Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > woulld you date a woman who is not financially stable or unable to pa      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sugarcoat69
Msg: 1
view profile
History
woulld you date a woman who is not financially stable or unable to pay for babby sitter for date?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I have meet some woman from POF who put 75,000 to $100,000 income on their profile and asking for the baby sitter fee from me on the first date.It made me very uncomfortable and shocked. Why do people go on date if they even can not afford to pay for the sitter? which brought to me the second question, would you date someone even though they are attractive but financially Needy?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
woulld you date a woman who is not financially stable or unable to pay for babby sitter for date?
Posted: 11/3/2012 7:58:13 AM
How else do you think she manages an income of $75k?

And yes, I would date someone low on the financial scale, but I would not pay for the privilege. There's a name for that sort of thing which is illegal in most states.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 3
woulld you date a woman who is not financially stable or unable to pay for babby sitter for date?
Posted: 11/3/2012 8:02:01 AM

75,000 to $100,000 income on their profile and asking for the baby sitter fee from me on the first date.

Say it ain't so, Joe. That many people LIE through what little teeth they have left on their full of it profiles... Ya think?
Sure that wasn't in pesos? Some here can help out with the conversion formula for ya.

would you date someone even though they are attractive but financially Needy?

Many women would have to see your picture first Joe.
 SingleInArlington
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/3/2012 8:07:12 AM
She literally asked for money for a babysitter on the date? Ive never heard of this lol
I wouldnt give her money and there wouldnt be a second date.
 I-am-Rei
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/3/2012 8:09:35 AM
So, what did you do then? Did you give her money?

SexyKG74
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2012 8:25:56 AM
A woman who indicates a salary of$75K-$100K, yet she asks you to pay for a babysitter is obviously not telling the truth about her status. If she's expecting you to pay up just for a date, imagine if you actually had a relationship with this Trick?!
 SingleInArlington
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/3/2012 8:51:36 AM
Oh now....I'm going to have to agree with Sexy on this one!
 Zuglo65
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2012 9:10:37 AM

She literally asked for money for a babysitter on the date? Ive never heard of this lol

I did. There are guys who think it's OK, it's what a gentleman would do! Read it in the forums.

I wouldnt give her money and there wouldnt be a second date.

Wouldn't even be a first date.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/3/2012 9:52:24 AM
Well, since you are an "Executive" with "Freedom of Financial independence," perhaps you enticed her and set your 'hook' by promises of living the good life and all the material benefits dating you would entail.

Didja bring it on yourself, perhaps, Daddy Warbucks? Gotta pay to 'play.'
 lobo65
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2012 10:32:04 AM
That's nothing. I met a girl for a first date in a big city a few hours away. Unbeknownst to me she had rented a limo for the night. Imagine my surprise when the limo driver asked me for my share of the cost---300 bucks. Like the young, naive person I was, I stopped at an ATM to get it. Of course I was p*ssed, but it put me on the spot. If it happened today she would be paying the whole cost herself.
 ElForester
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2012 10:37:00 AM
She may be able to take care of herself financially, but still unable to pay for a babysitter at the time. Occassionally we all have to much month left before the next paycheck. I've been there.

A few times during conversations with women right here on pof I've been asked what kind of woman I'm looking for. One of the criteria is that she has her own job and can take care of herself financially. Once I've mentioned that I've been told thanks but no thanks.

So, would I date woman who doesn't have a lot of money but can at least support herself? Of course.
 _0_0_0_0_
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/3/2012 10:45:08 AM

In one word: NO.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/3/2012 10:54:35 AM
No I would not date a woman who is not financially stable. The same way women want a man that is financially stable, I want a woman that is financially stable.
 Maybe_Have_Some_Faith
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/3/2012 11:18:26 AM

I have meet some woman from POF who put 75,000 to $100,000 income on their profile

I've been a member of this and other dating sites for over eight years and have this bad habit of actually reading every profile I look at and I have never ever seen anyone post their income on their profile.

Are you that special that you would manage to find several or are you just full of shit?
 moon_breeze
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/3/2012 11:36:28 AM
Wow, next they'll ask you to pay for their hairdresser for the date, or for the dress they're wearing on the date with you! Yes, women generally incur more costs to look nice, but a babysitter is just one cost of dating! Especially if you're paying for the date!
 ncdamsel
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/3/2012 11:37:53 AM
She is either full of crap about the $ 75.000-100,000 or or in debt up to her eye brows...I am betting on the full of crap part...
 mermaid140
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/3/2012 11:53:05 AM
Did she ask you for the money after the date? If so, sounds like she had a bad time and thought she would stick you with the babysitting bill.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/3/2012 11:54:26 AM

I have meet some woman from POF who put 75,000 to $100,000 income on their profile

I've been a member of this and other dating sites for over eight years and have this bad habit of actually reading every profile I look at and I have never ever seen anyone post their income on their profile.

Are you that special that you would manage to find several or are you just full of shit?

The site added a query about income level a couple years back. It gives advertisers another target market (income level).
It is possible to run an advanced search using the income attribute.

This site attracts MANY users in the six-figure bracket.

Apparently, the OP seeks out women in a particular income bracket.

I still say he set himself up by bragging about his own advantageous fiscal perspective in his profile.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2012 1:21:25 PM
(Well, since you are an "Executive" with "Freedom of Financial independence," perhaps you enticed her and set your 'hook' by promises of living the good life and all the material benefits dating you would entail.

Didja bring it on yourself, perhaps, Daddy Warbucks? Gotta pay to 'play.' )

I disagree...just because a man indicates he is an Executive, or any other profession that normally makes a healthy salary DOES NOT mean a woman should automatically assume he should be obligated to take care of expenses, especially an expense that involves another man's child(ren). If memory serves me, OP never said "I'm here to supply a woman's needs." Often when a person notes their level of success, there are people who assume what that could possible mean for THEM...when it shouldn't. Again, if she's doing it now, imagine if they moved in together or worse...got married.

It's already bad enough that some people on dating sites do a lot of what I call "window dressing," meaning they try to come off more than what they are in order to attract a certain type of mate...

If I was a man (with lots of money or not), it would be a cold day in hell before I would allow myself to automatically be EXPECTED to pay for a babysitter of another man's kids, especially in the "getting to know you stage" of a relationship...because if I was a man, I'm sure I could just as easily find a woman who either didn't have kids or a woman who can pay her way. Now if I was in an established relationship and had to means to pay, that's a different story, but I sure as hell wouldn't feel obligated.

Just because someone indicates what they do for a living (and it happens to a good paying position) doesn't mean they are bragging. When someone notes "Executive," that could be any job that is upper management, to a CEO...so it's still kind of vague/people can take it how they want it.

(This site attracts MANY users in the six-figure bracket.)

Maybe it depends upon where you live, but I think POF actually does have members of diverse income levels. Why would it be difficult to believe there are actually people on here who make decent to really good money?!

While I've experienced situations where I've met men who lied about themselves, I've met and dated a few from POF who actually did have successful careers. Imagine going out on several dates with a guy and then seeing an article about him in your local newspaper, whether it be in the business or sports section, with his photo)...has happened to me.

(Apparently, the OP seeks out women in a particular income bracket.)

Maybe he simply desires a potential significant other who has the ability to enjoy a similar lifestyle...but not at his expense. I know I do, and there's nothing wrong with that...just like many people prefer dating someone who has a similar level of education.
 carolann0308
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2012 1:37:52 PM
I wouldn't date someone that had their income in their profilen nor have I ever seen aprofile that incudes that. Are you using that as a search feature Mr financially independent executive?
 vestaceres
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/3/2012 1:45:16 PM
A couple of past dates (on two very separate occasions, two years apart) offered to buy my children dinner to bring home to them, and with their insistance, I brought home the meals as if I were the one who purchased them (with their strict request). It was so kind that I sent both hand-made Thank You cards in which I wrote in my own handwriting.

They also offered to pay for babysitting fees, also, without expecting anything. I did not accept the offer, because my son spends 40% of the time with his dad, so I scheduled the dates around my availability when he was there (they were responsive to this, too). Firstly, I would not have accepted the offer because the care of my children is my own and to ask somebody for this on a first date is quite far-reaching; I would never expect this from anybody. However, it was very considerate of them to offer.

I, too, find the OP's argument very curious seeing as he deliberately sought women in this income bracket. It's improper to assume that somebody who makes that level of income manages their income in a way that they have extra money for incidentals. Incidentally, people who tend to make low to moderate income and aren't seduced by consumerism to amp up their status in society (and I know many responsible folks who don't buy into this shit), save money for incidentals. Your presupposition that people with large incomes are generally financially responsible is flawed in logic. When you have kids and you spend a lot of time balancing your career, saving money becomes difficult as the children become older and the concept of an investment like in gold rather than in material items paper notes buy gets lost among them.

vancitygurl78
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/3/2012 1:54:44 PM
Ok seriously, any woman asking for her date to pay for the baby sitter fee just so they can go out on date is a huge RED FLAG in my book.

Seriously, if she can't afford to pay for a babysitter, then tell her to turn to her family, her friends etc for few hours. She obviously isn't looking to date U, she wants to date U for ur money.

And if any guy paid for the woman's baby sitter on the first date needs to get his head examined. HELLO, she's using u from day one and she's not shy about it either!

RUN, don't walk, RUN! and hide ur wallet too!
 SexyKG74
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2012 2:28:41 PM
Come on, let's get real...

Unless this woman has a herd of children, like OctoMom, if she does in fact make betwen $75K-100K per year, there is no reason why this woman can't afford to spend $30-50 to have someone watch her kids for 2-4 hours. And if she can't, she doesn't know how to manage her money and has clearly been living beyond her means...for a long time...and if this is the case, it's no one's fault but her own.

The vast majority of women in the US who are raising kids by themselves do not have an annual salary anywhere near $75K-100K.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/3/2012 2:42:50 PM
Sexykg74:
I don't see anyone (including me) saying that a woman should expect a guy to pay a sitter.

The OP says he has met "some" (multiple) women that expect it.
Other men on the thread do not seem to share his experience.
If you read my post (which you quoted) carefully, you would comprehend I used the word "perhaps" TWICE to suggest the OP may be the common denominator. Maybe you haven't met a guy who tries to make himself alluring with implicit promises of what he can do to better a woman's life financially. These men are nothing but wannabe "johns" and do not attract me in the least.

Count yourself lucky, if you've never crossed paths with such a specimen.
Yes. I am speculating, but the OP makes it clear in his profile, he is a fan of the finer things in life. It is not a complete stretch to think he relies on an illusion of being well-heeled and trolls the waters of higher income women for his own purposes. Perhaps they think he is offering his "help."

I don't really know, but if the same thing keeps happening to him repeatedly, he would be well advised to examine his own role in this scenario.
Oh, BTW ... When I made the crack about the preponderance of those in the upper 5% of wage earners being on this site -

You DID notice the crazy emoticon didn't you?

The vast majority of women in the US who are raising kids by themselves do not have an annual salary anywhere near $75K-100K.

My point, exactly.

Somehow, they have all found their way to PoF and into the OP's inbox.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/3/2012 2:48:23 PM

which brought to me the second question, would you date someone even though they are attractive but financially Needy?

Yes, I can find plenty of free or low cost things for us to do, and my kisses are free.

Were these women Italian by chance? Perhaps they were confused and listed their income in lira.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > woulld you date a woman who is not financially stable or unable to pay for babby sitter for date?