Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How serious are you ladies about POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MikeR2828
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How serious are you ladies about POF?Page 1 of 1    
I just want to know how serious the ladies out there take plenty of fish? Or are you on here just for attention? I ask this because I've heard from a few people that since POF is free that most of the ladies on here don't take it seriously and that they are just on here for the attention. Thank you in advance for any feedback!
 KJElise
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How serious are you ladies about POF?
Posted: 1/15/2013 10:52:16 AM
There's actually another thread on this same topic right now in the forums. You may want to do a search for more information, but I'd say it differs with each person.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 10:53:32 AM
I am serious about finding the last great love of my life. Online dating has had me stumbling over the wreckage and detritus of divorce. I've met too many duplicitous men looking for sex.
 CawkBlawker
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 10:59:25 AM
I'm just here for the free snacks and sex. I'm tired of being able to walk outside and find sex anytime I see fit. I want the challenge of them coming to my inbox and convince me they just want to be friends because they are married and their wives are giving them a pass to be friends with me. Free sex is better than paying for it, don't you think OP?
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/15/2013 11:09:07 AM

That depends on your definition of 'serious'. I take this about as as seriously as any other method of meeting my potential partner.

By that I mean, I don't walk into my camera club which is filled with people from my area with whom I share at least one common interest, and scan the crowd looking for a potential mate because I think the odds of it happening are very slim and purely down to chance. Instead, I am open to speaking to all and if I click with someone, male or female, then over time as I learn about them, I will possibly take it more seriously. The female group members will of course remain merely friends and chances are the men will too, unless something happens to make me reconsider that.

Being here is simply providing a greater level of exposure! Pun intended.

If your definition of serious is actively pursuing a relationship, scanning profiles, assessing their long term prospects, trying to figure out if their life will happily co-exist with mine, pfft, I don't do that.

My happiness isn't connected to being with someone and although open to a relationship hopefully for the long term, it's not a personal goal and not something I feel the need to achieve. As stated, it's all down to chance so I put no more time into it then I do playing the lottery - i.e. I only buy a ticket when the Jackpot is massive, I only do it then because I have to be in it to win it, and I am perfectly aware the odds of me winning are very low.
 lukeanthony1
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 11:11:49 AM
Mike you hit the nail on the head and a lot of them are lol, but you are brave for posting this because all you will get is bitter rants in response lol
 tickle_me_pank
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 11:26:41 AM
Oh I'm serious as a heart attack, but not if you're wearing a Pizza Hut hat. Then I will say where are my fukking anchovies, I ordered anchovies you twit. Can't you people do anything right.

vvvv No I'm just kidding around. Pizza Hut hats make me hot. Profile reviews 3 floors up though.

MikeR2828
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 11:30:25 AM
Are you saying my hat is a big no no?
 brad29483
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 11:32:23 AM
@tickle: I got a Dominoes hat and jacket, we could role play???

OP: this is just another variation on the "Why am I not getting responses" use the thread search, read all about it.

That being said, I find women are more serious on pay sites, if they have to invest in something its like the good shoe analogy, women buy lots of shoes, if they buy cheap ones, they wear out, but if they invest in good shoes they last longer. Also, classier women buy more expensive shoes, and all women notice if you have a watch on, and the shoes you wear. Its all in the shoes.

I mostly find friends and weirdos on POF, when I want to find a long term relationship, I sign up with match for 6 months, and I find someone.
 jjoenyc73
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/15/2013 11:36:55 AM
A lot are here for attention no doubt. A lot are even in relationships already.Many are fake. There's a reason you might think the majority is not serious. The non serious include those that just view and read emails. Even if you are Brad Pitt they might ignore you because some are married ,have boyfriends , etc. This group is harmless in my opinion. You send message they ignore you. No harm done , not a large waste of time, unless you are writing essays to them that would bore Charles****ns. Of course serious women who are waiting for their prince and YOU are NOT him will ignore you also. Thank god that we will get ignored, last thing we need is lots of return letters telling us we did not make the team :). Now the second group of the non serious is a BIG time waster(time vampires). They are bored or already taken or just extremely shy and social phobic. They might also be looking and standing in line at the register with you until they get a message by a gentleman who is vastly superior to you. This vastness can be .5% better , or he may have 2 tattoo's instead of one. Its different for every customer.The one thing they have in common is that they will chat with you and act the same as any interested women will act.This chat can end quickly or it can span for guys who are naive weeks. They have no intention with meeting with you. Repeat, no intention. This is like a party chat room for them. Some like a women I am friendly with on here are just shy and NOT ready to meet anyone until they get comfortable(maybe in 2015). Most are just killing time. You got to within 5 messages get their number or in cases where they prefer to call you, give them yours. Try to get it second message. Until you can get them off of POF , no one is serious in my book.

As for pay sites being better. I would think it depends on the site. What common sense tells me is that guys would have a better reply rate due to the 10 to 1 PoF ratio maybe going down to 4 to 1 or something better. I would also expect less scams and fakes being put up. But to be honest the only real good pay sites would be a site with people with similar backgrounds or interests.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/15/2013 11:48:11 AM
About as serious as the number of serious answers you have gotten so far from women.
 tickle_me_pank
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 11:54:36 AM
We are not serious enough. Or we are too serious. Date me date me date me, stop calling me stop calling me stop calling me. We can't win. *SOBBING!!!!*

Go try a paid site and see if it makes you feel better. IME, you see 90% of the same faces over there that you do here. Unless you join eHarhar in which case you expose yourself to being matched by a computer programmed first & foremost to take your money for as many 30-day periods as possible, with 150 different mouthbreathers a month that make your eyes glaze over like roadkill. Next next next next next next next next next next next next next. Get it?

Out of curiosity, one day not too long ago I signed back up at yahoo because I had a profile there umpteen years ago. When it was still free. Met quite a few nice guys at the time. This time I got dry humped by 35 different guys (all on the first day), 30 of them were god-fearing men whose wife and children died in a tragic accident (weeee wooooo, violins!!!) and needed a quick little short term loan to close an important deal you know, pay you right back. To be whisked away shortly thereafter to the seaside villa you know. The other 5 had the grammar of third-graders because they spent puberty shotgunnning Schlitz Malt Liquor and playing with themselves over daddy's Penthouse magazines.

Yeah sure all kinds of serious people on those paid sites. Have at it.
 lukeanthony1
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 12:03:19 PM
Posted: 1/15/2013 1155 AM
A lot are here for attention no doubt. A lot are even in relationships already.Many are fake. There's a reason you might think the majority is not serious. The non serious include those that just view and read emails. Even if you are Brad Pitt they might ignore you because some are married ,have boyfriends , etc. This group is harmless in my opinion. You send message they ignore you. No harm done , not a large waste of time, unless you are writing essays to them that would bore Charles****ns. Of course serious women who are waiting for their prince and YOU are NOT him will ignore you also. Thank god that we will get ignored, last thing we need is lots of return letters telling us we did not make the team :). Now the second group of the non serious is a BIG time waster(time vampires). They are bored or already taken or just extremely shy and social phobic. They might also be looking and standing in line at the register with you until they get a message by a gentleman who is vastly superior to you. This vastness can be .5% better , or he may have 2 tattoo's instead of one. Its different for every customer.The one thing they have in common is that they will chat with you and act the same as any interested women will act.This chat can end quickly or it can span for guys who are naive weeks. They have no intention with meeting with you. Repeat, no intention. This is like a party chat room for them. Some like a women I am friendly with on here are just shy and NOT ready to meet anyone until they get comfortable(maybe in 2015). Most are just killing time. You got to within 5 messages get their number or in cases where they prefer to call you, give them yours. Try to get it second message. Until you can get them off of POF , no one is serious in my book.

As for pay sites being better. I would think it depends on the site. What common sense tells me is that guys would have a better reply rate due to the 10 to 1 PoF ratio maybe going down to 4 to 1 or something better. I would also expect less scams and fakes being put up. But to be honest the only real good pay sites would be a site with people with similar backgrounds or interests.

You have it down to a tee mate and yes you know your stuff! It's good to know that there are still blokes like us on here who are not afraid to call these women up on there behaver and even expose:) If I could shake your hand I would and tell you I wish you were wrong but I know you are right!
Posted: 1/15/2013 12:31:08 PM
Generalizing much?

Just because it isn't working for you ... doesn't mean that it isn't working for others.
Try profile review.
 MikeR2828
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 12:37:02 PM
I have lol. Ive paid for profile creations, gotten second, third and fourth opinions, you name it.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 12:37:26 PM
I met men and dated them from POF.

Why would anyone think it is a good way to get attention in the first place? Like getting e-mails from married men looking for a screw on the side is sooooo flattering? Seriously??
 SexyKG74
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 12:49:28 PM
If a man contacts me and if I honestly don't find him at least somewhat attractive AND whatever he's indicated in his profile doesn't appear to be in line to what I'm looking for/have to offer, I do not waste OUR time. Same goes when it comes to me when coming across a guy's profile. I've actually seen some where I decided not to contact a man if I felt I wasn't a match for him...no matter how attractive I thought they were!

I don't have issues meeting men on or offline, this site is simply a way for me to meet additional men who I might not ever run into in my every day life.

I have had relationships with men that I have met online. I do not think it matters whether it's a paid site or not...you can encounter an *ss regardless of the environment...just like you could encounter your "potential him/her." Trust me, I've heard some horror stories about encounters on those other 2 major dating sites, from finding out people are really married, to people having diseases...by NO means am I welcoming that, but do you honestly think things like this doesn't occur with people who encounter each other without a dating site or on one just because there is a membership fee?!

At any given time, there can be over 500,000 members logged on to this site. If I ever reached the point where I felt the blanket statement that I CONSTANTLY hear in threads that "no one wants to meet/people are playing games, etc" I wouldn't keep logging in.

With a membership this high, you're going to encounter all types of scenarios/people with different motives...
 lukeanthony1
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 12:59:41 PM
Well a lot of women fall for the married men,the players,the rich pimps etc and that's why the rant on there profiles about no players,married men cheaters etc lol, but it's not a case of once bitten twice shy because they fall for the same loser guys time and time again it's so sad lol, now don't tell me that a pig ugly woman that comes onto this site does not enjoy the attention she gets from a ton of blokes each day and why would she want to leave? even the good-looking ones love it and they too end up getting addicted to reading a ton of mail complimenting them and asking them on dates,but they too don't want to give up that attention they get lol, women have it made on here and with so much choice they can show as much attitude as they like because they have the options!
 femaleconnection
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 1:06:39 PM
Luke, that doesnt work mathematically.

I met and dated men...my friends meet and date men. If the women are ALL not dating, then just who are many men dating here? All 1 woman? LOL

If you say it is hard for men to date then mathematically, it should be equally tough for the women...as it takes one of each sex in hetero relationships so you need to get over this crap attitude you have going on.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How serious are you ladies about POF?