Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why so many creeps???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 alison79
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why so many creeps???Page 1 of 1    
I have been on here for a while now and have met/chatted to a few nice guys. However, for every nice message I get I receive at least 3 telling me I have big boobs. Worse than that, I have had some very graphic messages of a sexual nature that have actually made me feel sick. As a conversation starter, it's not great. How am I even supposed to answer that?! My images are not slutty in any way, no bikini shots - I'm not even showing any cleavage! And yes, I know I have big boobs - today isn't the first day I've had them so telling me was kind of redundant. Also, my profile makes it clear that I am looking for a relationship, so it is just bad luck that I am getting these creeps messaging me? It's making me want to come off of the site, but like I said I have met some nice guys on here and I don't want a few creepy guys to turn me into a man-hater! Tips on how to/whether to respond to these horrible messages, please!
 mjc86
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 4:31:07 PM
This is the nature of the internet, i suppose. People can say things they ordinarily wouldn't. Just ignore the messages, it's the best thing to do.
 JoseMadre
Msg: 3
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 4:31:53 PM
The easiest solution is to ignore and block the creeps. You cannot reason with people like that, so better to just block them and deal only with people who are cordial.
 meechpeach
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 4:37:08 PM
It's not bad luck, it's more just the internet.

All girls on here get creepy messages.
And I'm sure some guys do too, people tend to not have any sort of censor when they're online.

Block button can become your best friend.
 Perspektiv
Msg: 5
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 4:51:35 PM
Could be worse, you could be getting this in person.
Throw in a few "I know where you live" types of texts.

I see the online world of dating, like the bar scene. You'll get a few over-confident dudes, who get to hide behind their computer screens.

You'll have to deal with it being a woman, no matter what.

It has nothing to do with your profile, or anything more than you being a woman.

I know a few girls on here who have made their profiles invisible, which would be your only break from it.

The downside--you have to make all contacts with men.

So it depends on what trade offs you're willing to work with.
Msg: 6
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:11:20 PM
There are also High School kids fooling around and they can be sending you the messages as well. Just block these people and don't even think twice about it.
 xxsmexixx
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:12:34 PM
You have been on here 5 years and you are only now wondering whether you should respond? seriously?

Any response to those people just feeds their deluded minds. Any response is a job well done to them.

ignore and block and concentrate on the nice messages. They deserve your attention.

Smexi
 AUC_MMDCCV
Msg: 8
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:12:45 PM
I was going to add my two-bobs worth here, but all the answers so far are probably what I'd say anyhow.
I'd venture to say most if not all who make derogatory remarks in messaging your profile have a yellow streak up their backs. Things they wouldn't dare say face-to-face. The anonymity of the Internet is a great place for the weak to show bravery.
Yeah. Read, delete, block, move on.
(Urk! I did add my two bobs worth!)
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 9
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:16:44 PM
Well OP at least you are getting some attention. Do you think that this internet dating thing is without it's pitfalls for guys. Whether you are male or female internet dating requires a thick skin.

If you want more control over what you see in your inbox you can always hide your profile and message only the men you think you want to meet and block anyone who does not respond favorably

IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:17:41 PM
I think I see part of the problem. You failed to include in your profile, that you have big boobs. These men are afraid that you aren't aware of it, and as a public service, an act of kindness, they are alerting you to this fact. After all, given the economy today, and the way gravity fails to show ANY sort of concern for us at all, if your weren't made aware of this, you might stumble onto sidewalk cracks, and then your poor mother would suffer as well.

You see, it's all in how you look at the world. I suggest you focus more on the bright side of things!

As to how to respond to any messages you don't like from people you don't care to associate yourself with, there are two basic tools at your disposal: Delete, and Block.
 mrmisterme
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:26:52 PM

It's making me want to come off of the site, but like I said I have met some nice guys on here and I don't want a few creepy guys to turn me into a man-hater! Tips on how to/whether to respond to these horrible messages, please!

Never respond to those messages. Why bother lowering yourself to their level? Just report, delete and block them.
 QquietBryan424
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:37:16 PM
There are some real losers on this site.

Use the block user function, at least you won"t hear from the same profile twice.
 J_bird61
Msg: 13
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:43:51 PM
No, it's not bad luck, it's the internet. It's full of creeps.
 Orionthehunter9
Msg: 14
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:44:05 PM
There are so many creeps because the majority of women here are inundated with messages and choose their dates based on looks and material things. They have the ability to be choosy, so they choose for the initial attraction. Not that this is surprising. But the men who have their choice of women are usually creeps because they can be, and their creepiness doesn't initially prevent them from getting dates. Ironic isn't it.
 Quasimodo11543
Msg: 15
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:47:49 PM
you go to the market, you pick up an apple. The apple is BAD. So, you put that apple down, and grab another, this is a GOOD apple. Moral of the story, ignore the bad apples, cherish the good ones. Btw, I was completely naked while I wrote this.

You can't control other peoples behaviors, only your own. Sitting behind a computer screen many people become very brave, and forget what manners and decency are. They are known as butt heads, ignore them as they are the "BAD" apples.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 16
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:57:02 PM
Don't reply to them. Don't even read the entire message. The second you see where there message is heading use the Block Button and forget about them. Responding in any manner only means they've gotten your attention. That's what they wanted. These so called men wouldn't have the balls to say it to you in person so they hide behind their screen and get their cheap kicks by trying to hook you in. Don't let them.
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:57:12 PM
I would not respond. The downside is that I meet them and they turn out to be creeps. LOL The nice guys.....well, good luck with that!
 Quasimodo11543
Msg: 18
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 6:31:59 PM

I would not respond. The downside is that I meet them and they turn out to be creeps. LOL The nice guys.....well, good luck with that!

well of course they are nice at first, a smart creep knows you can get further with sugar than you can with um, the opposite of sugar. People are generally always on their best behavior when you first meet them, time reveals their true self. So find a positive out of this OP, you didn't waste any time and know without a doubt, they are not worth talking to at all.
 PutYouOnBlast
Msg: 19
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 6:36:43 PM
Block and report. There is really not much else to do than that.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 20
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 6:50:30 PM
After five years here one wonders why the block/delete option wasn't just habitually used on those types of messages without having to post about it all in AAG,
asking guys something that could have been figured out 4 1/2 years ago, well maybe it was and since forgotten...

In the intervening years it has become illegal to be a "creep" in some USA states.. (New laws against online harassment).
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Why so many creeps???
Posted: 8/19/2012 6:50:47 PM
Don't give them an audience. That's what they seek.

Simply delete and block.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why so many creeps???