Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Just my luck.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HadoukenBallz
Msg: 1
Just my luck.Page 1 of 1    
Ok I started talking to a guy on here last year. We talked practically every single day for 8 months before we met. When we finally met it was amazing we were having so much fun he insisted I stayed another day. It was all fun and games. Then....a girl who I considered a good friend played a horrible prank on him I had absolutely no idea she was like that. Long story short he thinks I had something to do with it. A few weeks ago I decided to contact him and just move on from all that crap. He replied then blanked a few messages then we had a normal convo then nothing...
Am I just being a drip? He's the perfect dude, its so frustrating because i've done nothing wrong. If I had done it I'd own it, but I haven't :/
He's the 2nd guy I've had real feelings for and genuinely liked in 4 years. Out of many that have crossed my path.
What else can I do?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Just my luck.
Posted: 1/5/2013 7:50:23 AM
Wait a minute, I'm not clear about what happened here.

How long was it, from the time your gf "played a prank" on him, and you talked to him about it? How long did you know about this "prank" before you apologized to him for your friends' misbehavior? What was the "prank"??

It took you "a few weeks" just to decide to contact him, and "just move on from all that crap." That again, makes this sound less like a situation where your friend pulled a stunt and confused him, and more like a situation where now, late in a game where you played fast and loose with the guy, you suddenly want to go back and blame your friend for the fact that YOU decided to leave the guy behind.

Some definite clarification is needed, before I can suggest anything meaningful.

In the mean time, the general thing that always make for the most reliable results, one way or another, is direct and clear communication. Don't try to figure out how to "play" a given situation, say what you want and what you mean, and what is factually correct, whether it is likely to make you look good or not. Then what ever results, fun or not, will be for the right reasons.
 Keeper_of_Secrets
Msg: 3
Just my luck.
Posted: 1/5/2013 7:51:09 AM
Get better friends...
 HadoukenBallz
Msg: 4
Just my luck.
Posted: 1/5/2013 8:16:16 AM
Sorry it is just such a long dumb story I tried to break it down. Well sit back and get comfortable because its long!

Ok she texted him saying she's pregnant with twins and he's the father then asking him if he's seeing anyone
He had no idea who she was and from what I can remember. He said 'is this Katie/Kate'
She just rolled with it and said yes its Kate.
He called her and because she has a****ey accent he gathered it was one of my friends.

A few days before this happened I was at his house and he has an Ipad. I don't have the foggiest clue as to how to use one. Its not my property and its none of my business so I left it alone. But he thinks I went on his facebook and saw messages between him and this Kate girl. I saw nothing. I don't know how to use an ipad.

I didn't leave him behind that's not the case. He's the one that cut me off. The minute I found out what she'd done, I gave her a chance to tell me exactly what she did thenI cut her off then I spoke to the guy and he is convinced I had something to do with it.

I was talking to him the same time she was texting him and he was freaking out but I had no idea it was her I genuinely thought that he'd got a girl pregnant. Only the day after when he'd called the number did he say "I'm not stupid I know its got something to do with you, she has a****ey accent". This all happened in June I tried for a few days but he wasn't having any of it. Then in september he messaged me. He really wasn't saying much. I reset my phone and lost all of his contact info. Then early December I messaged him. Its been nothing but mixed messages and weirdness from his part.

I don't mind taking the blame if it was me. I own everything I do which is probably my best and worst trait. I really care about him I wouldn't do that to him. I'm an adult.
 ixtlan09
Msg: 5
Just my luck.
Posted: 1/5/2013 10:02:41 AM
How can someone with the profile name of Pimp_Zilla be worried about relationships? It should be "I got 99 problems but the bit$% ain't one". You should be worried about gettin' money for the rent with Cadillac and gas money spent.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Just my luck.
Posted: 1/5/2013 10:25:46 AM
Okay, going by the more detailed explanation, I'd say you're done.

The sum total of the entire situation is, that HE is 100% convinced that his guess about what happened is the truth. Only he can change his mind about that.

Given the general flakiness of the entire situation though, it doesn't appear that you have lost all that much.
 TomToriginal
Msg: 7
Just my luck.
Posted: 1/5/2013 12:26:10 PM
Friends and/or family can certainly ruin things in a hurry.
I'm afraid you're done. If your friend did that, what else will your friends do is what he is thinking.
Nice friend. Bad joke. It cost you. Move on.
Some of us have a very low tolerance for BS. Life is too short for those kinds of games.
Practical jokes are never funny to the recipient.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Just my luck.