Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How to start a conversation online?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maxfarsi
Msg: 1
How to start a conversation online?Page 1 of 1    
I notice that on most girls' profiles, they say don't just say "hi" or "how are you" etc. What is a good way to start a conversation? I know that some say find something they're interested in from their profile, but how would I form an introduction from that?
thanks
 buterfly41978
Msg: 2
How to start a conversation online?
Posted: 7/27/2012 12:37:58 PM
Basically you need to give something meaningful to reply to. When you are in person and say hi to someone you do not I know you get a hi back and not much else... Same applies here
 RushLuv
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/27/2012 12:53:28 PM
Tell them that you have blue balls, and can they finish up what your last fling couldn't.
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/27/2012 1:18:24 PM
Example: They say in their profile that they like to snorkel. You also like to snorkel. You say, I see we share the same passion. I last snorkeled at such and such, where do you like to snorkel at? If you can insert a funny story that happened while enjoying this activity you get points for that.
 Perspektiv
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/27/2012 4:50:47 PM
Keep it simple.

I mean, most women who message me will elude to my profile being funny, and asking me about my art. Simple.
Gets me talking. That's the whole point.

Whether or not any interest is built up, is irrelevant. They peaked my interest enough to get a reply. Shows they read my profile. I find most women value a guy who does the same thing. Actually reads their profile.

If you read one in full, and can't find a common point, perhaps you need to message someone else. Otherwise, you'll be grasping at straws. "Um...you have nice spelling skills"

You shouldn't even hesitate. It should come natural.
Just be you.
 enjoyinlife83
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2012 9:37:41 PM
Profile and pictures are key. Head to profile reviews for some brutal honesty. Lol. The first message is less important.
 MisterZee33
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/27/2012 9:40:55 PM
The online dating sequence...

1. You send woman a message. This let's her know that you're interested in her NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY.

2. She reads your message and views your profile if it doesn't completely suck.

3. If she LIKES your PICS and PROFILE and is ATTRACTED TO YOU, you get a response.

It really does NOT matter what you say in a first message, as long as it doesn't completely suck. A joke like "If toasters were made for bread, they'd be portable tanning beds" will get responses if your profile is good.
 Pirate_Peat
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 5:22:50 PM
Yeah like 1 in 20 profiles say they wont replay to just a "hi"
but 19 in 20 message me with just the same 1 word wonder

So the way I see it a 1 word is a fine convo starter provided you have enuf chit-chat material in profo to get a responce

The tricky bit is keeping it going...they say men can't hold a convo jeez I should link some of the teeth pullings in my inbox
 tjl503
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/28/2012 5:30:18 PM
It doesn't matter what you say if you want women to message you back you need to post some pics. Be original when sending messages and add humor, teasing and leave them with a reason for them to want to message you back. Everyone is telling them how cute their pics are and what you have in common with them.
 oakdan
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/1/2012 2:36:19 PM
lol that is women typically do not have to. I have exp the same thing.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How to start a conversation online?