Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Have I Been Blacklisted?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SexyNic69
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Have I Been Blacklisted?Page 1 of 1    
I searched a username of somebody and it came up without a photo and said that they had closed their account. Have they actually closed it or have they blacklisted me?

We haven't corresponded on here, but he is a friend of a friend that i have seen in real life. Could it be he saw me on here and blacklisted me or something?

If someone had blacklisted me or blocked me, what would i see?

Thanks for your help?
 forum_moderator
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Have I Been Blacklisted?
Posted: 2/9/2013 10:29:58 AM

I searched a username of somebody and it came up without a photo and said that they had closed their account.

Closed their account means just that, "closed their account"- no longer on POF.

If someone had blacklisted me or blocked me, what would i see?

In a search - their profile.

Attempting to email them - the system will tell you this person doesn't want to communicate with you.

the other
Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here ||
 StrangeDreams
Msg: 3
Have I Been Blacklisted?
Posted: 2/9/2013 10:30:41 AM
If it said he closed his account , he closed his account which means he is gone.
If he blocked you , you can still see his profile and you wont have the ability to email him.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 4
Have I Been Blacklisted?
Posted: 2/9/2013 10:30:58 AM
No such thing as being blacklisted on PoF.

The only way to block someone on PoF is through a message. You would then never receive another message from them/they you, but would still be able to view your profile and see your pictures.

If he hid his profile, you'd never see him online.

If you saw no picture and a blurb stating "User has deleted profile", then the user has deleted their profile.

edit to add: EVERYbody is faster than I.
 ThisIsExistence
Msg: 5
Have I Been Blacklisted?
Posted: 2/9/2013 10:33:13 AM
"User Closed Account"

means that the account is closed.
 SexyNic69
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Have I Been Blacklisted?
Posted: 2/9/2013 10:34:49 AM
Thank you everybody for your help. Sorry if it seemed such a simple question but i couldn't find the answer online anywhere.

Thanks for all your help!
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Have I Been Blacklisted?