Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Who calls first after sex, the man or woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 weeblywobbly
Msg: 1
Who calls first after sex, the man or woman?Page 1 of 1    
Get this out of the way.....ASSUME THEY BOTH LIKE EACH OTHER.

Date 1 goes good, attraction on both parts. Date 2, little more intense. The woman initiates, and they end up in bed (of course they have sex, hehe). So, my question.....

What is appropriate for the "after sex" contact? Should the guy call the next day? Does the woman? Is a text acceptable? The man works a lot of hours, the woman...not-so-much.

I don't want the rants-n-raves of "sex on the 2nd date, oh my!!" It happens, oh well, so what are your thoughts?
 Maybe_Have_Some_Faith
Msg: 2
Who calls first after sex, the man or woman?
Posted: 10/12/2012 10:46:44 PM
My understanding is that who ever's the horniest the next day usually calls first.
 Euroalex
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2012 10:53:00 PM
the man.

the woman already "initiated" sex on 2nd date.
unless she is not looking for a relationship where she has to initiate everything,
let the guy do it....
 callme_names
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2012 10:58:19 PM
The one, who wants more!
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2012 11:00:20 PM
If the sex was good I would have been calling and texting from my car on the way home planning the next meeting I promise ya
 Robert122077
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/12/2012 11:04:27 PM
You can do this two ways. Go by whoever is the "hottest" or if he asked you out first, then you can call him, etc.
 msemeraldeyes73
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/12/2012 11:05:03 PM

If the sex was good I would have been calling and texting from my car on the way home planning the next meeting I promise ya

LMAO cowboy... isn't that the truth.

OP- the one time sex happened early into a new relationship... he was making plans for our next date while i was getting dressed.

be patient... let him make contact.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/12/2012 11:28:12 PM
I'm going with Cowboy on this if the sex was good plans for the next date would be talked about before I left. I think it's conventional wisdom that the guy take the initiative to request another date but then this is the new millenium so if the spirit moves you then why not.
 MrRealistic
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/12/2012 11:36:07 PM
The guys busy working but if the sex was unforgettable it will be on his mind allday without a question! But woman usually pick up the phone 1st and with a nice text saying (hope your days going well) that would be the icing on the cake for me i would definitely return.
 billingsmason
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2012 1:23:12 AM
this one is obvious, but happens right after... while she is peeing

either he hollars... make me a samich would ya?
or if she is an angel ..... you want me to make you a samich?
 gcdeb
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2012 1:25:19 AM
I don't get this being an issue. You felt comfortable enough to get naked and have sex with him, but you are second guessing whether you should call him first?

I'm not trying to smart, I just don't understand feeling comfortable being intimate, but not comfortable to call him?
 Elgalawaat
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2012 1:51:22 AM
How was the sex?
 SJS1414
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2012 1:52:03 AM
Getting sex from a guy is almost a guarantee.
A relationship is worlds different.
Who the hell knows? Maybe he's too shy or something. If you want a relationship definitely call him. No man is going to have a problem with a women he is interested in calling him. (Unless he has some serious hangups or was maybe born in 1810 or something LOL)
 Username_Withheld
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/13/2012 4:39:43 AM
Perhaps the poor guy is a bit confused, and is concerned about how you see him. He gave in to your advances, and opened his soul. He's probably at home thinking you just wanted to get your way and now its all over, your down the Pub, bragging to your mates about how you had another one last night.
 Debyduz_
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2012 4:49:38 AM
What Cowboy said or they are not getting anymore.
 Pinky127
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/13/2012 5:24:13 AM
Op,i dont really think it matters who calls first.

If it was mutually fanbloodytastic,you'll be seeing each other again no matter what!
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2012 5:39:33 AM
This sounds like a sociological/political question.

Any time the question is based on the gender of the people involved, you ought to consider that either answer says more about how the one answering thinks about male-female hierarchy, than anything else.

Secondarily, there is the concern about how each person is perceived by the other as a result. If the guy is of a certain mindset, and the woman calls him first, it might cause him to get the idea that he has more power over her than he really does, or on another extreme, that she is a clingy type. If the woman is of a certain mindset, and the guy calls first, she also might decide that she's captured another live one in her vagina trap, and in turn lose respect for him.

Hopefully, both people are well enough developed psychologically, that they are each just happy to hear from each other again, and don't really notice who dinged who first.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/13/2012 8:27:15 AM

The man works a lot of hours, the woman...not-so-much.

People who have a life are often switching gears constantly. Who knows what was on the mans agenda once he left recreation time with you.

Reminds me of a time I went out with this woman and we ended up back at her place. I left early the next morning to move. That evening after staying up all night, I was surrounded by boxes and friends who helped me move with a call. On the other end was my new lady friend who proceded to scream at me using a few choice words for not calling her.

Up until that point I had fully intended to continue what we had started. That notion came to an abrupt halt after that call.
 twelfth_dimension
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/13/2012 10:02:44 AM
The man will always call if he is interested, so the best way to avoid finding yourself in a one-sided situation is to not call.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2012 10:12:45 AM

ASSUME THEY BOTH LIKE EACH OTHER.

doesn't this render the question moot? the inference is both people trust that there will be further interaction, and aren't awaiting the results of passive tests, or fearing the results of a 'wrong' move.
 HuggableHarry
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/13/2012 10:16:32 AM
OP, does it matter who calls first ? Why psycho analyse and read too much into it. Like some of the thread responses above. If their is mutual attraction which there appears to have been as you ended up in bed . If you want to take it further express yourself to him and say so. If you don't well you have you answer .

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Who calls first after sex, the man or woman?