|homemade protien bars yikes, they're GOODPage 1 of 1 |
|After researching commercial protien bars, decided to try this recipe first... OMG they are awesome !|
just sharing for those who like and want protien bars. They not only taste great, they are inexpensive to make.
I used another brand protin powder and adjusted the sweetner to taste ( used less)
yum yum and yum !!!
Homemade Protein Bars (Gluten Free Vegan and Non-Vegan Options)
- Approx 2.25 cups chocolate protein powder (We use Sun Warrior Raw Vegan Chocolate Protein) You can make a non-vegan version by just using some high quality chocolate whey protein* NOTE: YOU WILL PROBABLY NEED A DIFFERENT MEASUREMENT OF PROTEIN IF YOU DO NOT USE SUN WARRIOR. Just add more of the other protein to give the batch a thick dough consistency.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbs 100% pure organic maple syrup
- Approx 1.25 cups unsweetened almond milk*
- 3 Tbs Powdered Stevia
Mix everything together into a thick dough and press with your hands into an 11×7 baking dish. Refrigerate for about an hour then cut into bars – makes 12 bars. I individually wrap them and store them in the fridge for a grab and go snack.
*You might need to add more almond milk or more protein powder if the bars are not the right consistency. They should be just slightly sticky, but more of a dough texture.
Vegan Homemade Protein Bars
The approximate stats based off making it with the Sun Warrior Protein:
Fat: 5.3 grams
Carbohydrates: 14.4 grams (4.8 grams of sugar, 3.5 grams of fiber)
Protein: 18 grams