Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Is it really worth being a premium member      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Frecklesssss
Msg: 1
Is it really worth being a premium memberPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Will it really increase activity that much is basically what I'm asking?

maybe some of you can comment who are already paying for membership, but those that don't also feel free to delve in.

I would be fine paying £30 or whatever for a few months of increased activity etc.

Thanksss
 Kentish-Man
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is it really worth being a premium member
Posted: 3/20/2013 3:57:06 PM
Let's see....you're an "intellectual" with two degrees who can't spell his own job properly.

I think a profile review would be of more benefit to you than an upgraded membership.
 Atosha
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/20/2013 3:57:50 PM
OP what activity are you looking to be increased?

Do you really think by paying money on a free site is really going to make a difference?

How come you can't spell what you do for a living?

Blimey I don't mean to sound rude but whys your face all pushed up don't you ever smile?
 billybonds
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:01:52 PM
Don't know. I don't reply to premium members, from a point of principle.
I don't go around blocking them I just ignore them. Hope this helps. Good luck.
 Mysticus_Amatrix
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:03:55 PM
my my you're a big lad and I don't mean height :)

A/ no? maybe yes? HTH

-mumbles- what kentish said.
 cinderfreakinella
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:05:19 PM
Why would anyone pay money to be here, when you can be abused, ignored and offended for free?

My opinion? Dont do it.
 Ruth.81
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:08:07 PM
are you really lacking in activity.... really.......:0
 Frecklesssss
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:10:01 PM
Simply a typo which is now rectified, many thanks for pointing it out though!
 Katy_Boo
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:15:32 PM
Holy macaroni are the women in Nottingham mad or what?!?

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ I'm packing my bags once I've had a freeeezing cold shower! :P
 Vampire_Cat
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:22:21 PM
LOl I think there may be a rush of forum members moving to Nottingham, and one fellow is already there :p

Seriously, I realise your first date is in jest, but I would still be tempted to change it.

Personally I think if you cannot get a suitable date , then the older, more haggard members like myself have no chance. Maybe its time I gave up and started collecting cats.
 Ruth.81
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:25:58 PM
i'll date him!!!!!
 addzzy
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:27:32 PM
Never stops to amaze me people always take a lame potshot at someone, he obviously made a typo, so what?

Opening poster, I must admit I did receive lot more messages as a premium member. I'm not one any longer but it was pretty decent. People scan through pictures at the speed of light, so standing out will only boost your profile. It's just whether you think it's worth the 30 notes.
 Frecklesssss
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:27:59 PM
Noted, I'll get that changed.

urmm, I think it's just harder at this age to find what you're looking for/common ground.
 Kentish-Man
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:29:16 PM
Mmmm.....I see you don't quite "get it". It wasn't just a typo....what intellectual can't spell his own job properly? It's proof of either a lie or an exaggeration, so it gets me wondering what else is also a lie or an exaggeration?
 GeordieColin
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:38:16 PM
If I was to invest in a dating site then I would be prepared to pay a little bit more in an all paying site just to increase the standard of the possible shags along the way to meeting the one for me.
 billybonds
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:39:57 PM
Can't believe how pof women get all hot and wot not for a passing piece of horse-beefcake with typos.
Compare how us men reacted to the mobile hairdresser. Did we simper and carry on....NO we saw her
for what she was, merely an extension of a well known currency dealer in the west country.
I personally like my pof men, gnarled weedy/obese, bald, illiterate and alcoholic. You know
people who have been pulled through a hedge backwards and who have failed miserably all their
lives. Ranting men with character for godsakes. You women never go for substance always muscle-bound
youths with typos and degrees I bet he's a free thinker....

I'd have used coniption.
 Mysticus_Amatrix
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:44:48 PM
wrong, he's an intalektual...I've studied his profile
looks like we are vying for the same men billy
 Frecklesssss
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:49:48 PM
It's a total bore when all you can do is smash out your jealous cards and throw a tantrum about a typo... isn't it?

please, invest your time in doing something that might actually benefit you, and not depress you even more.
 maya_posting
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:58:09 PM
It's a total bore when all you can do is smash out your jealous cards and throw a tantrum about a typo... isn't it?

*the ego is fragile with this one*

ignore what you don't like, OP...i can appreciate how posting for help and being 'picked up' on your spelling may annoy but, tbh, it's a fair point...

it's the little mistakes (like that one) that somehow stand out...whilst the delivery may not be the gentlest, it's valid...

as for the rest, i would highly recommend the profile review section, although would recommend you do it on a day when you are wearing thicker skin

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum94.aspx

and to answer your OP...i was an upgraded member and personally i liked some of the functionality that you get and i believe you stand higher in the search results etc. try it. it's not that much really speaking.

GL

:)

vvv @kentish

LOL!

(bless him he's only young)

:)
 Kentish-Man
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2013 5:01:08 PM
Someone tells you something you don't like and your response is "you're just jealous".

I was wrong, Sir, you truly are an intellectual.
 bubblyme13
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2013 6:36:31 PM
If you don't take the time for effort when setting up your profile (which is meant to attract outstanding women) and come across careless about typos, it leaves a certain impression.

I once met someone on here, who tried to make me believe he works for the White House.
Needless to say his mails were full of typos and lazy grammar. When confronted, he said that he hates writing and is not good at it. Still he claimed working at a position where he needs to file reports etc. LOL

Oh yeah, I was jealous, right. ;-)
 Atosha
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/20/2013 11:56:00 PM
OP you say you like: Diet coke, Great smiles, people slipping over, playing games of 'would you rather....'

I guess that tells me all I need to know about your personality and combined with your photo your profile doesn't appeal to me, but saying that you will appeal to some women whom like young guys that take coke and smiles when they push them over whilst saying their only playing (Head games).

Happy fishing :0)
 Bell0na
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/21/2013 4:28:59 AM
I dont think its worth it.

If POF show that they can find proper matches and not such a high failure rate id consider it

But until they vet there members for lies or carried out background checks then i will not pay.
 Bell0na
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/21/2013 4:31:01 AM
Let's see....you're an "intellectual" with two degrees who can't spell his own job properly.

I think a profile review would be of more benefit to you than an upgraded membership.

WHy do you you even have to be so rude. Attack the guy about something irrelevant to the post. Ridiculous. Some peoples attitudes on here really are disgusting. So much hate and bitterness.

Have a word with yourself will ya
 littledynamiteloudbang
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/21/2013 4:44:12 AM
Am with you on this one bell xx and ladies Nottingham is full of beautiful people and how can some one who asked for advice on a first date nerves comment on someone having no confidence on their profile and they look to others to give it to her to attend a date hypocrite or what. Many intellects make typo because we think quicker than we type xxx
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Is it really worth being a premium member