Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Messaging Intimate Encounters.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr_Nationwide
Msg: 1
Messaging Intimate Encounters.Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
What's up, Everyone.

I just put some thought about looking for an intimate encounter. I was sick of the games women play who are looking for a relationship. I check out their profile, got interested, send a message and no reply. When they do reply, either they say I'm not their type, or we'll messaging back and forth for hours, or the lady is being shy. I had a few that added me on facebook and nothing was going anywhere.

Anyway, I met girls mainly at the bar. They're more open, like talking and meeting new people, and most likely to get a phone number that leads to a date. On POF, not even close. I'm gonna looking for a relationship offline and online a intimate encounter. But, I do need tips on how to write a message for intimate encounter without getting rejected.

If anybody has ideas, feel free to post.

Have a great POF users.
 shaggy458
Msg: 2
Messaging Intimate Encounters.
Posted: 8/12/2012 1:38:51 PM
Well.....about the only thing I can tell you is that you are likely to run into the same problem (not getting replies) with women who are looking for intimate encounters as you did with those looking for a relationship. I'd stick with the bars.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2012 1:40:16 PM

I do need tips on how to write a message for intimate encounter without getting rejected.

The only way that I've heard works for this is, to go to the "red light" section of your town, and offer money. People in the business of sex for pay, almost never turn down customers. Past that, there's no such thing as what you ask.
 GarnerGirl71
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2012 1:50:30 PM
If you're searching the bars for a relationship, then why not get your ONS there also. Or find the relationship and get your loving from her... although that may be tough since you are still searching elsewhere for sex.
 Elgalawaat
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2012 1:51:16 PM
I F YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A HOOKAR I HEARD THAT GRAIGSLIST IS A GOOD PLACE TO START. ALSO I WOULD STICK TO BARS FOR ONE NIGHT STAND AND SOME POSSIBLE DATES.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2012 2:46:39 PM
My only suggestion is to be honest about what you are looking for. If it's sex, say so. Don't expect your response numbers to increase as a result tho.

Also, many women won't contact men who list they are looking for IE because many other users (myself included) block users that have contacted other members looking for IE.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/12/2012 4:24:43 PM
I'm unclear from your post whether you're messaging women who are also looking for intimate encounters. Or are you just picking random women you're attracted to (or attracted to a picture) and asking them if they'd like a hook-up?

If the women you're messaging are looking for NSA like you and they don't respond, they're just not interested. Just like in any relationship that develops on line -- they lose interest pretty quick.
 Mfforal3
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/12/2012 6:03:15 PM
Dude, Yes the bars and clubs are the best bet. .. We have found lots of loving at the bars.. But here in POF we have found a lot as well. The negative responses you are getting are from peeps in the dating, long term sections where they think IE is taboo.. As a couple on here we have found many encounters so you have a greater chance.. Just explain under the intimate encounter section what you are really after honestly.. When you get mail... without a picture or a one word type as in "hi" then pass it by..Be aggressive and ask them for a number or give them your cell for an immediate confirmation.. If they don't well they are likely not real or ready. Too many players here and it's easy to call them out..

Happy fishing.

Cheers!
 FireMon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2012 5:50:45 PM
Stop assuming anyone owes you a reply, a phone number, a date, or sex. Women are people, not pussies, so treat them like it.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2012 7:44:21 PM
~OP~ You're in the wrong place for advice on this topic. This is an anti-FWB, FB, NSA, hetero-monogamous forum (for 90% of the posters here.) If you are looking for intimate encounters? You need to go to sites which are for that purpose. There are many of them. And there are tons of "guides" on how to find intimate encounters/intimate encounter-minded people. Google "personal sites for sex" and you'll be off and running. JMO
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2012 8:09:36 PM
Intimate encounters is where the shallow meet the shallower.
Not to knock you.
Just how it is.

If you are a buff 8 or above in your pics.... just say hi.
If not, being clever and wordy will not help you.

So probably best stick to bars.
cus alcohol will help level out a shallow playing field.
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/13/2012 9:01:18 PM
I’ll share what little I know of women looking for intimate encounters on POF. I met two such women, one socially, the other while she was looking for dating/relationship.

Neither had found a satisfactory partner while looking for long-term. Both found relationships while looking for IE, and both said they met men of better quality and character while doing so. g'luck
 3ffervescent
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2012 9:47:01 PM
I don't have the IE block, as a lot of folk have tripped the filter (accidentally, and some not so accidentally).
While I am not looking for a IE, or just a casual hook-up, I think there are a lot of people that have dating as a status, who probably should have IE.

Perhaps, we should be looking at the IE folk as being a little more honest than some of the dating folk... (no mixed messages).

Oh, but remember that it only takes 4 first messages to an IE account to block your messages to anyone with the filter.
 EyeInTheSky73
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/14/2012 12:39:55 AM
This is something interesting I have run across numerous times:

Women will designate that they are looking for Intimate Encounters, HOWEVER, some of them also make their email settings forbid messages from people looking for the same thing they are.

I've always wondered if that is simply because they are clueless, or if there is some kind of strategy being employed, such as, wanting an Intimate Encounter, but only wanting a Long-term to give it to them?
 deerdog1
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/14/2012 5:08:58 AM
yea I am here only for the forums and if i send a first contact it is to further discuss a forum in private ..so I have found that i neglect to even look at what the person I am contacting is looking for ..and that has gotten me blocked by that filter .. which is no big deal .. but i did look back on my history and it seems that the people that got me blocked were guys .. and i can assure i have never contacted a guy in search of an IE ..just saying

another thing I have noticed is that to circumvent the filter people just close and open new accounts ....me ill just stay blocked ..but It just makes the purpose of the filter kinda a moot point ..think..??
 MacInOC
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/14/2012 7:13:03 AM

Neither had found a satisfactory partner while looking for long-term. Both found relationships while looking for IE, and both said they met men of better quality and character while doing so.

Perhaps, we should be looking at the IE folk as being a little more honest than some of the dating folk... (no mixed messages).

Interesting perspectives. Considering most guys (and women) have a "history" outside of the POF IE filter, I would say the above works.
 Mr_Nationwide
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/14/2012 9:59:40 AM
I wasn't having any luck meeting these women in person after messaging. Maybe they're too shy and never meet anybody.
If someone is gonna be shy and have a lack of confidence, make up stuff not to meet someone who's interested, they shouldn't their time and noone eise time.

Keep them post coming.
 That_girl*
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/14/2012 11:15:07 AM
perhaps the women you are going after dont find you to be the smoking hot 8 on the scale that you claim to be yes even the fatties can be picky too when it comes to physical ,,mental an personality attraction..

maybe the women are getting a weird creepy vibe off you an dont want to meet or are just not intrested,,

no woman wants to just be looked at or used as a cum dumpster,,are you looking to just do your business an leave never to be heard from again?

even with friends with benefits alot of men still need to learn that the word friends is in there an friends actually communicate regularly an also hangout an spendtime together in public..ya know normal stuff that actual friends do..

regardless if its online or offline saying hey lets f uck or wanna see my c ock wont get you laid an wont get you a girlfriend 90% of the time.

thats not real conversation thats why some men never make it past a first email or even actual chat in person because they have no conversation skills when it comes to women.

also being pushy or rushing to meet somebody after maybe 15mins of chat will only make women back away from you..regardless if its fwb friends or dating there has to be some kind of chemistry an attraction there mutually for things to actually work..or atleast get off the ground..
 Mr_Nationwide
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/14/2012 2:04:24 PM
Well, I change the way I send a short message.
A few replied "Thank You"? two words?
Thank you for what?
This is kinda weird, has anybody gotten a message back from someone that "Thank You"?

What could I write to that?
 oneofakind704
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2012 8:45:31 AM
Women on POF is a trip...don't want a guy to mention sex at all,don't we all want a sexual partner?
 liftnw8z
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/15/2012 4:34:11 PM
I guess it's all in the context of said partner. Maybe they want a long-term guy to be monogamous with? Or they're tired of being used as a one-nighter?

That said, I've had my share of women use me as a one nighter too - and they've never mentioned sex outright...
 3ffervescent
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2012 8:32:05 PM

Well, I change the way I send a short message.
A few replied "Thank You"? two words?
Thank you for what?
This is kinda weird, has anybody gotten a message back from someone that "Thank You"?

What could I write to that?

I got one yesterday that said:

Nice.

One word...
I wonder if he really expected a reply?
 liftnw8z
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/15/2012 8:50:42 PM
I get some "one word" emails also - I don't answer them.
 Mr_Nationwide
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/16/2012 3:41:36 PM
Would you all agree that these one or two messages mean they're shy, being a smartass or just not interested?
It's hard to tell what reason a woman doesn't find me interested. They never say, but, I would like know could I change about it, not 100% of everything.
 Suzie_Hippie_Homemaker
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/16/2012 4:07:05 PM
I would stick with the bars if I were you.

Girls around your age mostly want a boyfriend.

Older women want a hot guy with serious experience.

You will probably have to put in your time like most guys do. Possibly learn to actually like women.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Messaging Intimate Encounters.