooter
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 11:43:45 AM
OP,

15-20 is normal for me.

But, as you have noted..it is going to differ, and that doesn't count the man being tired, out of his comfort level, medications..etc.

Secondly, some of us have lots of space where the blood needs to go..LOL..so that takes some time too.
Not bragging, just saying..we all differ.
 InFlight
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/2/2012 11:48:34 AM
Give me 20 minutes in between and some enthusiasm on your part, lol, I can go three or four times...But i do suppose its not just age or health..its alot to do with how into the experience a guy is...and his ability to pace himself.
 MrFication
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 11:52:02 AM
If you are referring to ejaculations, then a lot depends on how much rest, exercise, good food, last time to cum, etc. If I haven't emptied it out in a few weeks (long patrol on deployment), then I can blow the load in about 2 minutes and then say two or three minutes later fire off another.
If it is daily whacking I would say it takes about ten minutes after ejaculation before getting real hard again.
However, the question is orgasms....generally they are a few minutes of each other. The better ones can result in a semi that will take a minute or two to get fully erect again. Usually takes five or six before an ejaculation orgasm.
 billingsmason
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 11:57:39 AM
wow.... funny stuff.
so good to go again-
i can keep going after an orgasm, with just a lil slowing down, or pause to catch my breath. three in a row is pushing it and not all that comfortable for either one of us, but possible. thank god for frozen veggies....
think it has to do with "training". if he works at it, he can understand what makes him tick or whatever. you can too. spend some hours on the research and have fun.
i like to stay inside after and just be close. this is usually enough to get me going again, if i'm not carefull. lol. but sometimes it does take a lot of work to have an orgasm. sometimes i don't even have one... that's fine with me too.

you might try swinging it around a bit... get the blood moving. imagine one of the old dance routines with a cane...

ixnay on the violent pinching thing tho- owwwieowwwieowwwie
 Trevork52
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 12:08:21 PM
Seems to be a bit of a consistent theme here. If I can stay inside after orgasm comfortably and just cuddle and whisper then it doesn't take too long before I'm twitching and ready to go again. Spoons is awesome for this.

Trevor
 diemex
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 12:48:01 PM
20 minutes sounds about right.

I don't know if this is common but each subsequent session for me lasts longer and longer, ie first shot can happen real quick... but next one might take an hour...then 3'rd can be an all nighter.
 OutMind
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/2/2012 1:03:23 PM
I need 10 minutes. But that is 10 minutes with no physical stimulation of the penis at all. If she tries to cheat that time because she wants it back in, it will not work. My ex finally figured it out and she would then talk dirty about all the things she wanted me to do to her, and the different public places where she wanted me to f vck her. All along masturbating herself with her little BOB.
 want to travel
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 1:05:31 PM
was 10 minutes for me when I was younger, its now 30 minutes tops
if there is some 'help, sooner, and much more often lol
 tonguewiz
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 3:05:06 PM
20 years old? 80 seconds.

80 years old? 20 months.
 SlaveDriver8
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 3:14:47 PM
depending on the intensity of the first orgasm, anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 minutes. The less intense the first orgasm is, the faster the recovery time for round two.
 milehiguy12
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 3:20:27 PM
For me it's a matter of age. When i was in my 20's there were several times when I came and never lost my erection. As I get older the time gets a little longer. I think you may be looking at the wrong factors to your enjoyment. To put it simply........a man can cum just about any time he wants. If he wants to ensure his partners pleasure he will put off the big moment until the women is completely satisfied then enjoy his moment. Anything less than that, is being selfish. A female friend of mine that enjoys her sexuality said "I can fix most problems but net selfishness". If your partner isn't satisfying you the problem isn't with the length of time between erections but what he is doing with it.
 byak
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 3:29:18 PM
Three minutes.
 bigcalm
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/2/2012 3:32:34 PM
5 to 10 min...it depends on how hot it was.
 MacInOC
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/2/2012 3:51:31 PM
Short answer 15 - 20 minutes. Normally. Your mileage may vary.

That said, in my experience (like yours) it has varied greatly. It all depends on, oh heII, I don't really know. Drinking? Food? The woman? Tired? Stimulation? Morning, day or night? All can be factors.

If I'm tired and not into it - it's just not going to happen. At other times, the more I wanted to go again, the more it's not going to happen. LOL. Sometimes, I can orgams and keep going, working through the electrifying nerve pain for a couple on minutes and continue on a second time (look up "harsh handjob" or "psycho handjob" for examples of this).

Long answer, don't know. If anyone finds the secret to men's erections, please let me know.

Interesting fact - a rock hard erection is the result of muscles RELAXING.
 want to travel
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 3:55:08 PM
10, 20 years or more if she was lousy lol
 lookingforourfuture
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/2/2012 4:32:14 PM
I tend to be able to continue (most of the time) after my first orgasm, after the second or third it's sleepy-time and there is nothing I can do to stop or prevent it from happening. After that, it usually takes 30 - 40 minutes and I am good to go.

For me, part of the recovery revolves around my partner. The more she is enjoying herself and into it the quicker and more engaged I become.

Lastly, most of us in the forum have had "bad sex". If I find my mind wondering or if I am asking myself "why" during or after, recovery is not an option. In a healthy loving and supportive relationship, awkward intimacy happens, but for me it turns into a giggle fest, a pillow fight, or a pleasant experience of just enjoying being with one another. Other times, bad sex can be a symptom of something more insidious that is eating away at the relationship.

Overall, maturity does seem to play a part in a man's ability to 'manage' his experience thus contributing to his partner; maturity is not always an age thing.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How long is the recovery time for men between orgasms?