Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Why are there so many women my age who want a biker?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ca11er
Msg: 1
Why are there so many women my age who want a biker?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I've been trying to find women within my "age group" who I might be compatible with. I'm 44 and I look for profiles of women who are 35 to 50. In case anyone thinks I'm looking at women too young for me, my ex-wife from my recent divorce is 35. It seems like most of the women in this age range specify wanting to be with a guy who is a biker with tattoos. I have neither. Strangely a large number of the women in my age group have the same 1980s hairstyle they had in high school. Even stranger is the idea of the "cougar" which seems to boost the ego of women in this age group no matter how badly they have aged. I'm starting to think dating at 44 isn't worth it.
 tnt144
Msg: 2
Why are there so many women my age who want a biker?
Posted: 4/2/2013 6:14:23 PM
That's why they are here - they can't find people who want a biker chick - anyone with a brain knows they are dangerous on the road - they are brainless. Who wants a bimbo?!
 shes_the_one
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/2/2013 6:59:06 PM
Maybe all you need is a profile makeover. Like better pictures, and a more detail description. You'll probably attract a better variety of women. The way some see it, is if you aren't willing to put time into selling yourself then why bother.

Dating at this age is worth it! You just have to try a little harder than you did years ago.
 AstroCat505
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2013 7:33:14 PM
OP they watch Sons of Anarchy and decide they want an outlaw biker to make their life more exciting... It's a theory...
 Orionthehunter9
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/3/2013 12:23:41 AM
I think synchronicity ^ hit the nail on the head. It's a good theory. And every goddamm profile that expresses the desire for tattoos is sickening. It really just shows how unoriginal most of the sheep are nowadays.
 Space_Weaver
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/3/2013 12:38:35 AM
Tatoo'd bikers. Hmmmmm!!! I thought it was geeky, hipsters in skinny jeans, or collar popping frat-boys. Hahahahaha!

All kidding aside, OP you are going to find some that are just trend seekers out there. Although it is what they like in a person at the time, yet I see them as one-trick ponies with no imagination. The only thing that matters in this is to not compromise who you are as a person. I would rather be myself and loved for it than being loved for what I wear, the technical gadgets I may possess, or the art on my skin. BE YOU.
 Julyjosh
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2013 4:14:52 AM
just buy a bike...problem solved
 buterfly41978
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/3/2013 4:31:32 AM
I can tell you.. Not all of us want to date a biker. Personally if I see a motorcycle or if they talk about one I rule them out for my own personal reasons.

I am so thinking about getting a perm in my hair now.. However, I am not sure how professional 80's hair would be for work! Maybe only for halloween!
 RockabillyPaGirl
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2013 4:44:52 AM
Everyone has their preferences...

If you are not it move on. Why worry about it? Actually my boyfriend says his experience was opposite. Women either wouldn't date him because of the motorcycle or they would freak out when he took them out because they had no idea what riding a bike is truly like. He says he knew I was a keeper when I didn't freak out try to strangle him or tip us over on our first ride..lol.
 liftnw8z2
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/3/2013 4:54:17 AM
True. Everyone has a preference - just like most women freak out and run away over my lifted truck.

Bikes do seem kind of "faddish" for some at the moment though. Have a friend out east who suddenly became interested in them because of a guy she is "dating"...very out of character and it seems like she is just trying too hard with him....might be wrong though.
 relaxmod
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2013 6:44:39 AM
Ah Josh got it right buy a bike. Ok seriously. Im a biker and tatoo guy. My issue is I cant get a women in my age group I can only date 25 year olds it seems. No women in her 40s to 50s will look at me twice but I get all kinds of looks from 20 somethings and the over 55 crowd....just that they are too young too inmature. Im here for that reason and bikers are just like everday people. I have rode for 36 years and when you say me at work you would never know.

So I dont know what the problem is please send all the good looking 35 year olds who like bikers to me. I am getting tired of the 25 year olds...if you can believe that.
 ca11er
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/3/2013 6:55:55 AM
There are a bunch in my area that are 40ish who are looking for that. I don't have anything against bikers, I just don't understand why so many women are so specifically looking for them. My searches are for women 35-50 who are interested in relationships. I'm not really interested in motorcycles and my ex took most of the money I could use to buy one. I still have my Camaro which I'm happy with.
 ryuoki
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/3/2013 10:58:28 AM
Strangely a large number of the women in my age group have the same 1980s hairstyle they had in high school.

You mean that style where they have their bangs all spiraled and poofed up by 2 or 3 cans of hair spray that went out in the early 90s?

Maybe those ladies just want the 'bad boy' image as arm candy for their personal preference. Continue to be yourself. I have the tattoos, I can get the bike, and still have that biker personality but that does not specifically define all that I am. Maybe we could switch locations. We might have better luck doing so.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/3/2013 11:16:22 AM
Try looking for more educated women.

Personally I don't like tattoos and refuse to get on a motorcycle. My former boyfriend lost his left leg in a motorcycle accident at age 17.
 ScarletDame
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/3/2013 11:29:25 AM

Try looking for more educated women.

Educated women have tattoos too. I am a DVM and as you can see have quite a few tattoos. My ex is a surgeon and is as heavily tattooed as I am. I also know lawyers with sleeves. They also can ride motorcycles..
 CharminC
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2013 12:23:43 PM
You are searching out the wrong women OP.

Go look into a mirror and repeat the above 10 times.
Then log into POF and before doing anything repeat again 10 times.
Has it sunk in?
You should then be looking into a different pool of women.

and psst, it helps to note that you aren't into tats or bikes in your profile.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2013 12:36:38 PM
Many want someone with a motorcycle NOT a biker. Huge difference really. They are not looking for huge guys with do-rags and tats carrying a pistol. They just want a regular guy that might own a motorcycle to ride on the back of for Petes sakes.

Cowboy
 ca11er
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/3/2013 1:05:58 PM
The title box for the topic only allows a few words to fit. I couldn't fit "a guy who has a motorcycle."
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/3/2013 1:57:13 PM
Ok I want one but let me clarify something here I want a guy with nice sport bike to take a nice trip summer when weather permits. If he has piercing or tattoo it's cool as long as hr doesn't look like a freak. NO HARLEY'S not mu type or style. But if a guys doesn't have a lil Honda or Kawasaki or whoever else I would still give them a chance idk where u find all those " biker chick " wannabe
 Flumingo
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2013 3:09:53 PM
Wow - the judgment in here is thick!

I have tattoos - only a couple piercings - and have a bike. My boyfriend has a crap ton of tattoos and a piercing or two and is a biker - a real life, rag wearing biker. Some people think we are scary even.

And guess what - we both are college educated - have a nice home - and our kids are educated and well adjusted. We play very hard, but also give back to the community.

Ladies - never say never until you have ridden a biker. I'll take a rough and tough biker having my back any day over some of the pale, soft excuses for men that abound these days!
 OutMind
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/4/2013 6:35:05 AM
Giving up at 44? How sad. That is when I was having the most fun. Also, I am a biker. But I do not wear leather, or machines with an engine. I am the engine. I don't even like the biker Harley type of chics because they are out of shape. Rubbing my engine is not about making noise in a parking lot, it's getting my heart rate to 180 and keeping it there for 5 to 10 minutes. We both share a love for the outdoors, going up mountains, descending like a bat out of hell, then hanging on the same places. You can easily tell us apart. Big fat guys with the beer belly and leather, Harley. Lean mean, chisel machine with a t-shirt that says Alpe d'Hues, cyclist.

And by the way, nothing wrong with Harley bikers, male or female. They are living their lives the way they want.

There's nothing more beautiful than the chiseled ass of a cyclo girl. So don't give up. Find your hobby, embrace the culture.
 Daniel3098
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2013 12:44:43 PM
they are stuck in the past, with the notion a Biker is a rebel who will wisk them away from their boring life of suburbia and show them excitement.they dont yet know a modern biker isnothing like a 70's biker
 Advwench
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/4/2013 1:56:54 PM

You are searching out the wrong women OP.

Yep. Plenty of us no longer have our 80s hair (oh, the Aqua Net!), nor want bikers.

OP they watch Sons of Anarchy and decide they want an outlaw biker to make their life more exciting... It's a theory...

After watching SoA (one of my former gaming buddies had a role for a few episodes), I'd have to say that it enforced my idea that I would NOT want any part of that life, lol.
 centergame
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2013 8:24:25 PM
It's a simple answer. American society has produced individuals with low attention spans who view boredom as a living hell. The result is that a significant number of women want to constantly be entertained and a good man is not as entertaining as the bad boy. In most other countries , people are not constantly excessively stimulated and so do not find good men boring the way many American women do.
 rocking ritschel
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2013 6:40:36 PM
I'm a biker no im not a crusty mealy mouthed over tatted mofo either.I enjoy bikes if you cant accept me for that then I suppose I will never be the man for you.I find alot of women do not like bikers and I think the ones who do its a small percentile and a lifestyle choice for them too.My bikes have been here before you an they will be here after your gone is my philosophy and dont ask me how thats working for me either.Bikes are only a small part of a person and there personality usually.You wouldnt want someone defining you by your job so why would you do it to a biker?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Why are there so many women my age who want a biker?