Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Cannot register a friend      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kiwi_the_panda
Msg: 1
Cannot register a friendPage 1 of 1    
My friend wants to register for plenty of fish, but it keeps having multiple errors, such as "username already exists, or has invalid letters" or "please enter only the letters below the circles"

I know that the username isn't taken, and only contains letters and numbers. is there a way this can be fixed?
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Cannot register a friend
Posted: 7/13/2012 12:30:05 PM
No it is a problem with the username REALLY. Make it a profile with ANY username like "bogey_monster12345678" and change/adjust the username later. You can change your username here DAILY.

just get it registered. You can check for valid names later and always choose another valid name.

I have helped a couple DOZEN people work through this. I had their password even to try and just get a registration somehow pushed through. I have done dozens of POF profile applications just helping others here not under my name or address etc..

Tack a bunch of random numbers on the end of the username you want to use and just get POF to take it!

I swear it is really just an invalid name. Try snowman123456789.

Use your date of birth and five 6's.

I am saying this because when I was a mod here I helped users constantly with this exact problem and I have filled out DOZENS of profiles for them to get their profiles valid/accepted and every single time this problem was resolved with just morphing their chosen username with a random series of numbers at the end.

Good Luck

Cowboy
 Kiwi_the_panda
Msg: 3
Cannot register a friend
Posted: 7/13/2012 12:36:33 PM
tried everything, apparently even example_username2627858654858 is already taken i've changed the number at the end multiple times.

I know that underscores aren't invalid. My username is proof of that
 Holly63
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Cannot register a friend
Posted: 7/13/2012 8:02:49 PM
I wonder if your friend is having trouble with deciphering the letters below the circles?

I havn't done it for a long time so I forget what colour they are. Is your friend colour blind? That has been an issue in the past with those who are. If they're in black and your friend has trouble, you may need to help your friend with upper / lower case etc.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Cannot register a friend