|Carolyn's Sensual Chilean Bass Filets with Crawfish & Crab Sauce & Sweet Potatoe FriesPage 1 of 1 |
|2 -4 Chilean Sea Bass filets (or Any light flaky fish will do)|
but please don't use catfish in that the meat is dense and the flavor is strong especially when it's fresh caught!
1 lb. crawfish tails including fat (fresh boiled)devained
1 container lump crab meat
2 shalotts minced
1/2 Tsp. garlic minced
3 TBSP fresh parsley chopped fine
1 stick of butter
3 TBS Light Olive Oil
3 TBS Flour
1 c. Half&Half
Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
1/2 Tsp. Sweet Paprika
Sweet Potatoe Fries
2 Medium sweet potatoes/yams
Cleaned and sliced into fries
and rinsed in cold water.
1 Tsp. cinnamon
1/4 Tsp. cardomum
1/4 Tsp ginger
1/4 Tsp. Coriander
2 TBSP light brown sugar
Kosher and Ground Black Pepper To taste
3 TBS Light Olive Oil for baking
1. Wash and pat dry bass filets, season with salt and ground black pepper then set aside.
2. In a saucepan on medium low to medium heat melt butter and add olive oil.
3. Add shallots,garlic and parsley, stir being careful not to burn vegetables.
4. Add flour and stir constinuously to make sure all the flour has been incorporated and make sure that the mixture is a smooth consistency and ensuring the flour gets cooked.
5. Add Half & Half, continue to stir until sauce thickens, add white pepper and then Crawfish and the crab meat, using a wooden spoon or silicone spatula being careful not to break up the crab meat to much when incorporating into the white sauce. Let cook about 1 minute.
6. Spoon sauce over fish filets and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove and sprinckle with paprika, then serve immediately.
7. Baked Sweet Potatoe Fries (these are not suppose to be crisp like regular fries) hense this is a healthy version, not much oil..okay. You could put them in the deep frier, but that would defeat the purpose in them being healthy ok!
8. Rinse french fries with cold water, let drain a little combine spices and sugar, sprinkle over fries evenly, place on a baking sheet, spread fries to insure they cook evenly.
9. Pour olive oil onto fries and bake at 350 degrees until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste then serve.
10. Add a simple salad, or grilled vegetables with a nice semi-sweet wine and have a wonderful evening. Have Fun!