Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > "Meet Me" parameters. Do they work?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GregBG
Msg: 1
"Meet Me" parameters. Do they work?Page 1 of 1    
Why does the meet me function include women that are not within the parameters I have set. I am not interested in dating African-american women yet it seems to bombard me with them. However, it will stay within the ages I have set.
 jjoenyc73
Msg: 2
Meet Me parameters. Do they work?
Posted: 2/18/2013 4:13:08 PM
Besides the fact you shouldn't even use that feature , is it really ruining your day to say "no " to those you don't like???
 brisco414
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/18/2013 4:17:15 PM
Hit "no" and move on. Problem solved.
 tickle_me_pank
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2013 4:19:03 PM
Why does the meet me function include women that are not within the parameters I have set.

Because POF didn't take time out of their busy day to ask what kind of white women you wanted to look at before sending random pictures any single women in your area, damn them to hell.

Take responsibility for your own search and forget about "meet me" which is NOT the same as a search or even an advanced search, and it's basically just a bunch of bored people reflexively clicking on photos. Or just click the "no" thingy and move on like everyone else does.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/18/2013 4:22:01 PM

Why does the meet me function include women that are not within the parameters I have set. I am not interested in dating African-american women yet it seems to bombard me with them. However, it will stay within the ages I have set.

Because to even begin to attempt to solve for what you like, it must also solve for what you do not like.
 Stubidooo
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/18/2013 4:41:14 PM

Besides the fact you shouldn't even use that feature

I don't know why people keep saying this. Almost all the women for whom I click yes on the meet me will view my profile. Isn't that the goal? To get them to look at you?

In addition, the site says that using this will allow them to make better matches for you. So if you are using the match list, it seems worthwhile to click through them.

I fail to see why this feature is panned by everyone.
 GregBG
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/18/2013 7:44:53 PM
I thought the same thing. That it was supposed to "Drill Down" to a more specific type. It also seems to me that a significant number of the responses I read (not just this one) have a negative overtone. Kind of like, "Don't you know?" No I dont know, that is why I asked. I find this interesting as almost every female says they have a positive outlook or are looking for someone with same trait. So I am guessing it only looks at a small amount of info and generates a list from that, other than what your input would generate.
 Reach_er
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/18/2013 7:59:06 PM
If there are no ladies meeting your specific type you get what you get.
 1WishList
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/18/2013 8:41:21 PM
As some of us have gleaned, the 'Meet Me' feature has yet to be perfected.
I only want 6'4"+, athletic, handsome, witty, charming, faithful, mechanically inclined, chef, billionaire types contacting me, and whaddoyaknow .... it isn't happening. :) ... Hang in there - some days will be better than some others.
 GregBG
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/19/2013 4:32:58 AM
I am but after hitting no a couple hundred times you would think a simple if then statement in the code would correct this. As others state it doesnt seem to really work. Meaning it takes your original parameters and clicking yes, maybe, or no has little if any impact on what it selects.
 tickle_me_pank
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2013 4:41:43 AM
I am but after hitting no a couple hundred times you would think a simple if then statement in the code would correct this. As others state it doesnt seem to really work.

Ugh, to a hammer everything looks like a nail. Dude there is no "code" for you to find the white woman you're looking for here with the click of a mouse. Got some news for ya though, the "meet me" thing works JUST FINE as it was designed, which is to generate an active supply of unique page views. Here's a lil' clue. Page views = advertising dollars = revenue. It was NEVER designed to do more than that.
 spilling_fire
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/19/2013 8:16:58 AM

I don't know why people keep saying this. Almost all the women for whom I click yes on the meet me will view my profile. Isn't that the goal? To get them to look at you?

In addition, the site says that using this will allow them to make better matches for you. So if you are using the match list, it seems worthwhile to click through them.

I fail to see why this feature is panned by everyone.

I use the feature too, but I also look at the profile before clicking yes/no/maybe. I think most people use it based on looks alone, which won't help you narrow down the selections to people that are possibly compatible. I think my only issue with it is if "maybe" is clicked, people are notified that you do want to meet them. I'd rather the website send them a message that I "may" want to meet them.
 MazingBlue007
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/19/2013 8:24:51 AM
I would just disregard that feature. It isn't a popular thing. I think sending out or recieving messages is best
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2013 8:39:06 AM
Its just a tool to let you see everyone who is on line.. most people see the picture and never even view the profile.. hit no and move on or ignore the feature entirely.
 borderlady
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2013 9:11:30 AM
I will say be careful of it. I thought I had hit maybe, but guess I clicked yes.
I got an email back that was a bit weird..None the less I declined to meet up. Below is the email no previous email or ?? Chalk it up to lesson learned..
I will leave the decision to meet up to you. I am in ??? and do get over that way very often. I am not sure what you may see in me but I am open to meet new people.
 jjoenyc73
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/19/2013 9:22:31 AM
Clicking maybe registers as a yes.
 Gorgeouscomedy
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2013 10:01:24 AM
I honestly don't think the 'Meet Me' function is designed to mirror your search preferences that closely. I know for me, it sends me people who are *rougly* in my age range and area [though I get the random out-of-state person popping in too], but that's about it.

Short answer: don't like what you see? Click 'no'. I don't even see why it has to be about race . . . there are LOTS of other ways that someone is physically unattractive to you. If someone doesn't want to date me because of the color of my skin, it's their loss. ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > "Meet Me" parameters. Do they work?