Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > POF Mobil App \ Unwanted notices      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AwakeAndFun2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
POF Mobil App \ Unwanted noticesPage 1 of 1    
Even after I unchecked the box that I want notices of matches sent to me, the mobile app later rechecks the box and keeps sending me notices of matches!! Please fix the bug in the software that rechecks unchecked notice boxes!!
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 2
POF Mobil App \ Unwanted notices
Posted: 1/6/2013 3:21:18 PM
Even after I unchecked the box that I want notices of matches sent to me, the mobile app later rechecks the box and keeps sending me notices of matches!! Please fix the bug in the software that rechecks unchecked notice boxes!!

I've never seen an option for whether or not emails for matches are sent to you. As far as I know, you get them whether you like it or not. I get them both on my computer and iPhone app. Where is this option you're speaking of? It's certainly not in your mail settings.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2013 5:28:11 PM
There is no way to turn off match emails or meet me emails from POF. You can turn off all other emails. Not sure how any further notifications via the mobile app may relate to this.

Problems with mobile apps should be addressed to mobile@pof.com

Cowboy
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/7/2013 4:35:43 AM
I forgot to mention in my first post that the app you're referring to does nothing more than send you a notification that you have new matches, which is the equivalent of getting an email on your computer. It does nothing else that I'm aware of. The POF iPhone app is really a subset of the computer version and has far fewer features. If you're using an Android phone rather than an iPhone, I'm sure the app will behave in the same way.
 nateskippy
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/11/2013 10:42:47 PM
I have the android app and its kinda annoying to receive an e-mail and app notification for everything.
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/12/2013 8:29:30 AM

I have the android app and its kinda annoying to receive an e-mail and app notification for everything.

Does the Android app let you enable or disable notifications at the application level? On my iPhone, I can turn notifications on or off for POF or any other application.
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > POF Mobil App \ Unwanted notices