Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Should I get a hair transplant.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NotHard
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Should I get a hair transplant.Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Well I am balding. whilst it looks good on many men, I look like an old man and not The Rock or Bruce Willis

When I go on a date, even though my main pic was taken recently, i always get asked when was the pic taken?

Also no way am I shaving head every day.

Money isn't that big issue for me either. I could buy a nice sports car or a hair transplant.

What should it be?
 Perspektiv
Msg: 2
Should I get a hair transplant.
Posted: 1/13/2013 5:53:18 AM
I've got a shaved head. It's all about confidence, my friend.

I guarantee you it's not my shaved head that attracts women, but rather the confidence I carry it with.
I know tons of guys who hide under baseball caps, and the like.

Learn to love yourself as is. If you cannot, that's the true issue. Not the balding.

Trim your hair, as the longer it is, the worse it'll look. No need to shave it.

Women won't notice your balding spots, but rather will notice your confidence, first (if that's what you approach them with).

Just a thought.
 TonyClifton2
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 6:00:44 AM
God no, buy the sports car man. People are way to focused on the external and you'd just be adding fuel to the fire. Be happy how you are and if folk don't like it, well they can jog on!!

Yea, but the sports car, I'm picking up mine in April, not enough sexy cars on the roads, way to many MPVs!!!
 Walts
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 6:10:08 AM
Shouldn't YOU be looking in the mirror and asking YOURself this question???? It's an individual choice. Just like when a woman getting her boobies fixed. Or her hair colour changed. Some say it breeds self confidence because their "appearance" makes them "feel" better about themselves. If your appearance is important to you, than I guess you should look in the mirror a little longer.
 ironwinecoffee
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/13/2013 6:23:47 AM
I think the shaved head approach looks good on many men. Instead of a sports car or a hair transplant why not invest in some counselling or reflection time to figure out why you think these are the only two options.
 oxymor0n
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/13/2013 6:34:29 AM
Probably neither - nothing says mid life crisis more than a balding bloke with a new sports car.

Definitely no hair transplant, meet someone, date, start a relationship and spend that cash (with her chipping in) on experiences and adventures. The memories will outlast the transplant and the car.

Some women like bald men - a trip to the local grocery store seeing some of the couples there is all that is needed to convince me.

My last trip to the barber shows me thinning on top - all par for the course, I tend to keep it short anyway and when the time comes it'll be shorter. Just brag about all the extra testosterone you must have instead of potentially having a bad transplant and looking like a kids doll!
 Cyclingforfun
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/13/2013 6:37:18 AM
Shave the head, it is worth the trouble.
 jan1025
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 6:39:35 AM
Nothing is worse than an old man driving around in a sports car trying to get a women to notice him, once he steps away from the car... well.... let's hope you find someone who loves you for who you are!

Look, if the hair transplant makes you feel better, go for it. There's something about a man with hair.
Later on get the sports car this way you'll look really good driving it, and you won't appear like a old man trying to act like a young one.
Jan
 Mikare
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/13/2013 6:44:41 AM
No pic??? Is it that bad? I have always found that hair, or the lack of it to be very sexy...... I love a shaved head with thick brows and beautiful eyes. Yess I do...
 TonyClifton2
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 6:51:50 AM
"Nothing says mid life crisis more than a balding bloke with a new sports car" ..one can drive whatever they choose, lol, just shows people will judge you whatever, personally I'm seriously into your cars and if one can afford it then why the hell not...
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 6:52:49 AM
I think you should do what makes YOU happy, because that's what it's all about - your happiness.

When my hair started thinning very badly about a year ago, I decided to wear wigs. And, strange as that may sound, I totally love it. This decision has probably improved my day to day happiness more than almost any other.

Now, some people may think it strange that I'm a brunette with stylish short hair on Tuesday and sporting long, golden locks on Wednesday, but, interestingly, most people don't even notice. Besides, they are not me, and I'm in the business of making myself happy, so, I don't really care what anybody else thinks, except my sweetheart.
 oxymor0n
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/13/2013 7:28:24 AM

..one can drive whatever they choose, lol, just shows people will judge you whatever, personally I'm seriously into your cars and if one can afford it then why the hell not...

I don't disagree with your comment in isolation. You're into cars but you're not asking on a forum whether you should buy a sports car or get a hair transplant now are you? Your love of cars has no direct correlation to your hairline I suspect ;)
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 7:50:43 AM
never mind the hair transplant; not all of them come out looking good; some look awful. Just shave your head nicely, and wear a small earing and grow a nice goatee.

if money is no object them get yourself into a wicked sports car ( the BMW M6; Porsche Boxster, or even a ferrari) that looks good; and you will get more ass than a toilet seat in an obstetrician's clinic!

Just know that all your friends will envy you, especially the married ones.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/13/2013 8:14:00 AM
To me, a shaved/bald head looks hot, especially combined with a goatee. Earring and sports car are not necessary.

Hair plugs? Just one step up from a "rug", which is the lowest of the low IMO.
 five-marie
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 8:33:49 AM
Get the hair transplant. My ex brother in law got one when he was young, thirties. He still looks great. Some men can pull off the bald look, some can't.
A sports car will be garbage in 1o years. Besides, I never understood the love of cars. It gets you from point A to point B, then you get out of it and forget about it until you need it again.
Having hair, if it's important to you, will be there for life. Everytime you look in the mirror/meet someone, you'll be happier.
I always felt badly for men that they lost their hair. Mine is thinning, getting dry/frizzy and I hate it. If I could choose between a new car (I drive a 1997) or a great head of hair I'd choose the hair.
Nothing wrong with wanting to improve what bothers you.
 Fatuglybaldcreeper84
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/13/2013 8:53:52 AM
DO NOT get a hair transplant. Just shave your head every 10 days with an electric hair razor if you don't want the hassle of shaving it daily or every other day, that's what I do.

Dude I had the most beautiful head of hair, started to thin when I was 25, now I'm 28. I get more women bald now than I did when I ever had hair. Confidence has a lot to do with it, and just brutal honesty. I tell women before they even meet me or when they meet me how I am and what I expect and hate. Sometimes that turns them on more than any head of hair or sports car.

If you make women think you're a catch, they will believe you're a catch
 NotHard
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 8:55:52 AM
@FatUgly
"If you make women think you're a catch, they will believe you're a catch"

My mantra for today
 supplygoodguy
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/13/2013 9:08:12 AM
omg .. Not Hard is on a roll...
ok here's the rub on balding... you don't want a gal that isn't attracted to you bald or not bald.. I have gal pals that don't want to date a bald dude.. Now for me .. life is all in the eyes... if he is dancing the macarena for me with his retinas.. and I see intelligence beyond and he starts singing.. "I wantcha.. oh yeah I wantcha.. " then the chase is on.. but chemistry is a mystery for sure .. I never judge a person by hair.. down there or up there or anywhere.. but I only date a man who's bald spot is the size of my left nipple.. before the silicone implant and or after the brain transplant.. it's all a blurr..

If a hair transplant will bring some mojo for you then roll with it.... don't be surprised though if you meet the love of your life and she likes bald dudes.. hell I luv balled dudes.. don't wee all.. yeah.. hell yeah..

Your profile is pic-less but it says you have black hair.. don't get rid of your hair..black hair is majorly hot.. just let the spot do it's thing while you keep on doing you.. k..

oh yeah... another thing now that you got me worked up.. hah.. is balding "spelled" correctly.. hah,, rock n roll.. yeah.
 windchymes
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 9:58:59 AM
I know a lot of women who find bald or balding men sexy. Ditto those who said it's about confidence, not the hair itself. I could sympathize with not wanting to shave your head every day. Get a flattering haircut and keep it up.

"Yeah, this is my hair, so?" is way more attactive than, "Oh no, I'm so ashamed of my hair!"

And if a girl rejects you based solely on your hair, do you really want to spend your life with her anyway?
 pescando75
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:09:51 AM
The end result of hair plugs would probably just be your insecurity shifting from "does she notice my bald spot" to "I wonder if she can tell I have plugs."

Save your money and dignity. Just trim it short and be done with it. And get the cool car. What the hell.
 brisco414
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:10:00 AM
It's a personal choice. If done correctly and it is what you want to do, then do it.

Some guys can't pull off the shaved look as well as others and most women don't care about that anyway. Where's your photo so we can get a look OP?
 five-marie
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:29:11 AM
We can all say all day long that there's more important things than appearance, that we don't care if a man's bald. Truth is appearance is huge here. If it wasn't we'd all be coupled up with the average/ugly people in here. We aren't. Top 10% of the most attractive people in here get 90% of the mail. (I'm just making those numbers up). I think I'm close though.
I do believe women are more forgiving of appearances than men. I do think if it bothers the op that much and he can afford to get it done he should.
Worked with a woman who had alopecia, younger, tons of hair all over her face/body but not much on her head. Didn't work with her for a year then saw her. Wow! She had gotten a wig, gotten rid of the facial hair and what a difference. Even in her attitude, she was so much happier, confident. She had a good marriage and didn't do this to impress anyone else, just did it for herself.
You've read all different opinions here op and will probably side with which ever way you were going to anyways. Keep us posted! (A pic would be nice).
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:33:26 AM
Going bald is normal . and getting hair transplant to build confidence is also normal. but please oh please do not try to cover your baldness with those few strands across ;-)
 Symphonyangel
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:46:59 AM
definately what she said ^^^^^

When all is said and done it's your choice. And if you have the money to spend. Personally I love a shaved head but then I also like men with beards so I might be in a minority. My boyfriend has a bald spot and shaves his head with electric headclippers so he has a kind of buzzcut. It accentuates his eyes and the bone structure of his face.
 carolann0308
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 11:16:01 AM
Maybe I am odd, but I prefer a man that looks natural, if that is a receding hairline so be it. But you need to be happy with your own looks, if you want to go to the expense of hair plugs or the upkeep of shaving your head every week, then do what you need to do to make yourself happy. Nothing is sexier than self confidence, a person that likes who they are.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Should I get a hair transplant.