Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > premium pof membership worth it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 minervyx
Msg: 1
premium pof membership worth it?Page 1 of 1    
i havent purchased the premium membership for pof yet, but i am considering it. i think, overall, it seems to be worth it. if anyone has tried it, certainly, give me your perspective.

but heres how i see it.

1. it's not a crutch or an unfair advantage because, in the end, you still need a good profile, good messages, physical attraction and overall captivating personality. all it is is promotion. if you aren't appealing to the opposite sex, it won't fix it, but if you are, it will magnify it.

2. making your profile at the top of the search list, it saves time, and time is money. if you normally spend 10 hours a month on pof, you may only need to spend 5.

3. it lets you learn your strengths and weaknesses. you can see what kind of girls like you, what kind of girls don't like you, what kind of messages work, and what kind of messages don't work. if it can open your eyes on big mistakes you have been making, then it could teach you life changing lessons

what are your thoughts?
 Xray86
Msg: 2
premium pof membership worth it?
Posted: 12/27/2012 6:42:13 PM
Don't bother. You can see and send messages to people and participate in forums. Why bother paying on a site that's effectively free? You'll just be wasting money and no guarantee that you'll find someone or even have a one-line response. That's the mistake I made on the pay dating sites. I wasted a lot of money and nine times out of ten I wouldn't get any sort of response. Heck I never even met anyone from those sites. At least here I met one person even though it never progressed beyond that and she stopped talking to me right after saying how much she liked going out with me and blah blah blah. So don't bother wasting money here.
 minervyx
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/27/2012 6:49:23 PM
i think it's worth a try though.

it's only 30 dollars for 3 months.

if you paid to get premium features and still didnt get women, i think youre in the 90% of men who cant write a good profile, or a good message
 PR816
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2012 6:52:29 PM
Thats the part I dont understand.Why is it you can chat back and forth 6 or 8 times and seem to have something in common but once you try to set up a meeting or even tell them to call you on a real phone they drop out of site
 minervyx
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/27/2012 6:57:19 PM
hmmm

maybe theyre just being polite, or the conversation dragged on to long, they met someone else or you failed to interest them, or you creeped them out at some point
 Zermatt
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2012 7:17:31 PM
OR they are married, living with someone, otherwise engaged. Just messing about, trying to see what else is out there they might be missing while their Significant Other is snoring on the couch infront of the TV.
 vosche
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/27/2012 7:30:11 PM
nope...1, 2, 3 sum it up...you'll still see annoying ads, it wont improve your match quality or numbers..seriously..why would a dating site help you if it makes its money off your wallet? helping means you cut into their profits. its more value to them to not help and keep you here..spending....
 FourWinds82
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/28/2012 3:49:58 PM
I wouldn't bother with it. This site gives you alot of features for free anyway. I can tell you from personal experience that I've purchased premium memberships on other dating sites before and it really made no difference in the amount of replies or responses to my profile that I would get had I not paid for any extra features.
 ^campfires^
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2012 4:33:15 PM
I've done both on here and it works.
There are many benefits that a lot of people don't understand or appreciate.

BUT, you MUST have the right pics, profile, and messaging skills. If you are getting nothing now, then you will just get more of nothing when you upgrade.
0 x 300% = 0

I get 3-4 times the views, Flirts, Meet Me's and incoming messages with a paid membership.

Note that the site does not do a good job of removing paid features when your membership expires.

The biggest drawback is that you won't get to see the ads with the pic of the girl with puffy nipples in the tight pink top.

Keep Fishing!
 minervyx
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/28/2012 4:38:26 PM
thats exactly what i'm saying campfire.

the premium only magnifies your experience. it doesn't change it.

so if you suck at online dating, it wont change it.

but if you got it together, and want to pick up the pace, it can help you
 DurbanDevil
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 3:26:08 AM
Which one are you Zermatt ? Are you the one surfing POF or are you the one snoring on the couch ? :)
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 6:33:40 AM
Not worth it. Still the same otherwise. Looks get you in the door & anything you learn thereafter, whether truth or lies, is a crap shoot as far as compatibility & such.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 12:01:18 PM
look if you have great pics and a good profile (meaning you are already getting replies) then the upgrade might get you a couple extra replies. If you are not getting replies for free you wont get anymore by paying. All it will do is get you rejected sooner as they will see your profile quicker.

pics and profile are what gets replies here. Not shiny badges on your profile.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/29/2012 12:06:07 PM
If u can't get cho-cha IRL, what makes u think ur gonna get it on POF?
Focus on getting cho-cha, not an ad on POF...
Work magic w/ ur "one-eyed eel"!!!!!
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/29/2012 12:22:17 PM

The biggest drawback is that you won't get to see the ads with the pic of the girl with puffy nipples in the tight pink top.

Well, that's reason enough right there to pass on it. :)
 Re-animator
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 9:34:23 PM
I don't think it will make all that much of a difference. Either you're what someone else is looking for, or you're not. And if you're not, it doesn't matter if you take out a full page ad in the New York Times, no one is going to respond. The search parameters work pretty well, but once they narrow it down and read your profile, you can pay POF all the money in the world but it's not going to change who you are, or what you wrote. Still, I think it's good to support Marcus because he's doing a good thing here.
 minervyx
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/31/2012 7:52:58 AM
I think the point is if you are already doing well, and you want to do even better.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2012 8:55:39 AM

I think the point is if you are already doing well, and you want to do even better.
Look honestly its not going to help that much.

If you are doing well you might get an extra reply or two a month. Thats it really. Just login more so your pic hits the top row of pics on their inbox and you show as online and you will do as good or better.

I dont think it helps at ALL with replies. If you are not getting first contact emails now you wont get any after the upgrade. ALL the upgrade will help with is getting first contact emails to you.

Spend the time putting up the best 8 pics you cana nd write a fun and interesting profile is my advice and I have run with and without the upgrade. I get well over 50% reply rate to my messages and I average a couple first contact emails a day from women. I am telling ya I didnt see any difference REALLY.

I used the extra 8 pics (you get bumped to 16 as an upgraded member) and I loved the new viewed me screen where you you can tell if someone viewed you more then once. But the rest is all B.S.

If you are dumb enough to really believe you will get 230% more emails then I suggest you do the math like this.... Whats 230% more of zero?

I didnt really see any more replies or first contact emails from women TRUST ME. And I was one of the ones that got gifted an upgrade when they first came out to help promote/test it.

If paying will help you get SERIOUS here and actually make you put up better pics and a better profile THEN its worth it to upgrade. Its pics and profile that gets replies here. But thats the only reason it makes sense.

Cowboy
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > premium pof membership worth it?