Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > ALREADY MESSAGED FEATURE      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BenjaminEDM
Msg: 1
ALREADY MESSAGED FEATUREPage 1 of 1    
Often times, I message a bunch of people and then maybe a month or so later I'll forget and message them again. Perhaps a feature that tells us if we've already sent a message to a particular person would be handy to avoid embarrassing situations.

Just a thought.
 ^campfires^
Msg: 2
view profile
History
ALREADY MESSAGED FEATURE
Posted: 10/19/2012 5:40:21 PM
Yes; it would.

Another good feature would be if people would search or even look at the first page or two here and see that the same thing is suggested almost every day.

Another good idea is not to send messages to "a bunch of people", but rather quality messages to a select few that they can remember.

Keep Fishing!
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 3
view profile
History
ALREADY MESSAGED FEATURE
Posted: 10/19/2012 6:27:17 PM

Often times, I message a bunch of people and then maybe a month or so later I'll forget and message them again. Perhaps a feature that tells us if we've already sent a message to a particular person would be handy to avoid embarrassing situations.
Not sure why you expected POF to care if you embarrass yourself because you cant remember if you messaged someone before due to your messaging habits here.

Try just slowing down and writing more quality messages here versus spamming the women with junk mail you put no real thought or effort into.

Cowboy
 Holly63
Msg: 4
ALREADY MESSAGED FEATURE
Posted: 10/19/2012 6:32:09 PM
You can also check your message history by going to your Inbox then scrolling all the way down to the bottom of the page. You can select who messaged who first.

Sometimes I get repeat messages from guys with a simple "Hello, how are you?" I wonder how they got past my 50 characters + filter then I realise they've obviously contacted me before. Its annoying. I wish people would be more vigilant.

Its further annoying when I get a rude message because I didnt respond or if I DO respond saying you've contacted me before, they're still rude by saying something like "Well EXCUSE ME for trying!!" grrrrr
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 5
ALREADY MESSAGED FEATURE
Posted: 10/19/2012 8:46:28 PM
Not too hard to find out who you have contacted. Go to inbox/contacts who I have messaged and who has messaged me. Or be less lazy if you suffer from CRS ( can't remember shit ) and write it down or put it in a word document.
 steve_the_spark
Msg: 6
ALREADY MESSAGED FEATURE
Posted: 11/4/2012 10:08:23 PM
i still think this idea is a ****in good one ... if u are sending out a few msgs and then yea a while later u see some 1 that catches ya eye .. it takes to much stuffing around 2 go thro ALL the sent msgs looking for the certain contact u would like 2 msg ... if ever 1 had to double check every time they would think about sending some 1 a msg not many ppl would bother .... all the large chat sites do have a send and received box in the search results to help ppl find new people to chat to its not cos ppl can just send bulk msg and then re bulk msg later on .... there is always a chance u have sent the same person a msg and then sent them one again .... just some ppl will catch on and relies and others wont ... dosent help also when people change there main pic so u could easley be mistaken
 ^campfires^
Msg: 7
view profile
History
ALREADY MESSAGED FEATURE
Posted: 11/5/2012 3:26:47 AM
Msg #6: Your proposal would require lots of new coding which isn't likely to happen, and usually isn't a good thing when it does here.

A more realistic approach would be to use similar code as used in the Meet Me display, where a green check mark is used to indicate you have contacted a user. This would be relatively easy to add to the Favorites and various search results menu items, which are very similar in layout. Probably not too difficult to add to the profile view page either.

Otherwise, the best thing is for you to send a small number of high quality messages to users you have carefully selected as excellent matches, based on their profile content. When you do that, you should be able to remember who you have contacted. Better yet, work on great pics and a great profile, then you will have women contacting you.

Keep Fishing!
 steve_the_spark
Msg: 8
ALREADY MESSAGED FEATURE
Posted: 11/6/2012 12:31:26 AM
yea a green dot would be fine just somehting 2 say u have sent a msg befor ... cos well i been on and off this site for a damn long time so many many ppl have recived a msg from me so its to hard 2 remember every single user name no matter how select and quality a msg will be after a long time on the site everybody will always forget every single persion that sais yes or no 2 chatting
Msg: 9
ALREADY MESSAGED FEATURE
Posted: 11/6/2012 3:33:34 AM
It's a good feature request. We all forget and it's a real pain to go through sent messages to find out!
 3ffervescent
Msg: 10
view profile
History
ALREADY MESSAGED FEATURE
Posted: 11/6/2012 3:41:11 AM
Then scan contact history like Holly said.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 11
view profile
History
ALREADY MESSAGED FEATURE
Posted: 11/6/2012 3:45:25 AM

It's a good feature request.
Depends on your point of view. Would it save you page clicks? Then it costs POF money and they probably dont view it as a good feature request. Just saying...

Cowboy
Msg: 12
ALREADY MESSAGED FEATURE
Posted: 11/6/2012 4:13:08 AM
How does page clicks earn POF money, not showing an avert?

They provide this feature in the "who wants to meet me".

As an example I emailed someone and she said "Sorry but no not my type", I responded and said "OK no problem take care". she emailed me back saying "thank you". Today I was doing a search within a 10 mile radius and she was online. i thought "she looks nice" but then I though hang on, she's not interested.

Last thing I want to do is harass someone!

I have a ton of messages in my inbox and outbox. it's not organised by contact it's just a chronology of messages sent so it makes it more than a couple of mouse clicks to find out.
Msg: 13
ALREADY MESSAGED FEATURE
Posted: 11/6/2012 4:17:43 AM
How is that done? There is no scan feature. The outbox is "paged" to about 9 messages. If I have a conversation with someone it goes well beyond 9 messages normally so i have to click through many pages just to find out if i have contacted someone. It's not a good software design.
Msg: 14
ALREADY MESSAGED FEATURE
Posted: 11/6/2012 4:29:49 AM
It's not even clear what an "upgrade" provides. maybe they should offer a trial for a few days.

Christos
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > ALREADY MESSAGED FEATURE