Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why do girls suddenly stop talking?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CharlieUK87
Msg: 1
Why do girls suddenly stop talking?Page 1 of 1    
Happens to me alot, and as someone with low self confidence it can be quite confusing! I would feel much more respected if they simply said they weren't interested, or even better say what I've done wrong to stop me making the same mistakes again!

Just happened with a girl who I was speaking to, I ended up messaging her a few times (ok I probably came off badly there) but I had jus deleted m profile description and photos as I accidentally linked it to this forum and I wanted to be anonymous here... The last time I spoke to her she had to go to work or something, so she said 'speak soon' or something like that.

So do you ever ignore guys like this after speaking to them a while? If so why not just be honest?

Thanks
 Aww-Ree
Msg: 2
Why do girls suddenly stop talking?
Posted: 2/16/2013 5:48:40 AM
Yep...I tend to ignore communications from those men whose profiles have no facial likeness posted...and I do that for one reason. At a glance, I CANNOT TELL YOU APART FROM THE 100 OR SO OTHER MEN WHO WRITE ME & ALSO HAVE NO PHOTO. (lol)

What can I say? My visual acuity plays a direct role in my memory cognition.
 anthonyalan
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/16/2013 6:09:19 AM
See like the girl above me, sites like this inflate women's already problematic vanity. They get written by a couple dozen nerds and think they are greek goddesses that don't think they have to give you the time of day when in the real world they are just average. Its an ego trip for them.
 CharlieUK87
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/16/2013 6:27:23 AM
Yeah, accidentally linked my profile to an embarrassing post on this forum,,, so deleted my photo about 3 days ago, ZERO views or replies since lol, except people who I was already chatting with (although they're dropping like flies lol)

Thanks
 ANTPY
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/16/2013 6:33:18 AM
Would you continue a conversation with a woman without a photo? When it comes to cyber dating it is a physical attration that starts the conversation. Major changes to a profile cause red flags to go up...
 CharlieUK87
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/16/2013 6:38:32 AM
Yes actually :) I'm not that shallow. I often send a message to a girl with no photo, if she sounds interesting in her profile! And she had already seen my photos before... But I get your point, just a shame some girls don't seem grown up enough just to say goodbye or whatever
 OpenHorizons27
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 6:39:45 AM
Death......it's the lack of oxygen you see
 ANTPY
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/16/2013 6:47:35 AM
its called cyber dating....is easy to just walk away from someone you really don't know
 enjoyinlife83
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 7:08:42 AM

Its an ego trip for them.
I seriously doubt this is true. The perverts come out in full force when they can hide behind the anonymity of a computer screen.
 Aww-Ree
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/16/2013 7:16:43 AM
Greek Goddess!!! Bite your tongue. I'm Italian...

I don't know if my vanity is problematic...I've not really found it so, but then I am not a male with a chip on my shoulder, lol. Yes, I suppose at times my vanity can be inflated. I'm human, female...and certainly not perfect. My reasoning in not responding to men that write me with no photo has nothing to do with my ego, my vanity or my self inflated sense of importance. (laughs at your implication) Only someone with a less than stellar self -esteem would suggest such a non-logical argument. Okay...so we get where YOU are coming from. However, your comments do not denote who I am...or how I think. I want to know what someone looks like that writes to me. I don't have to qualify why I feel that way. It's just my overall preference, no different than one of your preferences where you don't respond to Goddess's or some such hangup, lol.

I look at it this way (and I can assure you it's not about ego). There are hundreds of profiles here with photos. I can relate to a photo visually. I can remember a face far better than I can a name. A non-photo'd profile does not award me that same memory recognition. Considering the oddball monikers that some men use, unless I write them down, I probably won't remember a name such as anthonyhatesgoddess's, but I will remember anthony's photo and associate with that photo a man who for lack of something logical to say, attacks a woman based not on what she actually said, but on his own hangups at having been rejected in the past by some greek goddess...lol. See...even you have memory recognition Anthony however skewed that might be. :)
 anthonyalan
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/16/2013 7:30:22 AM
Okay maybe it was unfair to single you out but that is a valid reason why a lot of them do it. I stand by that.
 Aww-Ree
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/16/2013 8:00:24 AM
*smiles*

Yes it was unfair and to that end NOT a valid reason and here's why....YOU cannot know what is in a person's heart and mind. You simply cannot know WHY women pass on the non-photo'd profiles. Suggesting it's a character flaw in women is still a ridiculous argument when you and many of your gender have done the exact same thing. It's not about being shallow...it's not about being a vain person.

It's about marketing dynamics....or the lack there of. It's like the old saying "A squeaky wheel gets the grease." A profile with a photo is going to garner more attention than one that has none. End of story.
 privat33r
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 8:29:04 AM
Yeah.. Anthonyhatesaphrodite - I totally aggree. Ever once in a while I'll send notes, girl gets back, but if its something annoying or pointless, or truly important- like asking for advice on how to germinate grape seeds, I get no response. And I wait and I want, and she's all poofed up, abusing her gigalazer cuteness, hiding in a cloud of superahautnedrness, and still nothing, and sure, there may be 1000 dudes sending her comunicques and 100 in the last day -- but those grape seeds aren't going to stratify and scarify on their own.

You'd think that even if they're getting 300 notes a day it couldn't matter, they can hold meaningful conversations with each and every one of us, especially if our requests are a little bizarre, pointless or just "hey?". The babes should be like bots floating in a distributed network- no matter how many requests there's no eway to crash the servers.
 Aww-Ree
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/16/2013 9:00:40 AM
Okay okay...as soon as I run my gran to the shops...get back here and muck out the barn, yes...I will pay due diligence to your grape seed dilemma. I apologize for being so remiss in responding. The 300 other emails that came in after yours buried you. I will set about deleting those so I can address yours post haste.
 RyanohRyan
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 10:42:42 AM
When a girl stops talking to you, it's one of 3 things:

She's busy.

She's weird.

She lost interest.

Is the girl busy? Is she weird?

If no to both, then you did something wrong and you need to figure it out so that you do not repeat it again for your next interest.
 jjoenyc73
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/16/2013 11:39:33 AM

When a girl stops talking to you, it's one of 3 things:

She's busy.

She's weird.

She lost interest.

Is the girl busy? Is she weird?

If no to both, then you did something wrong and you need to figure it out so that you do not repeat it again for your next interest.

Don't forget it could also be she can't handle YOU. Not all women can handle that which is different than their usual day to day.
 SuzyQBC8
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 1:45:01 PM
We stop for the same reason guys do - usually it's because we've lost interest and have moved on. No, it's not because your email got lost with the other 300 I received that day (really?! dream on! my inbox has never been that busy and probably wouldn't be even if I lived in a metro area). And like men, sometimes women drop the texting all of the sudden because of a false belief that not telling them that you've lost interest is less painful than actually stating that you're ending it. No way around it, it is disappointing so best to come out and say it.

While I usually will tell a guy that I've lost interest I can vouch that I haven't done this 100% of the time. I will drop without notice guys who by the 2nd or 3rd email are asking for my bikini photo when I've stated I'm here looking for a relationship.

I believe "do unto others as you would have done unto you" but if a guy is not showing me respect on a dating site, I choose to ignore them.

Yes, having come across scammers on dating websites, it's a big red flag if all of the sudden your profile disappears.
 StereoNERD
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/16/2013 2:43:01 PM

but those grape seeds aren't going to stratify and scarify on their own.

LOL!

but seriously, try agitating them in a 10% concentration of NaOCl than germinate them on peat moss tablets. Might work for your harder seed variants. Could also destroy it..

good luck
 namehere
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/16/2013 4:25:31 PM
"Why do girls suddenly stop talking?"

A thousand reasons, most signalling non-interest... sometimes flakiness, or in rarer cases unusual busyness or some indisposition.
The point is they stop. Online is like that.
Trade a few messages, polite small talk, and then propose a meet or live phone call.
The interested ones will agree, while the majority of the rest at least go and stop wasting your time. Not a lot more you can do.
 darkhairedgirl81
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 8:03:22 PM
Men do the same thing. If I haven't already met them in person then I really don't care. Nothing ventured yet so nothing to lose. But I have found that after I have moved on, then they get back to me. For example, last school year (I'm a teacher so I measure my life in school years, weird I know), I met a guy we hung out once, we chatted a bit more, then I didn't hear from him again. I figure we didn't click, he messaged me today. Granted he's on deployment, but still. I just cleared out all the phone numbers of anyone I haven't talked to since before New Years last week. Two men I was talking to one in December one in September both contacted me. I said, glad you're not dead, what happened? One had some family issues (understandable, messy divorce) the other was totally honest and said he started dating someone around that time and it didn't work out. Women do the same thing. We're all cowards. If we start seeing someone we don't let everyone we're chatting with know. Some of us are chatting with lots of men at once. I limit it to maybe ten at a time, but I'm sure the prettier women have that much or more on average.
 prime ribb
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2013 12:58:31 AM
Answer: Because they lost their voice...lol
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why do girls suddenly stop talking?