Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > To all the single men out there, I want to say . . .      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gorgeouscomedy
Msg: 1
view profile
History
To all the single men out there, I want to say . . .Page 1 of 1    
. . . Happy Valentine's Day!

Technically, not a "question" but just wanted to wish all of you on here the best of luck in finding what you're looking for. I think it takes at least a little bit of courage to put yourself out there on the internet, and for that I applaud you . . . today moreso than any other day of 'singleness' throughout the year. :)

Enjoy the rest of your afternoon/evening!!
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 2
view profile
History
To all the single men out there, I want to say . . .
Posted: 2/14/2013 2:06:20 PM
Look at the bright side of things this Valentine's Day:
Roses and chocolate will be on sale starting tomorrow! ;-)
Posted: 2/14/2013 2:08:26 PM
that's sweet, thank you.

my gf got me a potted cactus. i wonder if she's trying to tell me i'm prickly.
 4ummsOnly
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/14/2013 2:15:28 PM
What is this, some sick joke? Are you kidding me? Are you seriously f-ing kidding me?

Thanks for wishing me happy holidays on the one holiday I constantly want to forget. A grotesque reminder of how I am single. Always single. Unavoidably, perpetually, permanently single. Thanks for the additional reminder. As if I wasn't already miserable enough thinking about it all day today. And in fact every day. But, hey, guess I can help remind me one day of the year!

Also thanks for applauding me on being a loser when it comes to dating. I mean, good for me for messaging hundreds of women who are just not remotely interested. And thanks for wishing me lucky... in my case it is horribly bad luck.

But hey, I guess you think your peppy attitude and well wishing makes me feel better about my pathetic miserably little life. It didn't.

Have a horrible afternoon/evening!!
 Gorgeouscomedy
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 2:16:17 PM
Lol . . . love the prospect of half-off chocolates.
And a catus for gift . . . well, at least it's original! :)
 lhasaapso
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/14/2013 2:17:14 PM
Thank you. I am still waiting for my sack of cards to arrive. That stupid mailman! I bet he's kept them all for himself!
 SlaveDriver8
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 2:21:21 PM

What is this, some sick joke? Are you kidding me? Are you seriously f-ing kidding me?

Thanks for wishing me happy holidays on the one holiday I constantly want to forget. ...

Wow...nice tirade.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

In many cases...those most desperately in need of getting laid have the least chance of actually getting laid.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 2:26:51 PM
AGAIN we separated and divorced guys get ignored. [deep sigh] I'm used to it.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 2:27:59 PM
My fingers are crossed that 4ummsOnly is merely joking...
Pretty please, with sugar-on-top, joking. Right? :-)
 lostinterestinthis
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 2:28:36 PM
Thanks for the well wishes

And.... Thank God internet dating is not the only way to meet people - because it is horrible...
 olive_oyl
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 3:03:14 PM

Thanks for wishing me happy holidays on the one holiday I constantly want to forget. A grotesque reminder of how I am single. Always single. Unavoidably, perpetually, permanently single. Thanks for the additional reminder. As if I wasn't already miserable enough thinking about it all day today. And in fact every day. But, hey, guess I can help remind me one day of the year!

Also thanks for applauding me on being a loser when it comes to dating. I mean, good for me for messaging hundreds of women who are just not remotely interested. And thanks for wishing me lucky... in my case it is horribly bad luck.

But hey, I guess you think your peppy attitude and well wishing makes me feel better about my pathetic miserably little life. It didn't.

Have a horrible afternoon/evening!!

And have a lovely time finding a gal happy to change that with such a positive attitude! ;o)

Happy Feb 14 all!!!
 jc91607
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 3:05:29 PM

In many cases...those most desperately in need of getting laid have the least chance of actually getting laid.

You hit the nail on the head there when it comes to men. Of course a woman that desperately needs sex can be more attractive to men, unless she is a three headed troll with softball sized warts all over her face.

I am recently divorced and this will be my first Valentine's day as an unattached person in many years. I am looking forward to the fact that I have no expectations to meet and am not wasting my hard earned money on over-priced flowers or other crap.
 HildegardBingen
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/14/2013 3:10:02 PM
Haha couldn't have put it better... I automatically screen out all the guys with headlines like, "X but look younger" etc, as though X is old, and as for the profiles which begin with a message like, "Nobody wants me" or "Lonely and depressed" or even worse, "WHY ARE ALL THE WOMEN ON HERE SUCH ........???"

We don't really want to date miserable cynics. We all have our bad days but we don't need to commit them to print. And in case you think I don't understand, my batting average os currently one date a year (yes you read that right!) but I REFUSE to give up on believing that all I have to do is keep looking...

Happy Valentine's Day! The day we give up on love is the day we lose all hope of finding it. I'm happy for those who have, and good luck to all of us yet to get there! :)
 4ummsOnly
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/14/2013 3:17:30 PM

My fingers are crossed that 4ummsOnly is merely joking...
Pretty please, with sugar-on-top, joking. Right? :-)

Right, I just invented the part about how I am always single to be an a-hole. I thoroughly enjoy Valentine's Day!

I was not joking.

I completely detest this holiday and my life right now. I could no be more feed up with being single. I'm obviously never going to have a woman love me or desire me. I really don't want to be wished a "Happy Valentine's Day" or any other well wishes on my love life at the moment. Even by well meaning women speaking to men generally across the internet.

And have a lovely time finding a gal happy to change that with such a positive attitude! ;o)

It's not like I'm ever going to find a gal anyways. What do I have to be so positive about?

And in case you think I don't understand, my batting average os currently one date a year (yes you read that right!)

At least you got married and had kids. Undoubtedly you've had sex at least once, probably several times. At least you got to have that in your life. Just one date a year... I'm so glad you have it ONLY that bad.
 SpringsDiver
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 3:32:26 PM
Thank you, Gc! That's sweet of you. Pay no attention to those men so jaded they can't appreciate a simple sentiment.

I think "single" includes divorced and separated men.

Happy Valentine's Day, Gc ;-) , and all of the lovely ladies in POF land (you know who you are).

Edit to add: Anxiously awaiting the chocolate sales... I'm with you on that, Eric!
 Gorgeouscomedy
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 3:42:57 PM
Thanks, Springs.

And yes Igor - my wishes apply to you too! :)
 trankin5
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/14/2013 3:54:33 PM
Well if you're looking to get a nice girl to settle down with one day and to have her love you this whole self-pitty crap has to stop for one its annoying and stupid. First of all you're on a online dating website the girls here aren't going to be like aww I feel so bad for him they will see it as "what a loser" grow up and man up dude you're probably way to picky in your girls you are going after all the model looking girls and not giving any of the "average girls" a chance.
 trankin5
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/14/2013 3:57:49 PM
sorry, forgot to specify that was going twords "4ummsonly" but to the rest of the people who aren't acting like a selfish fool HAPPY VALINTINES DAY!!

OH AND

PS. 4UMMS - Your mad that you don't have a valentine on valentines day but some people don't have a mother or father on mother or fathers day .... that's life take it how you want to.
 Letimatou
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 4:00:10 PM
Happy Valentine's Day to you too Gorgeouscomedy!

I wish all of you to find the one who will makes you Happy in life!
Stay realistic, search with your heart and less with your eyes.
Love the way you want to be loved.

Cheers!

From Cancun, Mexico!
Posted: 2/14/2013 4:05:12 PM
And happy V-day to you too OP.
 buffalomike4484
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 4:09:46 PM
the most made up holiday ever. I personally think it's a joke. But thank you OP
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 4:10:56 PM
Gorgeouscomedy...thank you for the lighthearted, sweet, and gracious good wishes.
Happy Valentine's Day to you as well!
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 4:13:56 PM

AGAIN we separated and divorced guys get ignored. [deep sigh] I'm used to it.

sigh...yup.
My kids didn't even get me anything. And I like cacti.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 4:16:28 PM
Very cool of you to be concerned
with your fellow travelers in dating land of the damned.
LoL

For what it is worth Gorgeouscomedy,
you are admired from a distance.

Intelligence with a warm smile.
Those guys up your way sure are missing out.
:-)
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > To all the single men out there, I want to say . . .