Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > POF feature.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Christian4Christian
Msg: 1
POF feature.Page 1 of 1    
Why does'nt POF make a feature that allows men/woman to single out others that are: polite, are responsive (responds to messages), have legitimate or accurate profiles, that after "they" send a message and you respond, it shows your response was merely "unread-deleted" and other such that could weed out phonies?
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 2
view profile
History
POF feature.
Posted: 2/14/2013 8:39:03 AM
Because it would not mean they were phonies. It meant they could see your pic beside the message and knew they would never respond. Unread deleted just means NOT INTERESTED.

POF can not force women to contact ya. Gee wouldnt that be a perfect world. A dating site that could force women to contact YOU.

You guys come up with the craziest stuff I swear.

No reply just means they were not interested. If you started grabbing attractive women on the street asking them for dates what would your response rate be? One in a couple hundred? Probably not even close. Well its worse online.

No reply does not mean a profile is phony. It means they were not interested in YOU. Gee what a surprise huh?

Cowboy
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
view profile
History
POF feature.
Posted: 2/14/2013 9:50:25 AM
Why would people wish to share screen names of FANTASTIC dates they enjoyed, either?

"...Gee, this man/woman is a WONDERFUL date. Let me go share this crucial information with other singles so they can contact him/her in an attempt to lure him/her away so we don't get to date any longer. Woo-hoo!..."
 Christian4Christian
Msg: 4
POF feature.
Posted: 2/14/2013 1:21:53 PM
Cowboy,
this forum section is for submitting suggestions. I submitted a suggestion, not a question.
 Holly63
Msg: 5
POF feature.
Posted: 2/14/2013 2:16:53 PM

Why does'nt POF make a feature that allows men/woman to single out others that are: polite, are responsive (responds to messages),

and other such that could weed out phonies?

OP, it looks like a question to me.... starts with WHY and ends with a question mark.

As stated, no response does not mean phonies. Many of us have learned that no response IS a response. We're not interested.

On the other hand, I'm sure a scammer would be more than happy to respond. They're hardly likely to ignore you are they?
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 6
POF feature.
Posted: 2/18/2013 11:21:12 AM

Cowboy,
this forum section is for submitting suggestions. I submitted a suggestion, not a question.

Here, let me fix that for you....

This forum section used to be for submitting suggestions but it isn't used for that anymore.

Years ago, it was. Now it's primarily a Help section of the Forums. The title of the forums hasn't really changed though so people keep submitting and others, knowing that the odds of anyone reading them is minimal, try and provide the person making the suggestion, a workaround or means to achieve what they are trying to.

Why does'nt POF make a feature that allows men/woman to single out others that are: polite, are responsive (responds to messages),

How would that work/help. I could reply will 'Feck off creep' to every message I get and have 100% reply rate. How does that information help anyone?
 vestaceres
Msg: 7
POF feature.
Posted: 2/18/2013 12:16:19 PM
OP, it's none of anybody else's business to whom I don't reply or to whom I do, apart from the people who attempted to contact me. I'm not a fake for bypassing certain profiles and e-mails because they don't appeal to me. As it's my right to be so selective, even at my age with my circumstances, you also have the right to do the same, at yours and with yours.

I'm so bloody sick of you control-freakish beings trying to control others' use of this site. If you want to appeal to the people you like, you need to peruse the archives and take pointers on how you can make yourself more appealing. It's a long shot, but you must understand that even with the improvements, you're still an average man who's trying to vie for the same attention from the same few users that scads of other users are hounding.

As it were, your attitude royally sucks, and before you consider inviting anybody else into your life with that mindset, you'll have to work on your problem, first, IMHO.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > POF feature.