Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do any girls like fat guys?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Christian_Artist
Msg: 1
Do any girls like fat guys?Page 1 of 1    
Honestly, do girls like fat guys as much as skinny or built guys? Is there any hope for us big guys out here. I know I am not the only one struggling with this. I feel like in today's world so many people are motivated by looks and to me, that makes it harder to find love. But because sex is easy to get, love is hard to find. So what about us big guys?
Do any girls like fat guys?
Posted: 7/28/2012 7:36:54 AM
How can you post such a generalized question?

EVERYONE likes different things.

Do YOU like what 10 of your neighbours down the street like?

No?

I didn't think so.
 MsGirlyMuscle
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/28/2012 7:43:25 AM
Everyone likes something/someone different. If you feel you are struggling with things, make some changes. Yes, people are motivated by attraction. Everyone is. Even heavier people. If someone tells you they are not, they are lying to you. And themselves.

Be confident with who you are, and then other people's desires be on non issue to you. :)

And there is way more to a person than looks. But in order for some people to have / enjoy / want intimacy, we need that physical attraction. Do not get me wrong; just because a man may be * hot * doesn't mean he is getting laid !
 Christian_Artist
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/28/2012 7:55:12 AM
I am just asking. I bet at least 10 fat guys on here, myself included, can think of a time that a woman has called us disgusting or ugly. Hence my question. I know there is more to a person than looks and what I am asking is do girls look at the way someone looks or the way they act, care, love, etc. Men often look on the outside and realize the inside of that barbie doll is cold and ugly.
 MsGirlyMuscle
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:02:46 AM
So what??? I get called too muscular by a lot of men. Does it affect me? No. It simply tells me we are not a good match. Sometimes it gets old hearing it, but I also take into consideration, a lot of people do not have the common sense to understand it. Not my problem, it is theirs. Okay so you are a big guy . If someone makes comments, smile at them.

There really does ( or should ) be attraction ! Anyone can be cold or ugly. 400 pounds or 140 pounds. There is so much to a connection with someone.

Who cares what anyone says to you??? Sure, some women will love or want a * fat * ( as you put it ) person. Just like some will love or want anyone else. I think what you fail to see and some of it is your age, is there is just a lot of people out there, period to choose from. And once you get past looks, there is lifestyle, morals, same wants & needs. It is not just a simple thing to find ! I wish it were that easy !!!

For me, I want and am attracted to someone in a similar lifestyle. More ways than one. And I still need to be attracted to the guy !!
 laskoboo
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:04:24 AM
I don't like fat guys but I do like santa claus... if that helps and brings any clarity, as
many women feel like I do.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:07:54 AM
Yes, some women do. I have read a few talking about it, I've even met one or two. But yes, you do have to accept that there are far fewer of them than there are women looking for healthier males, because our million-year-old DNA is programmed that way.

That last should help you recognize that "today's world" being "motivated by looks" is 100% identical to yesterday's world, and all the worlds before that.

I suggest a thorough reading of a good general Anthropology text.
 UrbanPedestrian
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:15:45 AM

I am just asking. I bet at least 10 fat guys on here, myself included, can think of a time that a woman has called us disgusting or ugly. Hence my question. I know there is more to a person than looks and what I am asking is do girls look at the way someone looks or the way they act, care, love, etc. Men often look on the outside and realize the inside of that barbie doll is cold and ugly.

And women look at the outside of a very attractive man and realize the inside of that very attractive man is cold and ugly. There will always be people like this, just as there will be others who are much nicer.

My point? Works for both genders. Please stop generalizing and if you're unhappy with your body image, then change it. No excuses, change. It can be done. Not easy but it can be done. But then if you connect your self-confidence to looks, you're not accomplishing much.
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:30:12 AM
At your age the majority of the women are just looking at the outer shell. When you get older you look to see what the person has done in life, what kind of person they have become and also if they kept themselves healthy. Other heavy women would be better to message. A young girl in shape wants a young man in shape. Being fat is a lot better than being ugly. You can do something about fat. Hate to be a mother hen but taking off that weight will not only help you in dating but may save you from an early heart attack.
 buterfly41978
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:35:49 AM
Weight is not as important to me as emotional health. I want to be with a man who is comfortable, and confident about himself. Perfection is impossible, yet we drag ourselves through the mud if we do not have it. Accept yourself for who you are.

Fat people get called fat.
Skinny people get called skinny.
Athletic people get called shallow.

Point is, everyone has something that makes them less that perfect. Once you learn to accept that and enjoy who you are, live life to the fullest then you will start to enjoy life and things will fall into place. You are only 20 years old, you have so much ahead of you. Take this time and focus on college, get your career going, and set goals for yourself. Strive to make your life better. Once you place your focus elsewhere, it will happen. As long as you have balance between your life, your goals, your future, and dating you should do fine.

Like you said, love is a rarity... Sure you can find anyone to be in a relationship with.... but to have mutual love is another thing...
 Janet_Always
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:36:05 AM
OP, I'm sure you would rather NOT be fat... well most ladies would rather their man was not fat either.

So you're in agreement with most.

However, I have dated over weight men (not obese, but most assuredly too fat). I married one.

So in answer to your question, yes, some women will like you even though you're fat.
 Christian_Artist
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:45:29 AM
Sure I could lose a few, but I am fine with who I am. Maybe it is a confidence problem. I guess I am just looking for someone who can accept me. I personally don't look at appearance so I am looking for someone like minded, but it seems impossible.
 Seanguy262
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:45:35 AM
OP.. you realize there is a solution to your problem right? Lose weight
 Fleuron
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:46:04 AM

I don't like fat guys but I do like santa claus... if that helps and brings any clarity, as many women feel like I do.

I don’t like him. That effer owes me big time.

How to answer this….let’s see. Some girls will like you. Some won’t. There will be more factors involved than just looks.

You’re 20. Start working on a healthier lifestyle for YOURSELF now. You’ll be amazed how great you feel when you do. Then you won’t give a crap what anybody says about you.

ETA

Sure I could lose a few, but I am fine with who I am. Maybe it is a confidence problem.

This is a contradiction. If your confidence is lacking how can you be fine with who you are?

Get healthier. There is no downside.
 grove_22
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/28/2012 9:31:47 AM
Some women do like fat men. I think the majority of women aren't attracted to fat men although some of these women might overlook the weight due to things like personality or money.
 CawkBlawker
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 9:33:14 AM
I think a lot women are more forgiving than a lot men when it comes to someone's size. I've seen plenty of heavier people paired up. Take away your weight, what else might be stopping you from finding someone to date since you say you like the say you are and have confidence? Do you really? If so, then why this thread? You are young, I would tell you to get your weight under control now since it gets harder the older you get.

Now to answer your question, I dated someone that was heavy and he lost weight while we were together. People would always say to me, what do you see in him? I said none of your business. Then he became the most annoying person on the planet. He was also a jealous and needy person. I had to keep reassuring him I was okay with the way he looked. I even said to him after he lost the weight, that I wish he never lost weight because he was happier and pleasant to be around. When he was heavier, he was actually a confident person. He was STILL insecure after losing weight, which was the biggest turn off ever. It ended the relationship.
 meechpeach
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 9:34:15 AM

Sure I could lose a few, but I am fine with who I am. Maybe it is a confidence problem.

If confidence is a problem then it seems that you are not fine with who you are.
If you cannot accept yourself, then no one else will.

I personally am not interested in overweight guys, as I once was overweight myself.
I have changed my life style since then, and I like to surround myself with like minded people.
I wouldn't want to date someone who has my old lifestyle, because that is not who I want to be anymore.
 PeakChaser
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/28/2012 9:36:12 AM
FAT isn't a problem. FIT is a problem.
 HiHeelsLover
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/28/2012 9:47:53 AM
Women like bbm as men like bbw. You just have to find the woman who likes bbm.
 grove_22
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/28/2012 9:55:23 AM

I think a lot women are more forgiving than a lot men when it comes to someone's size.

I'm not sure if this is entirely true. I think many men don't mind a woman with some extra weight. But the majority of men ( like women ) aren't attracted to someone who is obese.
 ForumOnry
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 10:00:17 AM

I am fine with who I am. Maybe it is a confidence problem

You just kinda contradicted yourself there. If you were fine with who you are, the confidence would come naturally. Find where the problem with your confidence lies and work on whatever you need to do to be confident in that area
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do any girls like fat guys?