Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Guy that blew up house in Indianapolis used POF to scam women.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BrockLee74
Msg: 1
Guy that blew up house in Indianapolis used POF to scam women. Page 1 of 1    
Some of you may have heard about a house that exploded here in Indy several weeks ago. Conspiracy nutbags have been trying to claim it was a drone strike. This whole thing hit close to home (literally) as I live within a couple miles of the explosion, the night it happened they came to my work (near Cincinnati), and I know some common people.

Now that they have been official charged, new things are being made public. The guy would meet women here on Plenty of Fish and scam them out of money.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20121222/NEWS02/212220352/Affidavit-Women-say-Richmond-Hill-blast-suspect-Mark-Leonard-has-long-history-scheming?nclick_check=1

"The Star spoke to several women who said they dated Leonard, and agreed to withhold their names because they feared retaliation from him. Many of them met Leonard on a dating website called PlentyOfFish.com. One of the women provided The Star with a handwritten list she said she took from Leonard's wallet when they were dating in 2011. It includes the names and phone numbers of more than 15 women he met online. In many cases, a handwritten notation accompanied the name: "Fat girl," one notation says. "Car wreck," says another. Others say, "credit cards." One simply says, "Rich."
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Guy that blew up house in Indianapolis used POF to scam women.
Posted: 12/23/2012 3:59:45 AM
What's your point? That scammers use whatever venues are available to steal?

Duh.
 SaharaM
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2012 4:22:26 AM
It's very strange that a woman would have kept that paper for over a year.
 TAWT
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/23/2012 4:45:22 AM
I'd like to know how he blew up an entire neighborhood with one microwave oven! Somebody at the Pentagon should get on that right away.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/23/2012 5:46:56 AM
Less than honorable people are all around us and if they happen to be were we are, there is a chance we will interact with then.

So what - this man had a POF account and used it to scam women. There are plenty of others doing the same. If he happened to have a Walmart receipt, the people he met at Walmart would be interviewed, if he happened to have shopped at the local Farmer's Market, then that's where they'd be looking for his interactions. If he worked at a car repair garage, they'd be talking to the customers.

I'm not sure what your point is.
Posted: 12/23/2012 6:58:23 AM

The guy would meet women here on Plenty of Fish and scam them out of money

Man ... some people have hard lessons to learn.
There is a world of them!
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2012 7:08:33 AM
I'm not sure what your point is.

I believe the OP is warning women that self-employed, caucasian men within three years of the age of forty who reside in Indiana and are on plentyoffish should be avoided like the plague by women on this site. He is pointing out that men fitting the profile are all scam artists and even, possibly, murderers. Of course, the murder charge has not yet been proven, but it is apparently a fact that men fitting the profile described above are on Pof for immoral and illegal purposes.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/23/2012 7:10:04 AM
^^Oh, I can breathe then as I'm in Canada! LOL
 daynadaze
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2012 8:17:49 AM
You can't scam someone who doesn't allow it. That's not to say that this guy isn't a total scumbag and should be spending a long time in prison, but what's the fact that he used this dating site got to do with the fact that there are good, normal people here looking to meet others? Very few people are scammed with some grand sneaky scheme, most the time it's so obvious that a 2 year old could see it coming.
 Debyduz_
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:31:06 AM
I wonder if his profile is still here?
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2012 12:47:44 PM

I wonder if his profile is still here?

Oh ... Dearie me!
I was hoping the OP could enlighten us, but it seems he has deleted his profile.
After all, on top of doing a public service, the OP was ostensibly an honest and upstanding guy ...

or WAS he?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Guy that blew up house in Indianapolis used POF to scam women.